Rebel flag on Tax payers property

Rebel flag on Tax payers property

Posted in the Sparta Forum

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Hello Sparta

Columbia, TN

#1 Feb 7, 2013
Why is there a racist symbol flying on Sparta property? The flag is not attached to the store owners building but on a public sidewalk. Why has the city of Sparta not removed this flag already? What is this loser of a business owner thinking by putting up a symbol of racism in the middle of town during black history month. I'm sick and tire of these lowlifes defending such a hateful symbol. Why not fly the Nazi flag as well, I mean it's for tradition right. To hell with all involved.
golden mountain

Mooresville, NC

#2 Feb 7, 2013
To hell with you it's not racism is southern pride
yepyep

Pleasant Hill, TN

#3 Feb 7, 2013
golden mountain wrote:
To hell with you it's not racism is southern pride
yep yep that is right
whatnow

Carlisle, SC

#4 Feb 7, 2013
all taxpayers dont object!

“I'm The Cult Of Personality”

Since: Jun 09

The Ville

#5 Feb 7, 2013
golden mountain wrote:
To hell with you it's not racism is southern pride
Southern pride... what is to be proud of? Forcing humans to be slaves and treating them like animals? Leaving the United States of America because you didn't get your way? The Confederate flag is one of an ENEMY state of the U.S. and anyone that flies it is traitor to the U.S. by definition.
Rednecks suck

Lawrenceburg, TN

#6 Feb 7, 2013
Yeah is he repairing computers or running the new "brotherhood of the confederates" headquarters?
It has NOTHING to do with computers!
learnyahistory

Quebeck, TN

#7 Feb 7, 2013
I agree 100%. I wear a confederate hat everywhere I go in honor of my ancestors and the fallen soldiers who died for the real cause that they dont teach in class
shocked and ashamed

Columbia, TN

#8 Feb 7, 2013
I hope someone burns the flag asap! Why stop their, show that southern pride, put a few noose beside it, with kkk sheets in the window. If you're going to spread hate, why not just go all out. Only business he's going to get is the toothless rednecks in this town. regardless it has no business being displayed on public property.
who owns the building

Columbia, TN

#9 Feb 7, 2013
Does Lester West and or Diane Wanda still own the building? I wonder if they know the tenant is doing this? Or do they run it?
embarrassed

Cookeville, TN

#10 Feb 7, 2013
shocked and ashamed wrote:
I hope someone burns the flag asap! Why stop their, show that southern pride, put a few noose beside it, with kkk sheets in the window. If you're going to spread hate, why not just go all out. Only business he's going to get is the toothless rednecks in this town. regardless it has no business being displayed on public property.
I agree! I'm embarrassed that this flag is on our city sidewalks in the middle of town across from Hardee's! what kind of business owner would want to run off business? because I'll make sure no one I know will very be caught dead in that store! Why is the city letting this happen!? I'll be making a call to city hall tomorrow morning myself. I hope more people will do the same. The only thing that flag shows is people stuck in the past!

“I'm The Cult Of Personality”

Since: Jun 09

The Ville

#11 Feb 7, 2013
learnyahistory wrote:
I agree 100%. I wear a confederate hat everywhere I go in honor of my ancestors and the fallen soldiers who died for the real cause that they dont teach in class
And what cause is that exactly? I love hearing rednecks defend the south and the civil war...
notracist

Pleasant Hill, TN

#12 Feb 7, 2013
embarrassed wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! I'm embarrassed that this flag is on our city sidewalks in the middle of town across from Hardee's! what kind of business owner would want to run off business? because I'll make sure no one I know will very be caught dead in that store! Why is the city letting this happen!? I'll be making a call to city hall tomorrow morning myself. I hope more people will do the same. The only thing that flag shows is people stuck in the past!
I love the rebel flag. Just means i'm southern. Not a racist bone in my body.
moron

Pleasant Hill, TN

#13 Feb 7, 2013
Hello Sparta wrote:
Why is there a racist symbol flying on Sparta property? The flag is not attached to the store owners building but on a public sidewalk. Why has the city of Sparta not removed this flag already? What is this loser of a business owner thinking by putting up a symbol of racism in the middle of town during black history month. I'm sick and tire of these lowlifes defending such a hateful symbol. Why not fly the Nazi flag as well, I mean it's for tradition right. To hell with all involved.
That flag has ZERO to do with racism. Good grief people. The things Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton put in peoples heads.
wavy gravy

Sparta, TN

#14 Feb 7, 2013
I believe I'll go buy something from this fellow tomorrow. Not that I need anything but if he has enough brass to fly the stars and bars in this day and time he has my support. Leave the man alone, if you dont like what he stands for don't support his business.
lmao

Columbia, TN

#15 Feb 7, 2013
go ahead wavy, you're a well know racist anyways.
TTH

Cookeville, TN

#16 Feb 7, 2013
wavy gravy wrote:
I believe I'll go buy something from this fellow tomorrow. Not that I need anything but if he has enough brass to fly the stars and bars in this day and time he has my support. Leave the man alone, if you dont like what he stands for don't support his business.
Don't know if I would call it "brass" or just showing his "a$$." People really need to lighten up over this. Just remember this fellow is simply hanging an "I'm stupid and I'm gonna prove it" label out in front of his store for all to see." Hey I guess for some "Verified Stupid" is a label to be proud of.
capone

Columbia, SC

#18 Feb 8, 2013
you people are pitful there are more racist black people now a days than whites. the flag doesnt mean nothing no more.
no way

Columbia, TN

#19 Feb 8, 2013
it must go! if the bigot wants it displayed in his window or inside that is fine, but not on public property. the fact that nothing has been done so far shows what kind of elected officials is running sparta.

“Vote for Hillary Clinton”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#20 Feb 8, 2013
freedom of speech.we all have it.the black people are a little sensitive about it.now if a black person hung an i hate white people flag up that would be fine and nothing would be said though.everyone wants to beat the white man down especially if he works and pays taxes.
no way

Columbia, TN

#21 Feb 8, 2013
Im white. That is the typical pathetic attempt to excuse your racism. Thank God people like you are dieing out and growing smaller in numbers. No wonder the south is poorest most uneducated region of the country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sparta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeff Gentry 57 min MoneyChangesEvery... 78
Mike Mahan 3 hr Veronica 8
Lindel Frank 3 hr Veronica 1
Brandy Cantrell (Dec '10) 4 hr Veronica 36
Found hair in my Hardee's fries and shake! 4 hr josie wails 5
Decent Apartment/Duplex 8 hr Jeff Steerman 1
Who is Brooklyn Paige Gribble? 10 hr Red neck country ... 2
County Dog Catcher (Oct '10) 14 hr In your face 99

Sparta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sparta Mortgages