Why can't a man and woman be just friends

Posted in the Sparta Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sleepless In Cookeville

Cookeville, TN

#1 Nov 20, 2012
Does anyone think it's possible for a man and woman TO BE JUST FRIENDS with out having sex? I consider myself a nice looking man and I have a very good lady friend who is also very nice looking. We've been friends for so long, and we are attracted to one another, but we both worry that if we have sex that will ruin the friendship that we have. Please no bashing, I just want someone's opinion on this subject. I'm not sure that a man and woman can be just friends, but alot of people say it is possible I just don't know anyone like that.
hi there

Sparta, TN

#2 Nov 21, 2012
it depends on the two you are referring to. Yes its possible but it isnt for everyone.

But that being said not every person can be friends at all. Some people dont know the true meaning of friend.

So imo the sex of people have nothing to do with it. Its the people themselves.

But if your significant other doesnt want it, it is always best to not be. If someone chooses a friend over family it really isnt a friendship you are wanting.
Noo

Sparta, TN

#3 Nov 21, 2012
No I do not belive they can.
geertt

Spencer, TN

#4 Nov 21, 2012
most people are not responable enough to handle being just friends.the man for sure.he just wants 1 thing and if he says he dont hes just gay
hell no think bout it

Cookeville, TN

#5 Nov 21, 2012
yeah you can til you meet a nice lookin lady or she meets a nice man an them you two will just drift apart so any kind of friendship you have will be just a temp thing i say go ahead an poke an if there is anything there make a go of it if not stop wastein your time!!!!!!!!!!
Yep

Spencer, TN

#6 Nov 21, 2012
I've had guy friends that I had friendships and physical relationships with and they lasted for decades. But as earlier mentioned, when they found their wives and I found my husband we drifted apart. It's sad to lose their friendship but our marriages mean more to us. That being said their friendship meant a great deal to me and got me through some really hard times. I say enjoy the friendship and any physical relationship you have doesn't have to ruin that. It's only when one party starts to have romantic feelings and the other does not that things get difficult.
toby

Cookeville, TN

#7 Nov 22, 2012
I had a female just friend for a few years and ask her if we could go to the next level numerous times and she always said no.Then I met the woman I wanted to marry then all of a sudden she was ready to give it up.It all got seriously messed up and I can't talk about it.
Missy

Franklin, KY

#8 Nov 22, 2012
Who cares...people are going to do what they want anyway regardless of who they hurt.

Since: Jul 12

Sparta, TN

#10 Nov 24, 2012
Because they may say they just friends but it is more than that. They will be carrying on like fools behind your back if you let them get by with it. Women who are willing to talk to married men always want more than friends. Men don't have the sense to tell them no.
oh yummy

Cookeville, TN

#11 Nov 24, 2012
if you'd be a little more free with that cooch your man wouldn't have left you.
yo

Spencer, TN

#12 Nov 24, 2012
Who's leaving who

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#13 Nov 25, 2012
oh yummy wrote:
if you'd be a little more free with that cooch your man wouldn't have left you.
She says she's smarter now so maybe she is giving it up more.Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
hmmm

Spencer, TN

#14 Nov 26, 2012
No. They can not
Yours Forever and a Day

Sparta, TN

#15 Nov 30, 2012
If the man is gay it can. If the woman is not attractive to the man it can. If the man is blind it can. If both the man and the woman are paralized it can. Otherwise you are pretending that you don't want to have sex and just prolonging your frustration. Men are wired for sight stimulation. If the man doesn't want to have sex with you and he is normal, it's because you are not attractive to him or you are a total Beach (to put it nicely) So, Yes a man and a woman can be friends without having sex, if the woman is his Grandmother,Mother, Aunt, Sister or Daughter, other he is in denial and needs to be best friends with the one who put that ring on his left ring finger. Oh and just ask your wife if she minds if you have a "Just Friends" friend and let me know how that works out for you. lol
letsseehere

Westmont, IL

#16 Nov 30, 2012
Yes they can. Its called self control. Just because somebody wants to do something doesnt mean they have to act on it. Think about it.. sex just doesnt "accidentally" happen. Ive never heard of anybody tripping and falling into a vagina. geeze..

Sparta, TN

#17 Jan 5, 2013
Stupid question then and stupid question now. Answer still is no.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#18 Jan 5, 2013
yes they can
easy

Manchester, TN

#19 Jan 5, 2013
they can't be friends because they eventually start screwing each other.

Sparta, TN

#20 Jan 5, 2013
easy wrote:
they can't be friends because they eventually start screwing each other.
or they just go back to screwing each other. I fell for the lie of being friends once but I hope others learn from my life and never allow their husband to have a female friend. It will always go back to sex for a man and woman. My husband isn't even what you would consider a catch but his old flame went after him like he was Brad Pit.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#21 Jan 5, 2013
yeah they can just be friends you do not know what you are talking about

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sparta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Little Caesars Pizza 25 min tom 34
Jan. 19. Robert E. Lee day 26 min tom 20
Edd Rogers Chevy and Ford...no selection at all (Aug '12) 35 min observer 19
Debbie west 56 min the truth 10
DJ Rector (Oct '11) 9 hr REO 22
curious 12 hr yup 3
Sparta Expositor (Oct '10) 18 hr boring 90
Sparta Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web