Mcminnville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

Judged:

What happened to the service at 2nd Act Deli. I don't know what this guy is trying to do but it was much better with the last owners. What ever happened to them. Wasn't their daugther sick or something. I ate there several times lateley and it is just not as good as it use to be.
missing joey-shelly

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

Judged:

I miss Joey & Shelly. The food was much better when they owned it. This new guy is to young to run a business. His mom hurts his business. I sure do miss the Ribs on Sat nite also. The new way they make them covered in brown sugar and yuk sauce is just nasty. JOEY & SHELLY PLEASE COME BACK!! I want a good Philly & Ribs
agree

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

Judged:

i agree their service stinks and i dont like the new guy. thinks he too good and better than everybody. the food is not as good as when Joey had it.
hey

Mcminnville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

Judged:

dont dis bobby. he's a quality guy
I like it

Rock Island, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

Judged:

I think 2nd act is a lot better, and the new guy is awesome.
Dislike

Mcminnville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

Judged:

I think the new guy does have quality. Unfortunatly its all the wrong qualitys of being a business owner in a small town. I belive he acts like he thinks he is better than everyone else. I ate there the other day and the quality has gone down hill since he took over. He should have never have his mother in there working with him. She is a total "B" and is running off alot os customers. I know i won't go in there when i know she is there. The sad thing is i keep giving him a second chance thinking that maybe the cook that day was not that great. So i go back again and again hopeing to finally get the same great sandwich or plate lunch i usto get when the other guy was there. He should have stuck with the old BBQ recipie also as his really stinks. As far as the other guys someone told me they got a divorce and their child died of cancer of something but then again thats just what i have heard. If the old owners are still around i think they should open another restaurant here and put him out. I know i would eat there. The other guys customer service was great he always went out of his way to do whatever it took to make the customer happy. I also know that he donated alot back to the community. Maybe not money wise but he donated alot of food to alot of different things, and was always willing to do what it took to help someone else.
u think

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

hey wrote:
dont dis bobby. he's a quality guy
You just know everyone don't you? Your on just about every forum on here. You sure do get around.
well you know

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

Judged:

u think wrote:
<quoted text> You just know everyone don't you? Your on just about every forum on here. You sure do get around.
the town isn't that big... you don't have to "get around" to know people here.
meg05

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

Judged:

Goodness! The guy who owns 2nd Act has never acted better than anyone else! I feel like people make judgement's about people based on their age and their families.I guess if he would have waited 10 more years when he would be 33 then everyone would like him and his food better! What is the deal with his mother? It sounds more like everyone is jelous that they don't have a mother to help them as much as she does! In my opinion all of the Price and Brock family are excellent people who are very generous and giving. Please hush with the bull!!
Question

Mcminnville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

So what did happen to the old owners?
your right

Morrison, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

Judged:

If you don't like the food and the people, don't go there. Very simple go somewhere else.
Unbelievable

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

Judged:

Dislike wrote:
I think the new guy does have quality. Unfortunatly its all the wrong qualitys of being a business owner in a small town. I belive he acts like he thinks he is better than everyone else. I ate there the other day and the quality has gone down hill since he took over. He should have never have his mother in there working with him. She is a total "B" and is running off alot os customers. I know i won't go in there when i know she is there. The sad thing is i keep giving him a second chance thinking that maybe the cook that day was not that great. So i go back again and again hopeing to finally get the same great sandwich or plate lunch i usto get when the other guy was there. He should have stuck with the old BBQ recipie also as his really stinks. As far as the other guys someone told me they got a divorce and their child died of cancer of something but then again thats just what i have heard. If the old owners are still around i think they should open another restaurant here and put him out. I know i would eat there. The other guys customer service was great he always went out of his way to do whatever it took to make the customer happy. I also know that he donated alot back to the community. Maybe not money wise but he donated alot of food to alot of different things, and was always willing to do what it took to help someone else.
Everyone should be much more careful about all of these wild suggestions.(i.e. flippantly suggesting that a family was destroyed and a child died of cancer). Are you serious? Why would you put something so outrageous and so untrue simply because you heard it? And to put it with such disregard as to whether it is actually true or not definetely suggests that you have no compassion for anyone or anything else as long as your sandwich tastes good. Shelly and Joey (my friends) are still married, were good owners of the Deli and, thank God, neither of their beautiful daughters has cancer, as you so callously suggested. Shame on you for repeating something so horrible. I am livid at your remarks. As for Bobby Price and his family, they are doing a great job with the business. I can only imagine how stressful it is to own a restaurant at such a young age with only naysayers as customers. I'm sure he is so upset that you are no longer going there. Maybe if you have a legitimate complaint, you should handle it in a professional manner and actually contact 2nd Act instead of showing your obvious ignorance and cowardice in an Internet post.
Dickson Here

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2009

Judged:

Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone should be much more careful about all of these wild suggestions.(i.e. flippantly suggesting that a family was destroyed and a child died of cancer). Are you serious? Why would you put something so outrageous and so untrue simply because you heard it? And to put it with such disregard as to whether it is actually true or not definetely suggests that you have no compassion for anyone or anything else as long as your sandwich tastes good. Shelly and Joey (my friends) are still married, were good owners of the Deli and, thank God, neither of their beautiful daughters has cancer, as you so callously suggested. Shame on you for repeating something so horrible. I am livid at your remarks. As for Bobby Price and his family, they are doing a great job with the business. I can only imagine how stressful it is to own a restaurant at such a young age with only naysayers as customers. I'm sure he is so upset that you are no longer going there. Maybe if you have a legitimate complaint, you should handle it in a professional manner and actually contact 2nd Act instead of showing your obvious ignorance and cowardice in an Internet post.
FANTASTIC RESPONSE!!!!! I think the Prices are doing a good job and by the amount of business I see...well wow..the place is packed every time I drive by. I do have to agree the ribs are not good.
disapointed in people

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2009

Judged:

some people have nothing better to do than talk
about others you need a job there are no better
people than the prices they will do anything for
you when you need it.They work so hard. Debbie
is one of the best people I know and to talk about
her that way angers me.The restaurant is just
fine,and full every night you are the one with the problem.
dan

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2009

I have to say, 2nd Act has been one of my favorites for years, however, the ribs and the bbq could use a little help. I went there the other day and paid $13.00 for 2 bbq sandwichs and a drink and it was just not that great, so I just wont get that anymore. Their other sandwiches are as good as they have always been and I will continue to go there and avoid the bbq.
Interesting comments

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2009

Judged:

Hey everyone This is Bobby Price. The Owner of Squealin' Bob's 2nd Act Deli. In life you will never be able to satisfy everyone all the time as is proved here. The posts are split in half on those that like my changes and those that dont. The changes I have made are for the betterment of my business because that is what I have here a business. Many people come thru and enjoy my food and I am thankful for that. I really cant say how much I appreciate the community as a whole for coming out to eat with me and supporting me. As for the comments toward my family this I do consider to be rude and offensive but you are entitled to your opinion. As for any complaints I will gladly hear them. Please feel free to contact me at the deli. Have a great day everyone.
kiki

Mcminnville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2009

Judged:

Interesting comments wrote:
Hey everyone This is Bobby Price. The Owner of Squealin' Bob's 2nd Act Deli. In life you will never be able to satisfy everyone all the time as is proved here. The posts are split in half on those that like my changes and those that dont. The changes I have made are for the betterment of my business because that is what I have here a business. Many people come thru and enjoy my food and I am thankful for that. I really cant say how much I appreciate the community as a whole for coming out to eat with me and supporting me. As for the comments toward my family this I do consider to be rude and offensive but you are entitled to your opinion. As for any complaints I will gladly hear them. Please feel free to contact me at the deli. Have a great day everyone.
welcome to topix Mr Price it's the place cowards come to bash people anonymously and get away with it .
your right

Morrison, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2009

Judged:

Way to go Bobby. We're with you.
I know

Monterey, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2009

Judged:

What happened wrote:
What happened to the service at 2nd Act Deli. I don't know what this guy is trying to do but it was much better with the last owners. What ever happened to them. Wasn't their daugther sick or something. I ate there several times lateley and it is just not as good as it use to be.
I know what happened. They got rid of of that one mananger...Tammy I think was her name. She done a great job and that is what was keeping them going. I know that I ate there after they got rid of her and it took forever to get me food and I have not went back since.
jupiter

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2009

Judged:

i think the food is excellent, and that he's doing a great job. And he must be doing something right because they seem to stay pretty busy. As far as the negative comments go, people are always going to find something to complain about. If you don't like it, don't go. simple solution.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of126
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Sparta Forum right now

Search the Sparta Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 35 min WTSenior 138,382
Ben Lomand Customer Service 1 hr Yep yep 17
Fred's 2 hr not true 28
White County. A corrupt understatement 3 hr REO 35
3 men charged in White County murder 4 hr Just wondering 64
Chris Gore was arrested today by the TBI for wr... 5 hr hmmm 3
Losing Sparta 9 hr TTH 18
•••
•••
•••
•••

Sparta Jobs

•••