BonAir Mtn

Sparta, TN

#1 May 22, 2012
What's up with the squatters/gypsys living in the old abandoned travel trailer at the north side of the road just east of the Water Tower in DeRossett?
lol

Cookeville, TN

#2 May 22, 2012
why don't you just stop in and ask them?!
Comedy Relief

Beechgrove, TN

#3 May 22, 2012
They must of picked up the latest copy of "The Junkies Almanac" and had to come see for themselves. LOL
Dude

Sparta, TN

#4 May 22, 2012
They don't look out of place at all up there on the mountain... They're probably just waiting for folks to go to work during the day so they can go by and rob their houses.
so what

Mcminnville, TN

#5 May 22, 2012
whats it to you..
BonAir Mtn

Sparta, TN

#6 May 22, 2012
What's it to me? Well, I don't like my stuff stolen. You may like that, but I don't. I work for what I have. Folks like that come around and think they should be able to take it. Screw that.

Thieves are rampant around here.
so what

Mcminnville, TN

#7 May 22, 2012
you don't even know them and ur callin them thieves! how rude
Dude

Sparta, TN

#8 May 23, 2012
I'd be careful too... People with no visible means of support are called vagrants. Where they getting money to live? They aren't working. I've seen them hanging around that old trailer, too.

Looks suspicious.
just a guess

Spencer, TN

#9 May 23, 2012
meth the makin? I'd report them. If there is no electricity etc they probably can't stay there.
roy bean

Cookeville, TN

#10 May 23, 2012
BonAir Mtn wrote:
What's it to me? Well, I don't like my stuff stolen. You may like that, but I don't. I work for what I have. Folks like that come around and think they should be able to take it. Screw that.
Thieves are rampant around here.
shoot and killem just like that man in pleasent hill did yesterday
roy bean

Cookeville, TN

#11 May 23, 2012
BonAir Mtn wrote:
What's up with the squatters/gypsys living in the old abandoned travel trailer at the north side of the road just east of the Water Tower in DeRossett?
maybe thats all they have, but things dont get better by sitting there drinking beer either,
Bon Air Mtn

Sparta, TN

#12 May 23, 2012
The old camper trailer has been sitting there for years. Not sure why the County ain't moved it. Lots of trash/junk laying around. Looks like it's on the highway right of way.

Anyway, just recently it seems that folks are living there. Not just one or two either. There was half a dozen folks out there Monday.
bon air

Cookeville, TN

#13 May 23, 2012
Bon Air Mtn wrote:
The old camper trailer has been sitting there for years. Not sure why the County ain't moved it. Lots of trash/junk laying around. Looks like it's on the highway right of way.
Anyway, just recently it seems that folks are living there. Not just one or two either. There was half a dozen folks out there Monday.
you should not judge a book by its cover, and if you have a problem with them not working. then why don't you go over and help them find a job instead of complaining about people you know nothing about online. sounds more like you need the help. have a great day ;)
Bon Air Mtn

Sparta, TN

#14 May 23, 2012
bon air wrote:
<quoted text>
you should not judge a book by its cover, and if you have a problem with them not working. then why don't you go over and help them find a job instead of complaining about people you know nothing about online. sounds more like you need the help. have a great day ;)
There's a reason for the saying "Don't judge a book by it's cover." That's because you can't tell what's inside the book until you open it.

That's not the case here. There is trash all over the place inside, and outside. You don't have to open the cover on this book to tell what's inside.

But thanks for your helpful answer just the same.
Bon Air Mtn

Sparta, TN

#15 May 23, 2012
Oh, and by the way...

People like this I'm already helping by paying my taxes and supporting the flippin' Welfare state we live in.

Probably supporting your azz too. Let me guess... you're on disability?
bon air

Cookeville, TN

#16 May 23, 2012
Bon Air Mtn wrote:
Oh, and by the way...
People like this I'm already helping by paying my taxes and supporting the flippin' Welfare state we live in.
Probably supporting your azz too. Let me guess... you're on disability?
nope i work mon-fri pay all my bills and take nothing from the state, but i know people that need it. i don't go around telling others how to live. you should take a long look in the mirror and see what it is that your not happy about in your life that you have to attack others that have done nothing to you, other then the fact you don't like the way they keep there yard?! lol just work on yourself and try not to worry so much about what others are doing and you will fine your a happier person :) you can not fix everyone
Comedy Relief

Beechgrove, TN

#17 May 23, 2012
You can't judge a book by it's cover but you can get a pretty good idea of the content by reading the description on the back without opening a page.
Bon Air Mtn

Sparta, TN

#18 May 23, 2012
I'm happy as hell so don't worry about me. I'm sure if you saw a band of homeless gypsy's setting up residence anywhere near your home, you'd be concerned as well.

The good news is, we still have the right to bear arms and I take full advantage of that right. If anyone comes around my place, they'll get the same treatment that little thief in Pleasant Hill got.

RIP
Dude

Sparta, TN

#19 May 24, 2012
Someone cleared the squatters out.
BeenThere

Beechgrove, TN

#20 May 25, 2012
Dude wrote:
Someone cleared the squatters out.
Leave no structure unoccupied and no land unpatrolled.

Squatters can and do claim legal property rights... and the real property owner can and will be charged with Criminal Trespass if they don't serve the squatters 48 hours notice... which requires a court order...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sparta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who shot Kolt Whitson 3 min TTH 31
Missing Kids 1 hr Trish1981 2
Pregnant girls at WCMS 1 hr Trish1981 11
News Sparta man arrested for burglaries 1 hr town 3
Jackie selby 6 hr Heavy heart 1
Rise &Shine Cafe 18 hr WTF 30
Aldi's 21 hr WTF 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sparta Mortgages