Help Save the Montes Family

Full story: The Nation 21
This heartbreaking video describes the outrageously unfair detention and deportation of an innocent man and the callous means by which immigration officials casually tear families apart. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Not so fast

Kansas City, MO

#1 Feb 17, 2012
Ship the entire family home with him!

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#2 Feb 18, 2012
OK-this 'woe-is-me' tale has more holes than a screen door;where is his 'wife'? CPS had to have some valid reasons for removing the children.I notice The Worlds' Best Daddy has been in the U.S. long enough to breed at least four times,yet no English speak.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#4 Feb 18, 2012
The idiot was caught driving without a license and without insurance!!! This article leaves out that important fact but other articles i've read mention it.

You'd think when an illegal invades america, they'd stay away from cars and keep a low profile. But this moron didn't care about any of that.
Exactly

Kansas City, MO

#5 Feb 18, 2012
Speeders Kill Kids wrote:
The idiot was caught driving without a license and without insurance!!! This article leaves out that important fact but other articles i've read mention it.
You'd think when an illegal invades america, they'd stay away from cars and keep a low profile. But this moron didn't care about any of that.
Especially since Nobama, Holder and Napolitano were sworn in.
ima

El Paso, TX

#6 Feb 18, 2012
So why can't the mother (kids'mom) get a job? and we know she will get welfare for the kids. This way she keeps them without just suddenly find themselves without him or her? But again he sounds like he believes COMMITED NO WRONG! yet here illegaly, driving with no drivers license, or insurance and advocates back him up as a victim of BP and immigration injustice??????? WHO REALLY IS TO BLAME HERE? NOT OUR LAWS....thats for sure. To heck with the petition, his sobbing story doesn't bother me as he what he was doing was wrong when he entered illegally EXPECTING THAT HIS ANCHOR KIDS can get him out of the mess he PUT ALL OF THEM IN. And where is the wife, I suppose she claims she didn't know he was illegal when they married? he can thank himself for the mess everyone's in.
ima

El Paso, TX

#7 Feb 18, 2012
And he could've killed with his car and left the scene as many do, right? then the story would go different but still back him up making him the victim anyway. He did wrong and the only thing left was to deport him as he broke three laws and wants us to feel sorry for him, why should we treat him different because of the children? they can ask him why he did what he did, themselves.
Exactly

Kansas City, MO

#8 Feb 19, 2012
They only care about themselves, period!

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#9 Feb 20, 2012
Wait a minute, so the mother chose to leave her kids behind to be with this illegal??? The kids are probably better off without either of these parents. No pity party for these two...I do pity the kids who will suffer because of their parents' ignorance.

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#11 Feb 20, 2012
teddyr4me wrote:
Wait a minute, so the mother chose to leave her kids behind to be with this illegal??? The kids are probably better off without either of these parents. No pity party for these two...I do pity the kids who will suffer because of their parents' ignorance.
No. She apparently doesn't work and couldn't afford heat and whatever. I don't understand why they don't ALL go back to Mexico with the father. The courts here should have no jurisdiction over living conditions in another country, period. People move their kids from this country to another one all the time. No one has to approve those conditions.
ILLEGAL A-HOLE

Pocono Summit, PA

#12 Feb 20, 2012
Montes family leaving? Where I supposed to buy drug for me glaucoma problem?

#13 Feb 20, 2012
Here's a better article on this situation, with more information:

http://colorlines.com/archives/2012/02/deport...

Quote:
Allegheny County has already convinced a judge to end family reunification efforts with Marie Montes. She wants the children to be placed with their father.“If they can’t be with me, I want them to be with him,” she said.“Nobody is a better father than he is.”

Montes’s case reveals how indiscriminate the deportation system has become. He was married to a United States citizen, and thus eligible for a visa. But he said the process of applying for documents was simply too expensive—thousands of dollars to complete visa applications and pay for travel costs to leave the country and apply, as the rules demand. What’s more, as the breadwinner in the family, he feared that leaving to Mexico while he applied for reentry would leave his family at risk.

Because Montes was undocumented, he couldn’t apply for a driver’s license and was forced to operate a car without one. Sometimes, he would be pulled over by local police who’d ticket him for driving without a license and registration, and over time the tickets piled up. Eventually, Montes was called into court. He was put on probation for the compounding violations and ordered not to drive. He tried to comply, he said, only getting behind the wheel when his family’s life simply demanded it.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement has claimed that they allow parents facing deportation to make decisions about what happens to their children. In a recent statement, the agency said,“ICE works with individuals in removal proceedings to ensure they have ample opportunity to make important decisions regarding the care and custody of their children.”

But this has not always been true. Montes said he was removed “without being able to say anything to my wife. Without seeing my children even one more time…My wife was left completely alone and pregnant.”
End Quote

Awww...applying for a visa was too expensive. Well, WTF does he think all other people do that want to be here LEGALLY? Go home and deal with it. He could've, at that point, taken the kids with him since he wasn't deported and family services hadn't removed the children from his home. You snooze you lose.

However, people should not be allowed to come here illegally, marry a citizen and thus be eligible to get a visa. That is circumventing our laws. Plus, when one desires to marry a foreign national and bring him/her over, the citizen must sign off on an Affidavit of Support, which could require said citizen to support the immigrant for up to 10 years (and most definitely to support said immigrant up until the time he/she received work authorization). This lazy arse lady not only didn't work, but didn't cook or care for the kids. But she sure didn't have a problem opening her legs and going through several pregnancies. She can't be *that* sick.

He didn't qualify for a driver's license so he chose to drive illegally. More disregard for our laws. Obviously he didn't pay his tickets, either. Such a fine, upstanding person -- just the type we have enough of here already. We don't need more like him. That last sentence in that paragraph cracks me up: "He tried to comply, he said, only getting behind the wheel when his family’s life simply demanded it." Just how would his family's LIFE demand it? If someone is sick, there's 911 to call. Therefore, his family's life never demanded it, he just likes to exaggerate and drive without a license.

If both parents are being deported, I'm sure they give them a chance to make arrangements. I've read articles where they discuss it. In this instance the mother is a citizen, so of course they don't bother giving the father a chance to make arrangements, figuring the mother would take care of things...except she didn't and child custody had to get involved.

I say let him have his kids in Mexico.
ILLEGAL A-HOLE

Pocono Summit, PA

#14 Feb 20, 2012
Rebel wrote:
Quote:
Allegheny County has already convinced a judge to end family reunification efforts with Marie Montes. She wants the children to be placed with their father.“If they can’t be with me, I want them to be with him,” she said.“Nobody is a better father than he is.”
She no get around much do she?
ILLEGAL A-HOLE

Pocono Summit, PA

#15 Feb 20, 2012
Rebel wrote:
Quote:
Allegheny County has already convinced a judge to end family reunification efforts with Marie Montes. This lazy arse lady not only didn't work, but didn't cook or care for the kids. But she sure didn't have a problem opening her legs
So then, she DID have a job?

#16 Feb 20, 2012
Rebel wrote:
http://colorlines.com/archives /2012/02/deported_dad_begs_nor th_carolina_not_put_kids_into_ adoption.html
Quote:
Montes’s case reveals how indiscriminate the deportation system has become. He was married to a United States citizen, and thus eligible for a visa. But he said the process of applying for documents was simply too expensive—thousands of dollars to complete visa applications and pay for travel costs to leave the country and apply, as the rules demand. What’s more, as the breadwinner in the family, he feared that leaving to Mexico while he applied for reentry would leave his family at risk.
End Quote
If he hadn't been in such a hurry to have his wife (who allegedly has a debilitating disease to the extent she can't work, can't cook and can't take care of the kids, but can most certainly lay on her back, spread her legs and go through nine months of pregnancy (and many women find pregnancy to be difficult, especially if they are *that* sick) he could've saved the money to get a visa. No kids = more money in your pocket to do things the right way. Instead, he counted on circumventing the laws and being allowed to stay based on his anchors.

Oops! His further law breaking just caused that "plan" not to work out. Not just his driving without a license tickets are further law breaking, but his working without authorization and God only knows what else!

Typical criminal illegal alien who thinks laws don't matter. If they're willing to break one law, why not more?

Why aren't they going after his employer? They obviously know who he is. It was a felony for this dirt bag to employee this criminal POS.
ILLEGAL A-HOLE

Pocono Summit, PA

#17 Feb 20, 2012
Rebel wrote:
Quote:
Because Montes was undocumented, he couldn’t apply for a driver’s license and was forced to operate a car without one. Sometimes, he would be pulled over by local police who’d ticket him for driving without a license and registration, and over time the tickets piled up. Eventually, Montes was called into court. He was put on probation for the compounding violations and ordered not to drive. He tried to comply, he said, only getting behind the wheel when his family’s life simply demanded it.
Immigration and Customs Enforcement has claimed that they allow parents facing deportation to make decisions about what happens to their children. In a recent statement, the agency said,“ICE works with individuals in removal proceedings to ensure they have ample opportunity to make important decisions regarding the care and custody of their children.”
But this has not always been true. Montes said he was removed “without being able to say anything to my wife. Without seeing my children even one more time…My wife was left completely alone and pregnant.”
End Quote
Awww...applying for a visa was too expensive. Well, WTF does he think all other people do that want to be here LEGALLY? Go home and deal with it. He could've, at that point, taken the kids with him since he wasn't deported and family services hadn't removed the children from his home. You snooze you lose.
However, people should not be allowed to come here illegally, marry a citizen and thus be eligible to get a visa. That is circumventing our laws. Plus, when one desires to marry a foreign national and bring him/her over, the citizen must sign off on an Affidavit of Support, which could require said citizen to support the immigrant for up to 10 years (and most definitely to support said immigrant up until the time he/she received work authorization). This lazy arse lady not only didn't work, but didn't cook or care for the kids. But she sure didn't have a problem opening her legs and going through several pregnancies. She can't be *that* sick.
He didn't qualify for a driver's license so he chose to drive illegally. More disregard for our laws. Obviously he didn't pay his tickets, either. Such a fine, upstanding person -- just the type we have enough of here already. We don't need more like him. That last sentence in that paragraph cracks me up: "He tried to comply, he said, only getting behind the wheel when his family’s life simply demanded it." Just how would his family's LIFE demand it? If someone is sick, there's 911 to call. Therefore, his family's life never demanded it, he just likes to exaggerate and drive without a license.
If both parents are being deported, I'm sure they give them a chance to make arrangements. I've read articles where they discuss it. In this instance the mother is a citizen, so of course they don't bother giving the father a chance to make arrangements, figuring the mother would take care of things...except she didn't and child custody had to get involved.
I say let him have his kids in Mexico.
Well said. Have hot pretzel on the houze
ILLEGAL A-HOLE

Pocono Summit, PA

#18 Feb 20, 2012
Rebel wrote:
<quoted text>
If he hadn't been in such a hurry to have his wife (who allegedly has a debilitating disease to the extent she can't work, can't cook and can't take care of the kids, but can most certainly lay on her back, spread her legs and go through nine months of pregnancy (and many women find pregnancy to be difficult, especially if they are *that* sick) he could've saved the money to get a visa. No kids = more money in your pocket to do things the right way. Instead, he counted on circumventing the laws and being allowed to stay based on his anchors.
Oops! His further law breaking just caused that "plan" not to work out. Not just his driving without a license tickets are further law breaking, but his working without authorization and God only knows what else!
Typical criminal illegal alien who thinks laws don't matter. If they're willing to break one law, why not more?
Why aren't they going after his employer? They obviously know who he is. It was a felony for this dirt bag to employee this criminal POS.
The employeer can always say he had no idea, at least that what hiz crooked lawyer will tell him to say
ILLEGAL A-HOLE

Pocono Summit, PA

#19 Feb 20, 2012
Help save the Montes family. Buy youself hot pretzel

Since: May 10

Branson, MO

#20 Feb 20, 2012
Help save American Families Deport all Illegals and their Illegal Children!
Free is free

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Feb 20, 2012
Nobody has to be separated. They are free to leave with the deportee.
ILLEGAL A-HOLE

Pocono Summit, PA

#22 Feb 21, 2012
Help save the Montes family. They need you taxes for the free ridez!
Ariba!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sparta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Iowa GOP Debate - Sparta, NC (Aug '11) Sep '14 memyselfandi 3
Bett Garrison Mangum (Jan '09) Aug '14 Dianne Russell 3
psychic medium in sparta nc (Dec '12) Jul '14 hazel 3
Motorcycle ride for one who died (Jun '14) Jun '14 love this 3
Bianca? (Sep '13) Mar '14 Darth Vader 3
Store Building (Aug '13) Aug '13 Woody 1
Three arrested during a Operation Community Imp... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Really 1
Sparta Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web