TeaParty.us took $469,000 in donations

TeaParty.us took $469,000 in donations

Posted in the Sparta Forum

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#1 Oct 30, 2010
Revealed: JoinTheTeaParty.us took $469,000 in donations, spent none of it on candidates.

They even advertised the site on Craigslist, with an impassioned appeal to "patriots" who may be sympathetic to conservative causes. Ironically enough, the ad states numerous times that this group in particular is a "marketing campaign" with a fundraising goal of $500,000 per week.

The domain is owned by Todd Cefaratti, an Arizona businessman with a background in data collection. His other business specializes in mining contact information and reselling the leads to clients in the reverse mortgage industry.

"Thousands" of donors have given their personal contact information and credit card numbers to the tea party site, according to CBS.

In spite of the obvious political implications of calling a group part of the tea party, which is not an official organization or political party, Cefaratti's website is run by "Stop This Insanity, Inc.," a 501(c)4 organization -- meaning, they are not a solely political organization and they're exempt from federal income taxes.

In keeping with the very letter of the tax code, the site stipulates that it is "a non-partisan, non-profit social welfare organization dedicated to furthering the common good and general welfare of the people of the United States."

http://www.kpho.com/news/25556851/detail.html
cornbread

Sparta, TN

#2 Oct 31, 2010
who cares you know it all agin lol
Peanuts

Columbia, SC

#3 Oct 31, 2010
Sylveey2 wrote:
Revealed: JoinTheTeaParty.us took $469,000 in donations, spent none of it on candidates.
They even advertised the site on Craigslist, with an impassioned appeal to "patriots" who may be sympathetic to conservative causes. Ironically enough, the ad states numerous times that this group in particular is a "marketing campaign" with a fundraising goal of $500,000 per week.
The domain is owned by Todd Cefaratti, an Arizona businessman with a background in data collection. His other business specializes in mining contact information and reselling the leads to clients in the reverse mortgage industry.
"Thousands" of donors have given their personal contact information and credit card numbers to the tea party site, according to CBS.
In spite of the obvious political implications of calling a group part of the tea party, which is not an official organization or political party, Cefaratti's website is run by "Stop This Insanity, Inc.," a 501(c)4 organization -- meaning, they are not a solely political organization and they're exempt from federal income taxes.
In keeping with the very letter of the tax code, the site stipulates that it is "a non-partisan, non-profit social welfare organization dedicated to furthering the common good and general welfare of the people of the United States."
http://www.kpho.com/news/25556851/detail.html
It all sounds real good but, who's welfare are they helping? Sounds like your usual scammer to me

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#4 Nov 1, 2010
Peanuts wrote:
<quoted text>
It all sounds real good but, who's welfare are they helping? Sounds like your usual scammer to me
That's the way it sounds to me too. I dearly hope that people haven't been scammed. Everywhere you look these political attacks are going on, and they all beg for money. I have a feeling a lot of people have been duped. When they realize it, I wonder what they'll do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sparta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old Service Transport Location 2 hr nutzaplente 2
Trump2B impeached HAH!! 5 hr SYLNTGRNIZPPL 15
for a cheap lay 5 hr april tatum 25
Trump Approval Rating 35%. How low will it go? 13 hr MAGA 212
Dale Walker 14 hr Anna B 4
what sentance was handed down in mike poston case (Jun '12) Thu teedoff 16
Brittany Melton Thu Lovetoknow 6

Sparta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance