Comments
41 - 60 of 73 Comments Last updated Feb 5, 2013
Brighterside

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Jan 14, 2013
 
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>funny shit! I'm not a red neck-not there there is anything wrong with it- and i don't own a gun. I'm just stating the fact that you are self righteous douche bag.
I'm not worried about them restricting sales to two boxes. It when they shut down sales of any ammo that I worry about.
listen

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Jan 14, 2013
 
Wal-Mart suspends new ammo orders:
http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/wal-mart-suspends-...
Gerald Taylor

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Jan 15, 2013
 
BIG g, osnap, wow, etc.. Do you people really type and/or talk like that? I am very pro-gun but you boys sound like elementary school kids. Can't tell if you are being serious or just making fun of educated, qualified gun owners.
nannyfailure

Bryn Mawr, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Jan 15, 2013
 
listen wrote:
Wal-Mart suspends new ammo orders:
http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/wal-mart-suspends-...
Makes you wonder how the left agenda people leveraged Walmart. It probably won't be good for workers or communities that have pending legal action and complaints against Walmart.

On a side note Walmart is an example of capitalist success. They have become too big too fail. But they also have become enough to contract for the federal government on a national scale.

What was the leverage?
wavy gravy

Spencer, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Jan 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

The leverage was Hillary Clinton. She is on the board of directors....
CallItAsISeeIt

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

fbook wrote:
<quoted text>
Bought every 223 shell? Red flag anyone? This person should be checked out.
Obviously you don't know much about firearms and the responsible people who own them....
When someone says that they purchased every box of .223 shell, what does that mean to you? How many did WalMart have on hand? How many shots are in a box?.....

You have ZERO information and yet you jump to the conclusion that this person who purchased every box WalMart had should be "checked out".... Give me a break with your ignorance...

Let me educate you....There may be 20-50 shots in a box, so when you're at the range practicing, you'll go through that easily in a day. If you shoot in competitions then you'll practice even moreso. Maybe they wanted to purchase in bulk because the cost of metals is going up and they'd prefer to save their self time and cost by purchasing all they could at that time.

There is nothing wrong with a person purchasing many boxes of ammunition. We cannot (meaning you also) decide for ourselves that a person who chooses to have a larger amount of ammunition is going to commit a crime.... That's ridiculous and not even logical!

If you feel that your unreasonable idea is at all appropriate then tell me, don't you think we should have you "checked out/watched" to ensure that you aren't going to begin prostituting when you choose to dress or behave like a skank?....... Right... I didn't think so...
Info

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

http://gunowners.org/fs0404.htm

The study may have been done a while back but the information is there. My favorite one "* CDC admits there is no evidence that gun control reduces crime. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has long been criticized for propagating questionable studies which gun control organizations have used in defense of their cause. But after analyzing 51 studies in 2003, the CDC concluded that the "evidence was insufficient to determine the effectiveness of any of these [firearms] laws."(9). Taking legal gun owners weapons doesnt deture crime. Most criminals don't use registered weapons so how is taking our rights away going to serve the greater good? And how am I supposed to defend my home and my family when the thug that broke in has a gun and I don't? Should I remind said criminal he needs to turn in his gun because it's illegal? I really don't see anything good coming from stopping us if our second amendment right.
CallItAsISeeIt

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

awesome wrote:
Not at all, I'm white, college educated, and male. Nobody needs guns that will fire multiple rounds.
Clearly you AREN'T educated because you don't know much about the topic you're attempting to pretend that you know here.

You say, "Nobody needs guns that will fire multiple rounds"... Ignorant statement...

The vast majority of firearms holds "multiple rounds" and will fire a round each time the trigger is pulled.

Let me make it very clear that your interpretation of what others "need" or "don't need" is meaningless. Unless of course you'd like for me to tell you what I think you "need" and "don't need"...

That being said let me go ahead and give you a HOME DEFENSE example that is very REALISTIC:

You're alone in your home when a 4 man ARMED crew of criminals choose to invade and rob your home. Let’s just say they’re high on methamphetamine, because that’s typically the case.

A) You don't have a firearm... No need to finish the story here...You're most likely not going to like it..

B) You have a firearm that shoots only one shot before you have to take precious time that you don't have to reload. Good luck w/that.

C) You have a firearm that holds 6 rounds before you have to stop and reload. It's only a delusion of Hollywood that you would hit more than one armed man with a single shot in this scenario but you've very quickly pulled that trigger 6 times and you're out of ammo. You are now faced with three of his armed buddies.. Doubt very much that they'll stop and allow you to reload.

D) You have a firearm that will allow you to hold 30 rounds before having to stop and reload. You've increased your chances of saving your own life, but still doesn't guarantee it. What do these criminals have? The VAST MAJORITY of our societies SCUM have a handgun with a 10 round magazine, which gives them a 10 round advantage over you to begin with. How many loaded, extra magazines do they have in their pocket?..

SCUM doesn’t care a bit about the law and when they’re high, they could give a shit about your life whatsoever.

With literally MILLIONS of firearms owned in this country, it’s easy to say that the MAJORITY of those are owned by RESPONSIBLE, COMPASSIONATE individuals who own these firearms for their own protection, or for hobby or they may compete in shooting sports.

That’s just one argument FOR the “need”… That doesn’t even cover the UNALIENABLE RIGHT that American citizens have to keep and bare firearms….
CallItAsISeeIt

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

awesome wrote:
Gun shows should be outlawed and buying guns online at site like gunownersclub should by shutdown.
Why don’t you go into any detail with your statement that would show a need for firearm shows to be outlawed? Why don’t you go into detail reasoning the same about online firearm sales?

Oh, no need to bother because I’m going to tell you why you don’t… You aren’t educated in this topic. Plain and simple….

Again, your perception of your level of education is a big arrogant. Arrogance let me remind you (“Mr. Educated”) is a character FLAW…..

A firearm show (aka: gun show) is no different than you walking the firearm case at Bass Pro Shops. No different whatsoever. Anyone who wishes to purchase a firearm from a dealer/seller at a show prove identification and must fill out the same paperwork that runs through the FBI database to ensure that they are NOT a FELON. So tell me, where is your difference? Let me assure you that it’s only your ill-educated delusions…

When a felon attempts to purchase a firearm at a show, they’re simply turned down. They won't be sold a firearm from a dealer there. Period...

Criminals / Convicted Felons may very well attend a show to walk around and observe as everyone else, but we certainly don’t run an FBI check on every person wishing to enter CABELAS or BASS PRO or any other retail business. That would be utterly ridiculous to say the least….

The same ignorance you have applies to “online firearm sales”… Those firearms are sold to a person online but they are NOT shipped to the person who purchased them. They’re shipped to a dealer and the purchaser must show up, prove identification, fill out paperwork and wait for the FBI background check to be run BEFORE that dealer will release that firearm to that purchaser….
If you’re a criminal felon then you’re welcome to purchase and pay for any firearm online, but you won’t ever be able to put your hands on it....

However, CRIMINALS do NOT get firearms this way because it’s impossible for them to…
Criminals gain possession of firearms through theft… Through home invasions, through murder and grab and through programs such as “Fast and Furious”, when our government deliberately places over 2,000 firearms directly into the hands of criminals…

If you don’t already, then I’ll just tell you that you certainly SHOULD feel like an idiot at this point. Your argument is so weak that it’s past the point of pathetic….
CallItAsISeeIt

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

awesome wrote:
Nobody should be able to buy any kind of gun without proper training, classes and licenses.
“Proper Training”?..... So, you’d prefer if people such as James Holmes were better trained to use the object for the job they did? Please…….

Listen, James Holmes was NOT a criminal until the day he committed his crime. He was so “perfect” a citizen that many parents would have been PROUD to have a son so studious and successful. Had he not lost his mind, he was well on track to being a benefit to our society…

Regardless, there is no amount of “proper training” in firearms that would ever prevent a criminal from committing their criminal act. That’s an absolutely ridiculous consideration….
Likewise, licensing does nothing to prevent criminals from committing crimes. Criminals don’t bother to obtain licenses.

I’d certainly like to see police officers better trained with their firearms, considering that they don’t have much training with them. The majority of police officers TEST only once a year with their firearms. So, the fact of the matter is that there are many more citizens who are better trained with handling firearms than typical police officers who hand out tickets all day long. Officers may hold a firearm on a suspect once in a while but very rarely do they discharge it. It’s an absolute misnomer that our everyday police forces are trained like our Military Seal Teams or Swat....

I can agree, as I’m sure would responsible firearms owners, that those who own firearms for purpose of home protection or for use only during hunting season should certainly not allow their firearms to simply sit until or unless they need to use them. They should be out on a more frequent basis practicing firearm use, care and safety. However, we can’t make them do so. That’s like making swimming pool owners practice water safety, pool & equipment cleaning, use and hone their CPR skills on a responsible timeline.

We CAN certainly discuss together and ask that all states agree to mutually agreed reasonable use and public safety laws. For instance, I don’t personally have a problem with the following:

1) Require that private sellers perform the same FBI background check on an interested party that dealers are currently required to perform.

**THIS is the “loophole” that people refer to that can occur at some firearm shows in those states that allow private individuals (aka: sellers) to sell to another person without requiring the same FBI background check that is required by dealers.**This scenario has NOTHING to do w/firearm manufacturers or dealers. It’s simply private citizen to private citizen sales.

2) Require that those who wish to participate in firearm shows/sales must be legally registered firearm dealers.*No more private sellers at firearm shows.

3) Require that adults who have a violent juvenile record (ie; a minor who murdered or caused severe bodily harm to another human or animal) AND those who are KNOWN/diagnosed as having homicidal tendency be prevented from purchase/ ownership.**All of those people would be included within the current FBI database and could not legally obtain a firearm.

4) Certain felonies would prevent you from obtaining FBI clearance.**REMEMBER that in some parts of this country, it is a felony to drive 20 miles over the posted speed limit.

5) Suspend a person’s right to possess a firearm for a specified amount of time if they are found to be (convicted of) discharging a firearm recklessly while legally intoxicated. Their firearm(s) would be placed in the care and control of the local Sheriff or Police during their suspension period.(6 months or 1 year for first offense?) A second offense could be suspension time of 3 years and reinstatement pending the assessment of this person’s behavior during the 3 year suspension period?….

Licensing and course/test requirements are complicated, so we can go over those specifics in another post…
TTH

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Allow me to list a couple of glaring examples to give credence to the above post.

Charles Whitman, USMC Sniper Univ. of Texas Bell Tower shooting 1966

Lee Harvey Oswald USMC assassinated John F Kennedy, 1963
CallItAsISeeIt

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

TTH wrote:
Allow me to list a couple of glaring examples to give credence to the above post.
Charles Whitman, USMC Sniper Univ. of Texas Bell Tower shooting 1966
Lee Harvey Oswald USMC assassinated John F Kennedy, 1963
**Case in point!:)
wavy gravy

Spencer, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

It's not the weapon it's the intent, when the left can legislate us into slavery then we'll all be safe..."come and get them"...
CallItAsISeeIt

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

wavy gravy wrote:
It's not the weapon it's the intent, when the left can legislate us into slavery then we'll all be safe..."come and get them"...
You're correct (IMO) if you're stating that the intent of this push to infringe upon the citizens Second Amendment has everything to do with eventual complete disarmament rather than safety of the citizens and prevention of crime...

However, there are many who don't comprehend that due to the fact that they don't pay attention to what's going on in this country and around the world. They only come out when something they perceive as "big" happens that they feel they can be part of... So, you have to go over things on their level...
Dooley

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Jan 22, 2013
 
Actually the website they're referring to, www.gunownersclub.com is the same type of site as craigslist where one person meets the other person and usually makes sales in well lighted areas such as parking lots, etc. No background checks whatsoever. It's sites like that where many felons get their guns. They're sites like that in every state where people buy guns from average joes, they're popular because Joe Blow doesnt get ripped off by selling their guns to dealers or pawn shops but the bad side is you never know who you are selling to as it is unregulated.
gun owner

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Why not issue a title with a firearm.When sold owner notifies big brother of sale and if buyer doesn't register big brother can come and take firearm away.
CallItAsISeeIt

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Jan 24, 2013
 
Dooley wrote:
Actually the website they're referring to, www.gunownersclub.com is the same type of site as craigslist where one person meets the other person and usually makes sales in well lighted areas such as parking lots, etc. No background checks whatsoever. It's sites like that where many felons get their guns. They're sites like that in every state where people buy guns from average joes, they're popular because Joe Blow doesnt get ripped off by selling their guns to dealers or pawn shops but the bad side is you never know who you are selling to as it is unregulated.
Nothing wrong with that site. It's nothing more than a private seller to private seller site where they can advertise what they have for sale... Private sellers aren't required to run the same FBI database check as dealers are... But, it's not "buying guns online" as the other poster was referring to.

That being said, it is a pathway for a felon to easily purchase a firearm. That's the "loophole" that causes a stir.

PROBLEM is that in REALITY we aren't going to prevent a criminal or the insane from obtaining a firearm. That's like saying that we can prevent a drug addict from obtaining the drug. If there REALLY WAS a way to prevent these things from taking place without trampling the rights of good citizens, we'd all step in to do that.
Well

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Jan 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I've bought a many weapons and sold a few off gunownersclub.com and even I agree that it is one huge loophole that surprises me that it's still legal. A many people have been robbed and sone even killed using sites like it. Not long ago a young man was shot to death and robbed by using craigslist whe trying to sale his handguns. After that I made one more sale and now stick with actual gun dealers.
Well

Rickman, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#62
Jan 24, 2013
 
Its just a matter of time until you will have to show your ID and be placed on a registery like you do when you buy Sudafed.
good

Manchester, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#63
Jan 24, 2013
 
and as it should be. All guns should be registered and to legally own any kind of gun you should have to take a safety class.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sparta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 23 min Julia 145,650
How many kids does Robert Gist (Booger) got? 1 hr Really 16
I need a divorce lawyer (Apr '10) 2 hr JJ_SS 27
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 4 hr WTH 9,314
Bojangles in Sparta 10 hr WTF 85
hair follicle tests 12 hr WTF 2
Positive Growth: Federal-Mogul officials announ... 12 hr WTF 1
White Co Fair 14 hr lol 115
•••
•••

Sparta Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Sparta People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Sparta News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Sparta
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••