To: Old Path Baptist Church

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#141 Nov 12, 2010
Sign of Time wrote:
<quoted text>Laws can not save anyone, only a changed heart can, because a changed heart would keep you from breaking a law again. Jesus came to fulfill the law by introducing the love of God to all those who have faith in Him and they would recieve a changed heart by the Grace of God. Then you would be able to love God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength and there would be no need for laws. Trying to be rightous by trying to keep a law because it is a law is impossible; but out of pure undefiled love for God why do you need laws anyway? Without love you do works to gain approval, with love, because of compassion in your heart you do the works without motive. Works do not produce faith, faith produces the love, by the Grace of God, to do the same works Jesus did. You can keep all the commandments, but not have the Love of God in you; then you will have the love of something else in your heart like money. Start with the love of God, Christ in you, and you will be free from law. Jesus commands are Love God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength and love your neighbor as yourself, all the laws hang on these
Go tell that to your comrades.

Since: Jul 10

Carlisle, SC

#142 Nov 13, 2010
Sylveey2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go tell that to your comrades.
Go tell that you YOUR witches coven.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#143 Nov 14, 2010
TJohn wrote:
<quoted text>Go tell that you YOUR witches coven.
Go tell it to your COVEN devil --- LMAO!!!!

Dumbass.

Since: Jul 10

United States

#144 Nov 14, 2010
Sylveey2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go tell it to your COVEN devil --- LMAO!!!!
Dumbass.
I thought you are agnostic ?

Are you NOW saying you believe in religion or a devil ?

Yes or No ?

Really...it that easy.

Yes or No !
good grief

Monterey, TN

#145 Nov 15, 2010
FYI...many folks signed the petition because they believe that it's people's right to choose, not necessarily because they want to drink. By doing this, it took the argument out of the hands of the city council and put the decision on the people. This allowed the ppls voice to be heard and sent the message to the council of what they want, whichever way it turned out. This is the way it works. It's called FREEDOM of choice. God is in favor of freedom to choose. It's the individual's choice to take Jesus or not. There is a penalty for making a bad choice, He says we can choose life or death, and He highly recommends we choose Life.
It's always good not to judge because you may be making the wrong assumptions. That's why He said judge not lest you be judged. Unless you really know the heart, how can you judge it?
yepp wrote:
The list was open to the public anyways so why does that matter? I think he was just trying to get across at who was wanting it to pass. Big wigs who claim to be christians and love to drink and party. Drinking is a sin so get over it!
good grief

Monterey, TN

#146 Nov 15, 2010
And drinking is not a sin...He said to not be drunk...
Religion is gonna kill you with the rules. It's time to get into relationship and love the Lord Your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind and love your neighbor as yourself and quit worrying about who might have a drink.
huh

Columbia, TN

#148 May 14, 2012
hows the new law working for you? has the world ended?
well

Columbia, TN

#149 May 14, 2012
hell, nothing has opened yet. I expected bars by now but no one in this town has the balls or money to open one. If I had the money id have a nice sports bar already. but ive heard about bilmars from cookeville trying to lease a place near walmart to open up a sports bar but they've been hassled by the elected officials.
Well

Carlisle, SC

#150 May 15, 2012
Again, you won't see O'Charleys open up in Sparta....THERE IS NOT THE AMOUNT OF BUSINESS NEEDED!If you see ANYTHNING, it'll be some dump, with just enough money to meet the codes, paint the block and gravel the drive. Then, they too will be out of business soon.
well

Columbia, TN

#151 May 15, 2012
I said BARS, not big name restaurants. Common sense will tell you that.
changed to morman

Manchester, TN

#152 May 25, 2012
some said yankee town free will babpist is leaning to mormans
Well

Carlisle, SC

#153 May 26, 2012
well wrote:
I said BARS, not big name restaurants. Common sense will tell you that.
A bar for all tractical purposes is what I meant..."it'll be some dump, with just enough money to meet the codes, paint the block and gravel the drive"....a bar, a joint. Boy, can't wait for that piece of crap!

I only mentioned "big name restaurants" because THATS what the LBTD was predicated upon.
NEW DEAL COMING

Rock Island, TN

#154 Feb 16, 2013
Did the church close down or did they move to another building.
Well

Carlisle, SC

#155 Feb 17, 2013
good grief wrote:
FYI...many folks signed the petition because they believe that it's people's right to choose, not necessarily because they want to drink. By doing this, it took the argument out of the hands of the city council and put the decision on the people. This allowed the ppls voice to be heard and sent the message to the council of what they want, whichever way it turned out. This is the way it works. It's called FREEDOM of choice. God is in favor of freedom to choose. It's the individual's choice to take Jesus or not. There is a penalty for making a bad choice, He says we can choose life or death, and He highly recommends we choose Life.
It's always good not to judge because you may be making the wrong assumptions. That's why He said judge not lest you be judged. Unless you really know the heart, how can you judge it?
<quoted text>
"Judge not according to the appearance, but JUDGE RIGHTOUS JUDGMENT" John 7:24

"For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be JUDGED BY THE LAW" Romans 2:12
These crazy cults

Crossville, TN

#156 Feb 17, 2013
Crazy white folks. Beating their bibles and judging all those n which do not attend their church. These people fr white county are as backwards as they come. You can't make this up. Next these people will be protesting at the funerals of dead solders. Like the idiots in that Missouri church. Crazy breeds crazy. Cult churches are the inner works of the devil.
Notice

Rock Island, TN

#157 Feb 17, 2013
The churches your talking about is the ones started by a few people that didn't get their way or looking at the mighty dollar. When a church has had it's doors open for years where would you think the problem is. Just notice the fly by night churches they will have a unheard of name open to all type religions . Is this wrong i don't know but im not sure what they stand for or what they believe. You would think as many churches as there is a person could find one to fit the bill . But they can't so they start their own church so they can do things their way. Are they right or is every other church wrong . You go to church for yourself and to worship god not for the person in the next row or to worry about who's getting what . Are you there for the right reason if you have these problems no. So what happens another one is opened for awhile to suit their needs whatever that might be.
who cares about that

Manchester, TN

#160 Feb 22, 2013
All this is going to do is start talk about a good man who doesn't even deserve to be on here. Please stop the talk now.
people should care

Wartburg, TN

#162 Feb 22, 2013
Hey who cares about that, the people that has had dealings with that bunch care. So that means we don't want others to be fooled and let down. So just know a lot of good people care about that. And by the way your name speaks loud and clear thats what they would say. WHO CARES ABOUT THAT
Ross

United States

#163 Feb 24, 2013
TJohn wrote:
Not sure what the whole deal is but if the person or church puts it in the paper then it wasn`t done secretly. I will be glad wheb this vote is over. If it doesn`t pass I hope this is the last time it comes up for a vote.
Church
Tell Me No

Wartburg, TN

#164 Feb 25, 2013
Listen to this they are calling people that are happy with where their going to church asking them to come to their church. SHOW ME THE MONEY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sparta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shooting on 111 1 hr Bong 58
white trailer trash 2 hr Helloubytches 4
BASF hiring (Mar '10) 6 hr WTF 62
Taco Metals 7 hr WTF 7
nutzaplente 7 hr Jeff Foxworthy 7
New to sparta looking for preschool 7 hr Lalala 9
Judge Benningfield 8 hr Need To Do 34

Sparta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance