Bonair mountain
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Mountain boy

Smartt, TN

#1 Feb 25, 2011
Lets hear some good stories or memories about growing up on Bonair mountaim and going to Bondecroft school.
Mountain boy

Smartt, TN

#2 Feb 25, 2011
Talk about growing up on Bonair mountain and going to school @ Bondecroft
Mountain boy

Smartt, TN

#3 Feb 25, 2011
Think I was in miss Cecils 1st grade class fron 1963-1964
Mountain boy

Smartt, TN

#4 Feb 25, 2011
Did anyone ride the school bus to the fair, and always meet at the Bondecroft booth?
Mountain boy

Smartt, TN

#5 Feb 25, 2011
I know people that went to Bondecroft have internet by now, what about Miss Cecil, Mrs. Eller, Mrs. Walker & that musical instrument, Mr. Weaver, & Mr. & Mrs. Short.?
Mountain boy

Smartt, TN

#6 Feb 25, 2011
Anyone remember D.Andersons & M.Selbys fight?

I must be alone on this discussion.
Mountain boy

Smartt, TN

#7 Feb 25, 2011
Babe, Dean (gone), Danny S., Randy H., Donnie F., Floyd S.(gone),Richard L.(gone),Kato,,Jeff(Charles)E. ,Fish:Carolyn.Kathy,Rocky,Paul ,Ricky,Benny,Debbie B., Debbie S., Glenda S.,Sandra L., Renae R.,Shelia T.,Billy G.,Dan W., Hugh L.,Connie F.,David A.,Tell me more.........
XYZ

Easley, SC

#8 Feb 25, 2011
I knew most of the people you listed
Know em all

Columbia, SC

#9 Feb 26, 2011
My brother is mentioned in that group. I know them all as well. I went to BDC in the late 60's to middle 70's. I had Mr. Short as principal and Mrs. Short for second. Also Mrs. Cecil for first, Mrs. Walker for third. I loved it at BDC, made alot of friends and good memories. Alot have passed away since then or most are out of touch but it was a good time in my life. BonDeCroft has always been looked down on, but I find myself being as smart as anyone.:) I also had later on Mr. Knight as principal, Mr. Talent for fourth, Mr. Knight for Fifth, and Mrs. Brown for sixth. Good Memories I must say!
I grew up there too

Sparta, TN

#10 Feb 26, 2011
Started BDC in the early 60's..that was an autoharp that Mrs. Walker had she made here grand daughter play it too. We went to school in a very special time, nobody had much but we didn't know it, we were just happy kids. Sometimes a kid would come from somewhere else and try to act better but we usually let them know they were not!
dude

Crab Orchard, TN

#11 Feb 26, 2011
Know em all wrote:
My brother is mentioned in that group. I know them all as well. I went to BDC in the late 60's to middle 70's. I had Mr. Short as principal and Mrs. Short for second. Also Mrs. Cecil for first, Mrs. Walker for third. I loved it at BDC, made alot of friends and good memories. Alot have passed away since then or most are out of touch but it was a good time in my life. BonDeCroft has always been looked down on, but I find myself being as smart as anyone.:) I also had later on Mr. Knight as principal, Mr. Talent for fourth, Mr. Knight for Fifth, and Mrs. Brown for sixth. Good Memories I must say!
As somebody that grew up on the west side of the county, I can tell you for sure that BonDeCroft was NOT looked down on by anybody I knew or went to school with. I hate you feel that way but you really shouldn't. A LOT of cool friends I had and still have grew up on the mountain. Course I didn't meet that many of them til Jr high.
oldays

Quebeck, TN

#12 Feb 26, 2011
I recall when my water bill wasn't so high
now that is funny, I don't care who you are
Know em all

Columbia, SC

#13 Feb 26, 2011
dude wrote:
<quoted text>
As somebody that grew up on the west side of the county, I can tell you for sure that BonDeCroft was NOT looked down on by anybody I knew or went to school with. I hate you feel that way but you really shouldn't. A LOT of cool friends I had and still have grew up on the mountain. Course I didn't meet that many of them til Jr high.
Yes it was looked down especially basketball wise. When I got to 7th I tried out for bball and they came around asking what elementary school you had went and only one person made it from BDC and that was because their cousin was the coach. Dont get me wrong I love BDC then and now. I have children there now and its a wonderful school. Wasnt putting it down in no way.
Know em all

Columbia, SC

#14 Feb 26, 2011
oldays wrote:
I recall when my water bill wasn't so high
now that is funny, I don't care who you are
Please dont start this on this forum. Go to the other forum,OK?
Mountain boy

Smartt, TN

#15 Feb 26, 2011
Anyone remember the young people (maybe from Minnesota) building the "Short Building", I think it was for the 1st kindergarten at Bondecroft.Anyone ever ride a school bus to the White Co. Fair, or meet at the Bondecroft booth, which was run by the Bondecroft Communitt Club to help the school. Ever go to Clifty swimming, back when it was safe, walk up and down the "old road" thru DeRossett, or sled down church-house hill. Ever been in Geers grocery store or how about Joe Holloways store, Joe probably kept a lot of people from going hungry in hard times. Ever pick strawberries for Joe Crawford, a good man and long time bus driver. Remember the old depot in Derossett, think its at Tansi in Crossville. Anyone remember constables, they worked at the charcol kilns. Ever been in Bob Hill Cave at the bottom of the Coal Bank, or parked at the "Rock". Good times and good memories, lets heer yours.
Mountain boy

Smartt, TN

#16 Feb 26, 2011
Sorry for any spelling errors but I went to Bondecroft, LOL, but they taught me better than that. Does everyone know where the name "Bondecroft" originated from?

Since: Jan 11

Viola, TN

#17 Feb 26, 2011
combination of bon(bon-air),de(derossett) AND CROFT (RAVENSCROFT)
Mountain boy

Smartt, TN

#18 Feb 26, 2011
I'm sure people have memories from BonAir, Clifty, Eastland, Doe Creek, Ravenscroft, Flatrock,etc. Remember when Doe Creek had a lake, before there was a Thousand Oaks lake, or Key Acres lake? Lets here some stories. Anyone ever seen the Coal Bank monster?
Mountain boy

Smartt, TN

#19 Feb 26, 2011
At-A-Boy to rose05, did you go to Bondecroft?
XYZ

Easley, SC

#20 Feb 26, 2011
I remember those days, those was good days. I remember going to Joe Holloway's and Bill Geer's store. I remember walking the old highway. I also remember many of halloween's. We walked from house to house and didn't have to worry about people putting drugs in the candy! Went and stayed all night at friends house, didn't have to worry about being molested! I never got to slide down church house hill, we never had a sled. We didn't have much, but we was happy. Never went to bed hungry!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sparta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nightmare 3 hr TN Girl 12
Sonic now offering financing 3 hr WTF 5
Is giving your child(ren) Benadryl to make them... (Jan '10) 4 hr Heatoregon 94
Nutzaplente 9 hr Leroy 12
Shannon petty 10 hr Southernwhipyoazz 16
was Jesus just a cult leader? (Sep '09) 15 hr Allgrownedup 204
April Fay Carter 21 hr Red neck country ... 3
Jeff Gentry Sat Former Hickory 82
love shack??? Jan 19 Wendy Gentry 42

Sparta Jobs