why is krystals closing
bubba

Carlisle, SC

#66 Sep 9, 2012
lol wrote:
Does anyone know why Krystal's are closing? Saturday is the last day! I know someone who works there and it's just a huge shock to everyone. No one knows what's going on
It is because Agee can't rip people off with burgers like he does with gasoline. In other words it all boils down to greed.
Spartan

Maryville, TN

#67 Sep 9, 2012
TTH wrote:
You dispute my opinion without backing it up with real data. Since you are so sure of yourself I would think it easy for you. Let's see it.
Yes my own little world is a pretty nice place to be. That is why I am so passionate about these issues. 12.5% unemployment means somewhere around you right now a kid is hungry but the "adults" in their lives spent the grocery money on pot, meth or other poison of choice. An out of business fast food joint, not the first for Sparta I might add and almost unheard of anywhere else, means there are Sparta kids right now trying to figure out how to pay for next semesters fees and books so they can continue what may be their only hope of not living in a town with 12.5% unemployment. You bet I am direct and if I hurt your feelings that is too damn bad. If I didn't see so much wasted potential in Sparta and it's people, I would laugh at the entire Topix community and click right on thru or more likely never even give it a second thought. The idea that investment will come because we have pretty woods and a highway is abject baloney or would that be bologna. Anywhoo if Sparta is unwilling to invest and improve itself the no one from outside is going to be willing to risk the kind of resources required to provide a major source of employment.
You sure are a flip-flop-flipper.
fyi- Nothing you say hurts my feelings. It's an insult to everyone's intelligence and, at the least, extremely misleading for you to spout out (what was it that 'guess what/well' person said the other night...? oh yeah) fact-less blather.
Back to your flip-flop-flipping.
Yesterday you said in post #56 "Plenty of people have money locally to invest and yet it doesn't happen. Why is that?". After I stated Krystal was locally owned in post #59, which I know and many others know from personal experience, you said in post #60 "Yes Krystal was locally owned and it failed." Then today in post #64 you said "Anywhoo if Sparta is unwilling to invest and improve itself the no one from outside is going to be willing to risk the kind of resources required to provide a major source of employment." So you learned nothing? Obviously you can't seem to understand or learn that local people are investing locally. But that would mean you would have to retract your previous statements and reverse you stance. So we now know we cannot expect an educated opinion from you. Nor count on any accuracy in your posts.
And yet still you offer absolutely no proof of any kind for anything you've said.
My personal, eye-witness proof about the wasteland that was Fairfield Glade throughout the 70's, which I offered in post #59, is not good enough for you. OK. I can understand that coming from someone like you. But you offer absolutely no proof otherwise. So don't throw stones when you can't even back up what you say.
And it's the same with every point you make. You offer absolutely zero, nada, no proof of any of your claims.
And your statement that "An out of business fast food joint, not the first for Sparta I might add and almost unheard of anywhere else..." is inaccurate and misinformative. We all know it's "not the first for Sparta". But "almost unheard of anywhere else"? Really? How about you proving your point.
You want to fain a debate with me by saying, "You dispute my opinion without backing it up with real data". Got any of your own data? Or proof of any kind? Since you are so sure of yourself I would think it easy for you. Let see it.
TTH

San Jose, CA

#68 Sep 9, 2012
Here is a quick list of proof.

Take a drive down Crossville's Main St. then compare to a drive down Bockman and compare the two.

Crossville Ceramics
Stonepeak Ceramics
CoLinx
Flower's Bakery one of the largest snack food plants in the southeast
Leisure Kraft Marine
VK Industries
FICOSA North America
Aviagen North America
among several others

Average household income
Crossville 35000
Sparta 25000

With roughly twice the population and since you are "in the know" can you give an example of a plant closing?

VERY successful "Golf Capital of Tennessee" marketing plan

Would you like to compare real estate markets?

Prior to 1970 your best option for employment in Crossville was to go north to Indiana, Ohio or Michigan. Many of those folks are now moving back and continue to fuel growth.
Guess What

Sparta, TN

#69 Sep 9, 2012
Fact-less blather!
comeon

United States

#70 Sep 9, 2012
Oh my goodness people. Just get some gas money from your stupid perverted step dad, load up your white trash family in your old piece of shit 87 Buick Lasaber with 3 douna tires, and a garbage bag over the back window, and go to Cookeville and eat at this dump, Krystals. AKA the white trash white castle.
wow

Columbia, TN

#71 Sep 9, 2012
None of those are on main st.

“Proud Black Man”

Since: Apr 11

Da Hill

#72 Sep 9, 2012
man what da foe be wrong wit chu peoples.da reason da krystal dun be closin be cause dey serve da food not be fit to feed a dog.the food done be tasted like crap no on want to eats crap.good riddance shee man da foe.
not going to lie

Columbia, TN

#73 Sep 9, 2012
Actually the median income for Crossville is: 27,957
While Sparta median income is 25,291

Only proof you've shown is pulling numbers from your ass.

Crossville has done well because they've had better leaders and planning. The same damn thing I said in the beginning. Which is only MORE proof that you change the topic and ramble on making pointless claims.

“Proud Black Man”

Since: Apr 11

Da Hill

#74 Sep 9, 2012
my take wrote:
Its a proven fact that deadbeats move from everywhere in order to sponge off Tn.care and all the other freebies Tennessee offers.True Sparta is full of deadbeats but all the other deadbeats from around the country move here as well.Most of them that move here have daughters usually more than one that ends up pregnant and enters the government handout system.My personal opinion is that the parents of these girls should be liable for these charges not the taxpayers.
tell dem to keeps movin here and i do all i can dos to help da daughters get pregnant.
TTH

San Jose, CA

#75 Sep 9, 2012
So will you be man enough to raise them?
TTH

San Jose, CA

#76 Sep 9, 2012
not going to lie wrote:
Actually the median income for Crossville is: 27,957
While Sparta median income is 25,291
Only proof you've shown is pulling numbers from your ass.
Crossville has done well because they've had better leaders and planning. The same damn thing I said in the beginning. Which is only MORE proof that you change the topic and ramble on making pointless claims.
Actually the median income family household income for Cumberland Co. is a tad over $36000.

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/47/47...

Actually you are doing the same damn thing you were doing in the beginning. Simply trying to discredit my posts for whatever reason. As a local "businessman/woman," are you a member of the Chamber? If not, as a citizen of White Co, why may I ask are you on here wasting time and pointing fingers at my data? Why are you not out doing everything in your power to improve our economic situation? If you are a member of the Chamber, I would remind you economic development is the purpose for the organization.
TTH

San Jose, CA

#77 Sep 9, 2012
To be fair White Co. is just short of $34000.
TTH

San Jose, CA

#78 Sep 9, 2012
The correlation you see between my derriere and the U.S. Census Bureau is quite humorous though. LOL

Although with the Obama administration those figures could be inflated to show more growth than actually exists. LOL
not going to lie

Columbia, TN

#79 Sep 9, 2012
Those stats are for Cumberland Co. YOU said Crossville. The numbers I posted were for the city population on www.city-data.com Once again you've changed the direction and changed the topic to steer away from your previous claim. It is truly worthless trying to debate with you. You prove yourself over and over in lies.
TTH

Manchester, TN

#80 Sep 9, 2012
Ok you win. I'm over it. Crossville continues to grow for no reason. You on the other hand Mr. Sparta businessman/woman are still stuck with the 12.5% unemployment rate in a town that cant support a fast food restaurant. Can you dispute those facts? My living is made. If Sparta want's nothing better fine by me.

If as you claim, are a Sparta businessman/woman tell these people what you are doing to improve their economic status. Are you a member of the Chamber? Economic development is their purpose. It is not just the responsibility of county government. What are YOU doing to help?

You are quick to discredit so tell us of your contributions. I suspect not many.
TTH

San Jose, CA

#81 Sep 9, 2012
Ok you win. I'm over it. Crossville continues to grow for no reason. You on the other hand Mr. Sparta businessman/woman are still stuck with the 12.5% unemployment rate in a town that cant support a Krystal's restaurant and has experienced multiple factory closures. Can you dispute those facts? My living is made. If Sparta want's nothing better fine by me. I can live my life just fine and never go into Sparta until time to renew my vehicle tags. LOL Can you do that by mail by the way?

If as you claim, are a Sparta businessman/woman tell these people what you are doing to improve their economic status. Are you a member of the Chamber? Economic development is their purpose. It is not just the responsibility of county government. What are YOU doing to help?

You are quick to discredit so tell us of your contributions. I suspect not many.
Spartan

Maryville, TN

#82 Sep 9, 2012
TTH wrote:
Here is a quick list of proof.
Take a drive down Crossville's Main St. then compare to a drive down Bockman and compare the two.
Crossville Ceramics
Stonepeak Ceramics
CoLinx
Flower's Bakery one of the largest snack food plants in the southeast
Leisure Kraft Marine
VK Industries
FICOSA North America
Aviagen North America
among several others
Average household income
Crossville 35000
Sparta 25000
With roughly twice the population and since you are "in the know" can you give an example of a plant closing?
VERY successful "Golf Capital of Tennessee" marketing plan
Would you like to compare real estate markets?
Prior to 1970 your best option for employment in Crossville was to go north to Indiana, Ohio or Michigan. Many of those folks are now moving back and continue to fuel growth.
You just proved several of my points.
First, you proved what I said “You always either refuse to admit when you're wrong or refuse to back up your inaccurate statements and change the subject.”
You totally avoided providing any proof that “Sparta is unwilling to invest and improve itself”. Guess you cannot back up that inaccurate statement, huh? And you also refuse to admit with you’re wrong.
Next you start making comparisons of Sparta and Crossville and use a list of eight companies, only two of which started prior to 1986, to offer proof of the statement “They marketed to Fairfield Communities and the rest is history.” So are you now saying Fairfield Communities brought all of those companies to Crossville? Seems you’re even getting yourself confused.
And you want to compare real estate markets. Well duh. You’re just pointing out the obvious. No one is saying Sparta’s real estate market is as successful as Crossville’s. Again that’s changing the subject and not providing proof of anything, except my points.
Then you totally avoided my point about fast food businesses closing, which you said was “almost unheard of anywhere else”.
Your inaccurate comment that “Cookeville has a major university” changed to “TTU engineering consistently ranks among the top engineering schools in the US” to “many major corporations consider TTU an excellent and well renowned university”. You’ll say that’s a matter of semantics but it’s just another example of how you actually use semantics to keep yourself from looking foolish. And that allows you to make it up as you go without regard to accuracy or responsibility.
So you’re jig is up. We ALL get it. You are without any credibility.
In fact, since you keep proving all of my points with every one of yours, have at it. I’ll just sit back and laugh at the “fact-less blather” you keep throwing out.
TTH

San Jose, CA

#83 Sep 9, 2012
Laugh all you want. Your unemployment rate is still 12.5% and you are doing nothing about it but try to discredit my posts when I point it out. Crossville has and continues to grow spurred by agressive real estate marketing and market development beginning with Fairfield Glade. That is not news to anyone with any understanding of Crossville and Cumberland County. I have no JIG to be up. You are a fool if you think trying to discredit my posts will do anything. If Sparta invests in itself and is in the condition it is in what does that say about the town and the investors?
TTH

San Jose, CA

#84 Sep 9, 2012
Are you going to try to discredit the University of Tennessee also? I suppose UT is not a major university either. LOL

http://www.ips.tennessee.edu/userfiles/file/F...

By the way, when are you going to provide sources for your claims?
TTH

San Jose, CA

#85 Sep 9, 2012
On table 2.3 you will read the direct correlation between between income/poverty levels and development of the real estate market. You will find very little of what I post cannot be backed up with supporting literature. Let us see you do the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sparta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sparta High school football coach's 1 hr TTH 4
Kane young 2 hr Heeheee 2
The solar eclipse has got everyone scared, sayi... 2 hr Yucky 12
Bon Air History - Section House 3 hr TTH 30
Eclipse traffic 3 hr SYLNTGRNIZPPL 18
Next Sheriff Race 4 hr TTH 62
James Neal 6 hr Curious 25

Sparta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sparta Mortgages