Posted in the Sparta Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
BonDeCroft

Mcminnville, TN

#1 Jan 12, 2011
Well, the Dollar Store is finally open.

These mini-marts up here are finally going to have to start charging lower prices if they want to stay in business.

No more rip-offs. Welcome to the world of business and competition.

New mini-mart is currently under construction. They might open by next winter if they keep on at the same pace.

Good news is the new mini-mart can sell beer. L & W can't sell beer.

Mike can sell beer.

Now looking good for L & W. Can't say that I'll miss the incompetent cashiers/pizza makers there. They just didn't have a clue. Maybe we can turn that store into a pool hall? Ooops... no beer, can't do that.

Too many roadblocks to business in White Co.

And the commissioners want to build new Fair Grounds and Rodeo building. LOL!!!
BonDeCroft

Mcminnville, TN

#2 Jan 12, 2011
Correction... NOT looking good for L & W...
thank you

Columbia, SC

#3 Jan 13, 2011
It is clear you have definitely never owned any type of a business. The prices of these mini marts up here are based on what they pay. Of course a chain with the buying power of thousands of items gets a better price. The mini marts up here aren't Dollar Generals they are little locally owned businesses trying to make a living. They are your neighbors, lifelong residents not a corporation. When you walk in you don't have signs plastered in your face in english and in spanish. They care more about you as a customer than being politically correct and is it politically correct to have signs in English and Spanish here in the US? Something to think about while you are shopping. L & W is doing just fine and will continue to do so. Bon Air MArket is doing just fine and will continue to do so. These stores don't do the same thing as DG. They make pizzas, have delis, sell cigarettes and tobacco and they sell gas. They are quick in and outs. Dollar General is not for the same type of business. Look in Sparta, there are at least 5 of these type of stores, Dollar Generals, Family dollars etc and there are several grocery stores and there are several mini marts. The businesses up here on the mtn will all do just fine. Thank you for your concern though.
BonDeCroft

Mcminnville, TN

#4 Jan 13, 2011
L & W might be doing fine, but they won't be doing fine if DeRossett Mkt opens.

As for a Quick In and Out, you really haven't ever been to L & W have you. There is nothing quick about them.
look

Columbia, SC

#5 Jan 13, 2011
Have you not seen the ponds at that new place? That land doesn't perk. I am sure they have big problems over there and when they get the lawsuits for backing up the water on their neighbors they probably won't open.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#6 Jan 13, 2011
i cant wait for the new store to open, i also am not a fan of l&w
beer hog

Sparta, TN

#7 Jan 13, 2011
thank you wrote:
It is clear you have definitely never owned any type of a business. The prices of these mini marts up here are based on what they pay. Of course a chain with the buying power of thousands of items gets a better price. The mini marts up here aren't Dollar Generals they are little locally owned businesses trying to make a living. They are your neighbors, lifelong residents not a corporation. When you walk in you don't have signs plastered in your face in english and in spanish. They care more about you as a customer than being politically correct and is it politically correct to have signs in English and Spanish here in the US? Something to think about while you are shopping. L & W is doing just fine and will continue to do so. Bon Air MArket is doing just fine and will continue to do so. These stores don't do the same thing as DG. They make pizzas, have delis, sell cigarettes and tobacco and they sell gas. They are quick in and outs. Dollar General is not for the same type of business. Look in Sparta, there are at least 5 of these type of stores, Dollar Generals, Family dollars etc and there are several grocery stores and there are several mini marts. The businesses up here on the mtn will all do just fine. Thank you for your concern though.
You're right! Good Post.
Beer, gas, cigs, & pizza are the mainest things, as far as I'm concerned.
BonDeCroft

Mcminnville, TN

#8 Jan 13, 2011
beer hog wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right! Good Post.
Beer, gas, cigs, & pizza are the mainest things, as far as I'm concerned.
Mainest? Really? LOL!!!!
BonDeCroft

Mcminnville, TN

#9 Jan 13, 2011
Let's look at this:

Beer:
Mike - Yes
DeRossett Mkt - Yes
DG - No
L&W - No

Gas:
Mike - Yes
DeRossett Mkt -?
DG - No
L&W - Yes

Cigs:
Mike - Yes
DeRossett Mkt - Yes
DG -?
L&W - Yes

Pizza:
Mike - Yes, but sucks
DeRossett Mkt -?
DG - Frozen only
L&W - Yes, but sucks

Anyone who buys gas and cigarettes up here on the mountain is brain dead. I know there are folks who like to buy $2 worth of gas at a time, but WTF? Go to town once a week and save some $$

Anyone who buys cigarettes up here on the mountain is also brain dead. No wonder you need food stamps.

Pizza? Mike's pizza is awful. Hunt Bros at L&W is one step above awful. The frozen pizza at DG is better than both. Not sure what is going on at DeRossett Mkt, but rumor is Godfather's pizza. If that is true, they will win, hands down.

Beer? Mike has the best price on beer. Even better than in town. L&W was too stupid to be able to sell beer. DG doesn't sell beer. DeRossett Mkt... we'll see what happens.

I predict that L&W will be out of business in 6 months.

And good riddance.
BonDeCroft

Mcminnville, TN

#10 Jan 13, 2011
Oh, yeah...

And if you want fresh pizza, try Kevin's. Better pizza than anything else around.
beer hog

Sparta, TN

#11 Jan 14, 2011
BonDeCroft wrote:
<quoted text>
Mainest? Really? LOL!!!!
Urban dictionary "Mainest" - favorite person or favorite thing.
How's that?! Did I teach ya something?
next door

Lexington, TN

#12 Jan 14, 2011
BonDeCroft wrote:
Let's look at this:
Beer:
Mike - Yes
DeRossett Mkt - Yes
DG - No
L&W - No
Gas:
Mike - Yes
DeRossett Mkt -?
DG - No
L&W - Yes
Cigs:
Mike - Yes
DeRossett Mkt - Yes
DG -?
L&W - Yes
Pizza:
Mike - Yes, but sucks
DeRossett Mkt -?
DG - Frozen only
L&W - Yes, but sucks
Anyone who buys gas and cigarettes up here on the mountain is brain dead. I know there are folks who like to buy $2 worth of gas at a time, but WTF? Go to town once a week and save some $$
Anyone who buys cigarettes up here on the mountain is also brain dead. No wonder you need food stamps.
Pizza? Mike's pizza is awful. Hunt Bros at L&W is one step above awful. The frozen pizza at DG is better than both. Not sure what is going on at DeRossett Mkt, but rumor is Godfather's pizza. If that is true, they will win, hands down.
Beer? Mike has the best price on beer. Even better than in town. L&W was too stupid to be able to sell beer. DG doesn't sell beer. DeRossett Mkt... we'll see what happens.
I predict that L&W will be out of business in 6 months.
And good riddance.
Where can you buy cig. any cheaper than Mike's. You must not smoke or you would know this.
BonDeCroft

Mcminnville, TN

#13 Jan 14, 2011
You're right on both counts. Mike does have good prices on cigarettes. Also, I don't smoke. When I get to the point where I want to set my money on fire each day, I'll start smoking.
what

Crossville, TN

#14 Jan 14, 2011
what is his prices on marlboros
why

United States

#15 Jan 14, 2011
They are under 5.00 that's one good thing about mikes
i paid

Columbia, SC

#16 Jan 14, 2011
what wrote:
what is his prices on marlboros
$4.53 after tax I think I paid $4.95
XYZ

Easley, SC

#17 Jan 16, 2011
I went to new dollar store yesterday. I really like it, its gonna be really handy.
Peanuts

Mcminnville, TN

#18 Jan 16, 2011
Yes, it is handy. I see that the local thieves have found it also. Shoplifters at work there Friday. Damn shame.
mom works at Baxter

Columbia, SC

#19 Jan 17, 2011
Milk at dg will stay at the intro price for two weeks not one. It goes sky high after that. $4.85 for Mayfield and $4.44 for Fieldcrest.
jackal

Pauline, SC

#20 Jan 17, 2011
i paid wrote:
<quoted text>$4.53 after tax I think I paid $4.95
I DONT THINK THERE SHOULD BE ANY TAX ON THEM I THINK THE TAX IS ALL READY ADDED IN THE $4.53, LIKE IT IS IN THE GAS PRICES.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sparta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to the Mexican restaurant on the ... 1 hr Cookeville is better 17
Guy at walmart 1 hr black magik 8
Libs are sure quiet tonoght 2 hr Mel 88
Brooklynne now Omaet salon....higher prices 3 hr jaykaren 4
Tracy Kirby (Jul '11) 16 hr Stupid 39
Review: World Finance Corporation (Dec '15) 18 hr WTF 18
Jessica miller and Abigail Sherell Thu Michael P 5

Sparta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance