Has anyone opinion of the Sparta Litt...

Has anyone opinion of the Sparta Little Leauge Chnaged

Posted in the Sparta Forum

First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Since: Jun 09

Mcminnville, TN

#1 Jun 10, 2009
Since we are at the end of the baseball season has anyones opinion of the Umps,scorekeepers or the administration changed for the better or worse since the start of the season. Is it time for a change in every aspect of the programs even including a venue change
FAN OF THE GAME

Columbia, SC

#2 Jun 10, 2009
ballfan01 wrote:
Since we are at the end of the baseball season has anyones opinion of the Umps,scorekeepers or the administration changed for the better or worse since the start of the season. Is it time for a change in every aspect of the programs even including a venue change
I would like to see the little league moved to the Smithville Fields. The parking would ten times better. I am also upset that we do not follow the OFFICIAL little league rule book. I think Selby is doing ok, but I would like to see the Dan and Dora retire from the association all together. That is just MY OPINION!

Mcminnville, TN

#3 Jun 10, 2009
I agree the parking is horrible and it would rememdy all that at the New fields, another thing I think they need to look at is a whole new group of Umpires for next year, the ones we have this year either need to go to umpire school and learn to use the voice they have got to call a foul ball out so that everyone can hear them and then there is no confussion, I have had this bite me too many times this year
really

Sparta, TN

#4 Jun 10, 2009
i have seen many games on the bigger boys field,pennion and brown are real good from what ive seen and i have been to other counties sparta is lucky pennion was a good player and knows hoe to deal with people real well justin brown seems to also.

Mcminnville, TN

#5 Jun 10, 2009
really wrote:
i have seen many games on the bigger boys field,pennion and brown are real good from what ive seen and i have been to other counties sparta is lucky pennion was a good player and knows hoe to deal with people real well justin brown seems to also.
I think Pinion has done an OK job Brown maybe Guth would rather be punched in the face than have him ump my game JUST MY OPINION!!!

2 Questions for you

1. Why did they fire Josh Lowery? I thought he was doin g a good job

2. Who do you think is the best and worst coaches in any of the leauges from Tee ball all the way through.

This should get interesting with all the different coaches out there, I am looking forward to hearing what everybody thinks!
really

Sparta, TN

#6 Jun 10, 2009
From what ive seen 9-10 king is good and 11-12 mitchell just watch those teams take infield its easy to figure out they are structured really well!!
FAN OF THE GAME

Columbia, SC

#7 Jun 10, 2009
bigpapa08 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Pinion has done an OK job Brown maybe Guth would rather be punched in the face than have him ump my game JUST MY OPINION!!!
2 Questions for you
1. Why did they fire Josh Lowery? I thought he was doin g a good job
2. Who do you think is the best and worst coaches in any of the leauges from Tee ball all the way through.
This should get interesting with all the different coaches out there, I am looking forward to hearing what everybody thinks!
I am with you all the way on this one.

I think they told Josh Lowery that he was let go because he wasnt there for children. BS!!!!
He was the best ump we had, he feed the pitching right everytime and he would help a kid out in the batting box.

I think he was fired because he made a call that Dan Cummins didnt like against his girls team.

And coaches I will have to think on that one
lucy

Columbia, SC

#8 Jun 10, 2009
The parking sucks and is dangerous!!!!

And bring back Josh, I think it was a load of bull to get rid of him. Politics as usual.
Its Time

Columbia, SC

#9 Jun 10, 2009
I am sorry to say this, but it is time for Dan and Dora to step down. They did a good job in the beginning but everything must come to an end. I know that Alan is the president but they need to leave the league all together and let someone younger with a more open mind and outlook take over.
Fed up

Columbia, SC

#10 Jun 10, 2009
lucy wrote:
The parking sucks and is dangerous!!!!
And bring back Josh, I think it was a load of bull to get rid of him. Politics as usual.
I will agree the parking does suck. And I also agree BRING JOSH BACK.

We need to start a petition. No would sign it they would be afraid their kid would get blackballed.

Mcminnville, TN

#11 Jun 10, 2009
It is funny how everything always comes back to Dan & Dora? And yes I agree they HAVE done a good job BUT it is time to move on.
In my opinon in 11-12 Mitchell does a good job and is very structured and knows the game of baseball but he could ease up on his kid some I think he is a little to hard on him, In 9-10 the entire PMI coaching staff has done a good job, in the Pitching machine machine boys I would say that Will Girdley from Rotary and Bob Young From Red turners has the most knowledge of the game and both have done a good job
Now for the ones I would like to see move on 9-10 boys it would have to be Sparks (also in Pitching machine), Just don't care for his attitude and also in PM boys the Roberson woman needs to find a seat in the bleachers and quit strutting around like she wants everyone to see her, the Odell man could have a seat and quit yelling.
Fed up

Columbia, SC

#12 Jun 10, 2009
bigpapa08 wrote:
It is funny how everything always comes back to Dan & Dora? And yes I agree they HAVE done a good job BUT it is time to move on.
In my opinon in 11-12 Mitchell does a good job and is very structured and knows the game of baseball but he could ease up on his kid some I think he is a little to hard on him, In 9-10 the entire PMI coaching staff has done a good job, in the Pitching machine machine boys I would say that Will Girdley from Rotary and Bob Young From Red turners has the most knowledge of the game and both have done a good job
Now for the ones I would like to see move on 9-10 boys it would have to be Sparks (also in Pitching machine), Just don't care for his attitude and also in PM boys the Roberson woman needs to find a seat in the bleachers and quit strutting around like she wants everyone to see her, the Odell man could have a seat and quit yelling.
Oh my word bigpapa you must be my split apart. LOL. I completely agree with you. I also think that Ben Clark does a good job.
Are you involved in the league?

Mcminnville, TN

#13 Jun 10, 2009
Fed up wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my word bigpapa you must be my split apart. LOL. I completely agree with you. I also think that Ben Clark does a good job.
Are you involved in the league?
No, I have a child that plays, I am a fan of the game no matter what age and i watch alot of the games on all the fields when my child is not playing and I do tend to pay attention to all the coaches in the leauges and keep mental notes so that I know what to expect when my child goes into the draft to be chosen for teams.

I tell you who else does a pretty good job in the PM boys leauge is Jason Hillis from Bourrf's and Jason Mcdonald from Red Turners and Jamie Severt from Jeffs Body shop. I watched alot of these games this year so I know more about those coaches,
Fed up

Columbia, SC

#14 Jun 10, 2009
bigpapa08 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I have a child that plays, I am a fan of the game no matter what age and i watch alot of the games on all the fields when my child is not playing and I do tend to pay attention to all the coaches in the leauges and keep mental notes so that I know what to expect when my child goes into the draft to be chosen for teams.
I tell you who else does a pretty good job in the PM boys leauge is Jason Hillis from Bourrf's and Jason Mcdonald from Red Turners and Jamie Severt from Jeffs Body shop. I watched alot of these games this year so I know more about those coaches,
My kid plays pitching machine and I do wish he would have got drafted by Rotary. They do a good job with the kids and fundamentals of baseball.

Mcminnville, TN

#15 Jun 10, 2009
Fed up wrote:
<quoted text>
My kid plays pitching machine and I do wish he would have got drafted by Rotary. They do a good job with the kids and fundamentals of baseball.
The Rotary coaches do a great job, but if you look at there team and look at last years team they are identical except for one kid that was picked before they could get to him, so you could kinda say they are a little bit stacked, still they are a very good ball team and well coached. All in all the PM leauge is pretty well balanced except for Rotary and Bourff and they are kinda slumping right now from what I have seen. All the games as of late have been pretty close and that makes for some good excititng games to watch.

Mcminnville, TN

#16 Jun 11, 2009
ballfan01 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Rotary coaches do a great job, but if you look at there team and look at last years team they are identical except for one kid that was picked before they could get to him, so you could kinda say they are a little bit stacked, still they are a very good ball team and well coached. All in all the PM leauge is pretty well balanced except for Rotary and Bourff and they are kinda slumping right now from what I have seen. All the games as of late have been pretty close and that makes for some good excititng games to watch.
I do hope there are a couple of upsets tonight in PM boys games! Rotary and Bourff have dominated all year and it time for the underdog to rise up and bring them down. I hate to see the same people winning all the time.

Mcminnville, TN

#17 Jun 11, 2009
Is there not any other coaches out there that you people think are doing a good or bad job ? I really thoght there would be more discussion on this ? By reading some of the other boards on this site most times people aren't afraid of sharing there opinions but when it come to our kids coaches we go all hush hush like Dan and Dora is watching over us and knows excattly who is writing these comments, Trust me they are not watching, your kids aren't going to get black balled.
Seen it too

Columbia, SC

#18 Jun 11, 2009
bigpapa08 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do hope there are a couple of upsets tonight in PM boys games! Rotary and Bourff have dominated all year and it time for the underdog to rise up and bring them down. I hate to see the same people winning all the time.
That's all well and good. I have a child that plays PM and not for either of the teams above but I would like to say something in defense of the Rotary team, most of the kids have been together since tball but its mostly the coaches kids and they went thru the same draft as the rest of the teams. I wish my child had got on the Rotary team his coach has done nothing all year but yell!! Actually two of his coaches.

I really like to see the coaches bend down on theirs knees to get on the childs level and talk to them instead of all the yelling and screaming.
Seen it too

Columbia, SC

#19 Jun 11, 2009
bigpapa08 wrote:
Is there not any other coaches out there that you people think are doing a good or bad job ? I really thoght there would be more discussion on this ? By reading some of the other boards on this site most times people aren't afraid of sharing there opinions but when it come to our kids coaches we go all hush hush like Dan and Dora is watching over us and knows excattly who is writing these comments, Trust me they are not watching, your kids aren't going to get black balled.
I would love to see a complete turn over in leadership!!
justa comment

Manchester, TN

#20 Jun 11, 2009
As for umpires, Justin Brown is really an elite talent. He is TSSAA approved and I have personally watched him ump many high school games and he RARELY misses anything. He carries himself with a quiet authority and he knows the rules front to back. Most little leagues rely on umpires who have game experience but they usually have no training credentials. Sparta little league is lucky to have Justin Brown. I hope he stays with it for years to come.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sparta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Al Klee Marines 9 min Spartacus 20
Krystals Refusing service. 20 min TTH 24
Marines training in Sparta? 1 hr Hooray Mr England 57
Al Klee Special Forces 1 hr Valley 12
The sign says Krystal's 2 hr Goober 5
Masters Lewis paving 3 hr Spoton 3
Burger king 10 hr nutzaplente 6

Sparta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance