Next Last
scanner

Manchester, TN

#1 Dec 26, 2012
what are the scanner frequencies for police fire and sheriffs
Comedy Relief

Cookeville, TN

#2 Dec 26, 2012
I know that the county has switched over to a digital system. I dunno what this will mean for the scanner jockies but maybe somebody will have better information.
radio tower man

Sparta, TN

#3 Dec 26, 2012
it means there will be alot of scanners for sale cookeville changed to can not pick them up on scanner now its scrambled now sorry
lol

Herndon, VA

#4 Dec 26, 2012
means nobody will be able to hear whats goin on anymore
scannerz

Sparta, TN

#5 Dec 26, 2012
it means you have to go digital and also something about some kinda ban. Radio shack does not sale them, Walmart doesn't even carry scanners anymore, radio shack said you had to buy the kind you need in Nashville now, cause they have blocked the band frequencies...sucks cause I am an avid scanner listener, I pray for people lots of times when I hear them n wrecks or sick....mine will only say a few words now, but mostly just roars when they are saying something

Since: Aug 11

Crossville, TN

#6 Dec 26, 2012
they all switch to the digital system and now the sheriff's department is on their own frequency no one can hear them broadcast anything. the only ones you can hear are the EMS and Firefighter announcements.
Neighbor

Sparta, TN

#7 Dec 26, 2012
OMG, whatever will all the busy bodies in Sparta do now?

LOL!!!
tired and oh well

Cookeville, TN

#8 Dec 26, 2012
I have to agree I was always listenig and praying for thoses that go out on calls. I also like to know what the heck is happening around my neighorhood cause its not the nicest place but a place. It's a shame they did this but I also understand but the druggies will get them and figure how to hear police here soon and then what? So honestly it was a spending there I have to say was a waste for the county.
grannyL

Cookeville, TN

#9 Dec 26, 2012
They will be selling the digital scanners....just not yet. This is what my daughter & son-in-law was going to get me for Christmas...after some research they found out they had to wait....dang it all.
SUE

Crossville, TN

#10 Dec 27, 2012
You don't need a scanner listen to it on line. Get it on your computer just make sure you put your city and state in.
RadioReference.com
SUE

Crossville, TN

#11 Dec 27, 2012
Listen to it on line & Here is the link,
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/
help

Cookeville, TN

#12 Dec 28, 2012
155.010 The scanner will find them for you if you let it scan then write down the numbers or lock them in .
calm down

Columbia, TN

#13 Dec 28, 2012
Ignore the lies on here, the scanners are not blocked, nor will they be. Radio Shack does indeed sale digital scanners, go buy one and all will be well. I don't shop at wal mart so I can't say if they have them or not. Also try electronic express, they may have the best prices on the digital ones BUT they're not cheap. expect to pay 300 to 400 at a store. or you may find one cheaper online. I paid 499 for mine at electronic express in cookeville but i got a really nice one
looser

Sparta, TN

#14 Dec 28, 2012
calm down wrote:
Ignore the lies on here, the scanners are not blocked, nor will they be. Radio Shack does indeed sale digital scanners, go buy one and all will be well. I don't shop at wal mart so I can't say if they have them or not. Also try electronic express, they may have the best prices on the digital ones BUT they're not cheap. expect to pay 300 to 400 at a store. or you may find one cheaper online. I paid 499 for mine at electronic express in cookeville but i got a really nice one
Even if you buy one you still want have the numbers to program into your radio. The sheriffs dept channel is locked and even the people that have digital scanners are not able to hear what they are doing.Sucks for scanner land!!
calm down

Columbia, TN

#15 Dec 28, 2012
Mine works just fine.
Jerry

United States

#16 Dec 28, 2012
Yea my old one quit working so I went to radioshack in Cookeville and they told me j needed a digital one. Wow are they expensive!!!! Diane really want to pay that much but I enjoy hearing one in the background. Always had one
SUE

Crossville, TN

#17 Dec 28, 2012
calm down wrote:
I called Radio Shack yesterday and they told me that they have blocked a lot from the old scanners. You can buy the digital ones and they cost over 400 dollars. They still talk on the old scanners, but not as much. You can listen to them from your computer, but the older type scanners will not pick up much anymore. It's not lies. Anyone can call them & they'll tell you that you need a digital one to pick up things.
calm down

Columbia, TN

#18 Dec 28, 2012
The lies are people spreading rumors that Oddie blocked people from listening to their scanner. I said that if you bought a digital one then you could listen to them, so what is your point? Anyone saying they're blocking scanners is lying and misleading people. They switched from analog to digital. THAT IS WHY YOUR OLD SCANNER DOESNT WORK!!
scannerz

Sparta, TN

#19 Dec 28, 2012
It is not lies and yours is not working fine. The only thing we can get now is ems and fire-band, no police action...and radio shack does not have them, I went there to get one and they said they are blocked and that we had to go to Nashville to get one, or check Google and see what others are doing. My daughter works for the SPD and she told me last Summer they were fixing to do this before this coming year, and they did! Sue, I tried the radio scanner thing you linked here and I put DeKalb and Sparta, but there was no frequencies for these two.I have family in DeKalb, so I listen to it too, I have Smithville and Sparta programmed, and Smithville has theirs blocked too
SUE

Crossville, TN

#20 Dec 28, 2012
calm down wrote:
The lies are people spreading rumors that Oddie blocked people from listening to their scanner. I said that if you bought a digital one then you could listen to them, so what is your point? Anyone saying they're blocking scanners is lying and misleading people. They switched from analog to digital. THAT IS WHY YOUR OLD SCANNER DOESNT WORK!!
My mistake. My apology.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sparta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sparta Chamber Meeting 9 min outside 11
Snitch in white county. 46 min Bubba 5
Wine and liquor sales on Sunday 2 hr Kandi M 3
Red ford mustang with a mermaid sticker 14 hr Piglet 4
closing a school then building a athletic complex 17 hr lol 5
ruby Vinson knollcrest (Nov '14) 17 hr nutzaplente 9
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Jan '10) 18 hr Alfalfa 2,643

Sparta Jobs

Personal Finance

Sparta Mortgages