FFA Going Down Hill?
ND2NO

Wilder, TN

#1 Dec 22, 2009
I was just wondering what happen to the FFA at the high school? Everyone I've talked to in the last couple of years says the same thing about it, how it has really went down hill now that certain teachers aren't teaching it anymore. It seems to me that the teachers over it now are just there to get a pay check and coach ball. They should be there because they enjoy it and want to teach the children about agriculture. How many of the students are getting there State Degree this year? This will be a good sign of how the teachers are doing. I may be way off track here, but I'm just going on what some of the students have told me. If it is in fact a case where there not doing there job the parents of the children need to stand up and not accept this and get them out and bring someone in that will do the job correctly. White Co. is a Ag. community so it just seems that we should have the best ag teachers.
Kenneth B

Pelham, TN

#2 Dec 22, 2009
What about that Charles Cooper? Ain't he something?
Sentinels Rule

UK

#3 Dec 23, 2009
Kenneth B wrote:
What about that Charles Cooper? Ain't he something?
Ain't he though?
thinking

Cookeville, TN

#4 Dec 23, 2009
I know someone in this county that could teach circles around both of them but once they get in, you can't get rid of them.
thinking

Cookeville, TN

#5 Dec 23, 2009
Sorry don't know how that happened.
News

Maryville, TN

#6 Dec 23, 2009
Wel in the past 2 years they have had at least 2 people get their FFA American Degrees so they have to be doing something right. That is the highest degree in the FFA.
ND2NO

Wilder, TN

#7 Dec 23, 2009
I'm sure the student did it all them selves because those two teacher won't even help the kids get there state degress. My vote is to get rid of them!!!!
grin

Beechgrove, TN

#8 Dec 24, 2009
News wrote:
Wel in the past 2 years they have had at least 2 people get their FFA American Degrees so they have to be doing something right. That is the highest degree in the FFA.
Two people is not many at all. There should have been more.
americandegreeho lder

Mcminnville, TN

#9 Dec 24, 2009
Before receiving a state degree a student must first receive their Greenhand Degree, Chapter degree, complete a SAE(Supervised Agriculture Experience), receive their State Degree, and then comtinue to pay their FFA dues to their local chapter for two years after high school in order to receive their American Degree. It is a lot of work and requires dedication all four years of high school in order to recieve all of these degrees especially the State and American degrees as they are each one hand evaluated and looked very closely into.In order to receive a State Degree a student must have several ag classes, participate in numerous chapter activites, and participate in events such as land judging or job interview contest. If a student has a true passion for FFA then earning these high degrees aren't a big deal, but for the ones not so interested it is very difficult and no teacher alone can make a student have passion for the FFA. Support and encouragement from the teachers are definely necessary, but in the end it is up to the student if they wish to devote the time needed in order to receive these degrees.
Correct

Maryville, TN

#10 Dec 24, 2009
Agree so much with americandegreeholder. That is a very hard degree to get and it is all about how hard the student wants to work for that degree. I know for a fact that those two teachers had alot to do with those students getting their American Degree. I think what news was saying is that is 2 they know of i believe there has been 15 or 16 people from Sparta that has received this degree in the past years Congrats to those students and teachers.
iloveyou

Hillsboro, TN

#11 Dec 24, 2009
what two teachers are you talking about??
Future Farmers

United States

#12 Jan 5, 2010
I was a FFA member. It took me places that I would have never got the opportunity to go if it wasn't for FFA. I don't know the teachers now, but the Teachers that I had put their whole heart into FFA. I hope all Children get the chance to experience FFA to the fullest.

Since: Oct 09

United States

#14 Jan 5, 2010
I was a FFA member. It took me places that I would have never got the opportunity to go if it wasn't for FFA. I don't know the teachers now, but the Teachers that I had put their whole heart into FFA. I hope all Children get the chance to experience FFA to the fullest.
Charles

Monteagle, TN

#15 Jan 7, 2010
Charles Cooper and maroon maniacs
Dont care

Morrison, TN

#16 Feb 7, 2010
This FFA SUCKS!!!! All because of the advisors. They're worthless they need to get their heads out of their asses and teach and spend more time on ffa. One is sexist and only chooses his favorite students and don't give a damn about the others. And the other one is more worried about maroon maniacs then teaching or ffa so what is the point in even having an ffa chapter we might as well get rid of it.
this sucks

Mcminnville, TN

#17 Feb 7, 2010
Dont care wrote:
This FFA SUCKS!!!! All because of the advisors. They're worthless they need to get their heads out of their asses and teach and spend more time on ffa. One is sexist and only chooses his favorite students and don't give a damn about the others. And the other one is more worried about maroon maniacs then teaching or ffa so what is the point in even having an ffa chapter we might as well get rid of it.
I totally agree this FFA does suck!!! The advisors don't give a shit and they don't do their jobs! We hardly do any activities like other chapters in the state and they always pick the same people to do everything and nobody lse gets the chace to do the stuff. I think they need some new advisors soon or the chapters going to be history!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sparta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's Expose all the Freemasons in Sparta by Name 1 hr TTH 9
snitch in sparta. 1 hr TTH 6
Dcs get involved 11 hr Julie reeder 3
Bullying teacher 12 hr Payless 29
is john davis still married 13 hr who 2
Hoover 15 hr David 1
a h 15 hr Junky 1
More from around the web

Sparta People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE