To: Old Path Baptist Church

Posted in the Sparta Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Question

Cameron, SC

#1 Oct 27, 2010
Read your ridicules ad in the paper There are so many holes in your arguments I am not going into them but I do want to comment on the last line of the ad that you have a list of those of us who signed the petition. Let me tell you If you think you are threatening me by having this list (which I am not certain you should even legally have.) I am not scared. If this time the ordinance fails there will be another petition and another and another until it passes. So you can keep my name up there.
How christian is it of you to claim to have this list and think you are holding something over peoples head? Psalm 101:(5)[Whoever] secretly slanders his neighbor, I will cut him off; I will not endure him who has high eyes and a proud heart.

Since: Jul 10

United States

#2 Oct 27, 2010
Not sure what the whole deal is but if the person or church puts it in the paper then it wasn`t done secretly. I will be glad wheb this vote is over. If it doesn`t pass I hope this is the last time it comes up for a vote.
me too

Cookeville, TN

#3 Oct 27, 2010
TJohn wrote:
Not sure what the whole deal is but if the person or church puts it in the paper then it wasn`t done secretly. I will be glad wheb this vote is over. If it doesn`t pass I hope this is the last time it comes up for a vote.
AGREED!!!

Since: Oct 10

United States

#4 Oct 27, 2010
Real douchebag move by the church and its pastor.

United States

#5 Oct 27, 2010
Concerned neighbor 74 wrote:
Real douchebag move by the church and its pastor.
I didn`t see the paper. What does the church say?
Question

Cameron, SC

#6 Oct 27, 2010
TJohn wrote:
Keep your fingers crossed and it will pass then you will never be bothered by it again.
Wow

Easley, SC

#7 Oct 27, 2010
I didn't see that. Did Nick Holman do that?

United States

#8 Oct 27, 2010
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep your fingers crossed and it will pass then you will never be bothered by it again.
I`ll do more then cross my fingers.
haha

Columbia, SC

#9 Oct 28, 2010
Wow wrote:
I didn't see that. Did Nick Holman do that?
Yea, Nick Holman, saw him at a restaurant in Cookeville that sells alcoholic drinks and he and his family shop aT Walmart and Walgreen's where they sell beer. He's a hypocrite. His convictions stand only until he has a need and then he finds his personal justification for his going to these places.
old man

Morrison, TN

#10 Oct 28, 2010
This may get more yes votes than anything that has been done.People don't like to be threatened with hell because they have a beer with their meal.I know a lot of people who have a drink but never get drunk.
SCREW that a church

Columbia, TN

#11 Oct 28, 2010
You want to know why people turn their backs on the church.. Old Path Baptist "chuch" is why. I would be ashamed if I was a member at that church.

United States

#12 Oct 28, 2010
haha wrote:
<quoted text>Yea, Nick Holman, saw him at a restaurant in Cookeville that sells alcoholic drinks and he and his family shop aT Walmart and Walgreen's where they sell beer. He's a hypocrite. His convictions stand only until he has a need and then he finds his personal justification for his going to these places.
Then that makes you a " hypocrite " also. You shop at wal-mart and they sell Bibles.
NEXT !

United States

#13 Oct 28, 2010
SCREW that a church wrote:
You want to know why people turn their backs on the church.. Old Path Baptist "chuch" is why. I would be ashamed if I was a member at that church.
Please, don`t think we believe you don`t go to church because some church placed an ad in the paper in the last few weeks. You don`t go to church because you hate God and his Word.
Neighbor

Mcminnville, TN

#14 Oct 28, 2010
TJohn wrote:
<quoted text>Then that makes you a " hypocrite " also. You shop at wal-mart and they sell Bibles.
NEXT !
There's a bit of a difference here... at least he isn't trying to pass a law banning Bible sales.

I wouldn't expect you to see the difference though.

Personally I think the church folks should do what they want to do, and leave me alone to do what I want to do. If I don't like what you do I won't do it, and if I do something you don't like, then don't you do it.

Roy, WA

#15 Oct 28, 2010
Neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a bit of a difference here... at least he isn't trying to pass a law banning Bible sales.
I wouldn't expect you to see the difference though.
Personally I think the church folks should do what they want to do, and leave me alone to do what I want to do. If I don't like what you do I won't do it, and if I do something you don't like, then don't you do it.
Yes, I see the difference. I think you don`t see the indifference. Tax paying people in any county have a right to decide what goes on in their county regardless of religion or lack of.

I don`t believe your rights depend on your religious beliefs but some people do. I don`t know if you are the same person who post under the name " neighbor " but if you are I think it does matter.
Neighbor

Mcminnville, TN

#16 Oct 28, 2010
TJohn wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I see the difference. I think you don`t see the indifference. Tax paying people in any county have a right to decide what goes on in their county regardless of religion or lack of.
I don`t believe your rights depend on your religious beliefs but some people do. I don`t know if you are the same person who post under the name " neighbor " but if you are I think it does matter.
I just don't think my rights should be determined by someone else's religious beliefs either, which is exactly what the church folks are doing.

They say they don't beieve in drinking, so they want to stop everyone from drinking.

I have desire to tell them what they should do or not do. Why won't they extend me the same courtesy?

Pretty narrow-minded.
Neighbor

Mcminnville, TN

#17 Oct 28, 2010
Make that, I have NO desire to tell them what they should do or not do.
well

Columbia, TN

#18 Oct 28, 2010
I have attended Old Path Baptist church for 2 years now. Now I am looking for another church. I know many will attack me and make up lies but YOU do not attend this church. I have never had a drink of beer or whatever in my life. And don't want to be around it.. but I don't judge ones that do. God tells me to not judge people. But in these past couple of months I just can't stand what they're preaching. Trying to indoctrinate us to judge others. I'm disgusted with what this, "law" has done to our church and im sure others out their may feel the same. I go to church to fill my spiritual cup and keep in overflowing with love and to be taught from biblical teaching. Call me a do gooder if you want but church is suppose to be above political junk. Church is suppose to bring us together and teach us to spread the gospel. But when a "preacher" is turning against truth like Old path baptist church is doing.. wasting time with spreading hate instead of love. I think it's time to leave a church that has lost it's biblical preaching. It's truly a sad day. And I know for a fact that some of my brothers and sisters that sit in the pews with me are looking elsewhere as well.
hmmmmm

Columbia, SC

#19 Oct 28, 2010
well wrote:
I have attended Old Path Baptist church for 2 years now. Now I am looking for another church. I know many will attack me and make up lies but YOU do not attend this church. I have never had a drink of beer or whatever in my life. And don't want to be around it.. but I don't judge ones that do. God tells me to not judge people. But in these past couple of months I just can't stand what they're preaching. Trying to indoctrinate us to judge others. I'm disgusted with what this, "law" has done to our church and im sure others out their may feel the same. I go to church to fill my spiritual cup and keep in overflowing with love and to be taught from biblical teaching. Call me a do gooder if you want but church is suppose to be above political junk. Church is suppose to bring us together and teach us to spread the gospel. But when a "preacher" is turning against truth like Old path baptist church is doing.. wasting time with spreading hate instead of love. I think it's time to leave a church that has lost it's biblical preaching. It's truly a sad day. And I know for a fact that some of my brothers and sisters that sit in the pews with me are looking elsewhere as well.
Yeah I know for a fact the preacher's daddy won't pay his bills and thinks he can do whatever to whomever and thinks hes still saved. Once saved is not always saved and thats what is preached by him. You CAN fall from grace...just so you know!

Roy, WA

#20 Oct 28, 2010
Neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
I just don't think my rights should be determined by someone else's religious beliefs either, which is exactly what the church folks are doing.
They say they don't beieve in drinking, so they want to stop everyone from drinking.
I have desire to tell them what they should do or not do. Why won't they extend me the same courtesy?
Pretty narrow-minded.
You are wrong. They don`t want to stop YOU from drinking. They are voting to stop liquor sales in White co. You already can drink in White co. Do you not already get drunk in White co ? YES.
Can you buy beer in White co ? YES
Can you drink Jack in White co ? YES

The issue is not can you drink in White co.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sparta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Solid Waste Resolution White County 13 min Concerned 11
Judge Benningfield 3 hr Gandumb 31
Who knows Farron Miller or the girl he's with h... (May '16) 4 hr Waitingincookeville 35
Prego pill heads 4 hr Waitingincookeville 5
Repeal and Replace 5 hr gordo 6
Advance Financial - Gentry's New Business? 7 hr Sparta 1
Upper Cumberland News 10 hr Sparta 2

Sparta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sparta Mortgages