Old White County Jail haunted?

Posted in the Sparta Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
curious

Viola, TN

#1 Sep 20, 2009
I was surfing the web and found a site for Middle Tennesse Paranormal Society. They listed the Old White County Jail 3 times in their past investigations.

1. Old White County Jail -April 26, 2008
2. Return to Old White County Jail-August 30, 2008
3. Old White County Jail revisited-August 15, 2009

Why? I wonder what they found so interesting to want to visit so much. Has anyone ever heard any stories of the jail being haunted?
Grandma Moses

Sparta, TN

#2 Sep 20, 2009
I've always heard of people being jail birds there and having nightmares for years......or did they just forget to bring their soap on the rope? and the saga begins..........
iloveyou

Jacksonville, FL

#3 Sep 20, 2009
that would be so cool if it was haunted. me and friends have always wanted to stay in someone haunted but our parents never wanted us to go to places cuz they were to far away
momo of 2

Easley, SC

#4 Sep 21, 2009
iloveyou wrote:
that would be so cool if it was haunted. me and friends have always wanted to stay in someone haunted but our parents never wanted us to go to places cuz they were to far away
The American Legion Building is haunted too!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Jun 09

Anywhere

#5 Sep 21, 2009
momo of 2 wrote:
<quoted text>The American Legion Building is haunted too!!!!!!!!!!
Why do you say that?
the unseen

Carlisle, SC

#6 Sep 21, 2009
trust me it is haunted
the unseen

Carlisle, SC

#7 Sep 21, 2009
old jail and legion building are two of the most haunted places in white county.
firecracker

Lancaster, SC

#8 Sep 21, 2009
Come on and tell it! You all know how many people were shot and killed around the square in the old days? It was like the old west.
old timer

Carlisle, SC

#9 Sep 21, 2009
have heard and seen alot of things

Since: Jun 09

Anywhere

#10 Sep 21, 2009
I would say beck in the old days it was the old west..HAHA! It is interesting and would like to know some of peoples experiences or tails of this.

Since: Sep 09

Abbeville, SC

#11 Sep 22, 2009
Alright,I'll check it out.
yerter

Spring Hill, TN

#12 Sep 22, 2009
Found this-
http://www.danielhaston.com/history/tn-histor...
interesting reading. Can't remember if this is the site talks about the half man, half I-don't-know-what that roamed the Lost Creek area. And the one that talks about the graves of the little people and the giants found in White County.
There's a rich history here!
curious

Viola, TN

#13 Sep 22, 2009
the unseen wrote:
old jail and legion building are two of the most haunted places in white county.
\\

What makes you believe this? Did you have any experiences?
how

United States

#14 Sep 22, 2009
the unseen wrote:
trust me it is haunted
How can we trust you if you don't offer any proof? You got me interested, now seal the deal.
Whiz

Cookeville, TN

#15 Sep 24, 2009
momo of 2 wrote:
<quoted text>The American Legion Building is haunted too!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, you are right. They have had the paranormal group there at least 3 times in the last year at the American Legion Bldg. That same group visited the old jail another time too.
We got to listen to the tapes they had after spending the night at the Legion a few times. Pretty interesting. Chairs moving upstairs, big bangs from who knows where? Some humming and laughter, etc. Cool Some people who work there at the building have had several unexplained experiences.
no one

Carlisle, SC

#16 Sep 24, 2009
the ghost was a patriotic janitor that worked there till he died
cntrygal

Mcminnville, TN

#17 Feb 11, 2010
Upper Cumberland Paranormal Society has visited that jail and the american legion twice. They found some interesting stuff at both places. Information on it was on their myspace..
TJohn

Mcminnville, TN

#18 Oct 11, 2010
Dang right it's haunted
Army

Columbia, SC

#20 Oct 12, 2010
American Legion buliding haunted also?
ixyrt

Mcminnville, TN

#21 Oct 12, 2010
yup it is,several people that work their late has had the doors locked and heard things moving around upstairs.some people say if you bring a child inside the building that they will act like they are playing with someone when no one is there
Army wrote:
American Legion buliding haunted also?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sparta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man robbed 22 min Long lost friend 8
Julie Hutchings (Oct '13) 3 hr Julie 24
Kimberly Taylor 6 hr nutzaplente 19
Sparta Fball 10 hr Chuck 12
Skate Park for Sparta (Sep '15) 12 hr Observer 38
mary hill (Oct '13) 13 hr truthful 11
Serena Simpson 16 hr truthful 3

Sparta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance