Comments
1 - 20 of 73 Comments Last updated Apr 3, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
voter

Reeds Spring, MO

#1 Jan 29, 2013
Okay ,Ozark screwed up,but so did Sparta.Ozark is trying very hard to fix it and get their open council seat on the ballot.What is Sparta doing?
jimbo

Ozark, MO

#2 Jan 30, 2013
city clerk screw up. him and councilman Brady are buds. go in and pay your bill and you will see the councilman hangs out in there all the time. no wonder it was an oversight. this way brady will have a seat no matter. politics in sparta. just the usual. not an accident.
Billy Bob

Ozark, MO

#3 Jan 30, 2013
Well Jimbo it isnt the first time. Otten was appointed and the same thing was done with him!
jimbo

Ozark, MO

#4 Jan 30, 2013
Billy Bob wrote:
Well Jimbo it isnt the first time. Otten was appointed and the same thing was done with him!
We need leadership. Not sure that brady is looking so good as mayor if he is already finagling using these tactics. I dont like what Im hearing. Dont like what Im seeing. Ive lived her a long time and keep hoping we will get a good one. Not this round.

Apparently the city clerk isn't doing his job if this has happened twice already. In more ways than one. Why do we have him if we have to pay an outsider to oversee him, correct him and teach him his job? Next!

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#5 Jan 30, 2013
voter wrote:
Okay ,Ozark screwed up,but so did Sparta.Ozark is trying very hard to fix it and get their open council seat on the ballot.What is Sparta doing?
Sparta's officials are picking their noses - its what they do best!
The good ole boys never follow the laws or rules - they've run this town for far too long. And into the ground.
Skeeter

West Plains, MO

#6 Jan 30, 2013
I guess the people of Sparta now don't deserve the opportunity to vote for what I thought was supposed to be our ELECTED officials. Im so embarrassed by this council and mayor. Hopefully things will change someday.
what does happen

Hollister, MO

#7 Jan 30, 2013
if gary doesnt win mayor, does he retain his seat on council?
electionsfauxpau x

Ozark, MO

#8 Jan 30, 2013
what does happen wrote:
if gary doesnt win mayor, does he retain his seat on council?
The city by law has to now have a SPECIAL election for the alderman seat Gary holds. I think the reason this wasn't put on this first ballot is he probably was hoping to keep one position or the other. Good plan but an illegal one too. Not good for the city. Would sure be nice if we could get someone in there who didn't think they were above the law.
Skeeter

West Plains, MO

#9 Jan 30, 2013
Can they bypass a "special election" whereas the mayor just appoints someone for the council seat?

I know it's not the right thing to do, but is it a legal thing they could do?
electionsfauxpau x

Ozark, MO

#10 Jan 30, 2013
Skeeter wrote:
Can they bypass a "special election" whereas the mayor just appoints someone for the council seat?
I know it's not the right thing to do, but is it a legal thing they could do?
I don't think the mayor can do that legally. I was reading on what happened in Ozark which was just like this deal and it said a special election would have to be held. There is no other option. I'm sure if there is an underhanded way to resolve it that sparta will do so.
Skeeter

West Plains, MO

#11 Jan 30, 2013
electionsfauxpaux wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the mayor can do that legally. I was reading on what happened in Ozark which was just like this deal and it said a special election would have to be held. There is no other option. I'm sure if there is an underhanded way to resolve it that sparta will do so.
Thank you very much for the information! We shall see what happens next.
voter

Ozark, MO

#12 Jan 30, 2013
Wether or not Mr Brady is elected mayor,he does not retain his seat on city council.It will be open,the question is wether somebody can be legally appointed or they have to have a special election.Also ,the same thing applies to Otten's seat,does it not?I feel like an e-mail to the Secretary of State (Jason Kander )might be in order.Could this be voter fraud?
Remember

Springfield, MO

#13 Jan 31, 2013
Otten was appointed first then had to run for election last year and no one ran against him. So he won.
dispatchr

Ozark, MO

#14 Jan 31, 2013
So much fraud in Sparta, so little time. We can never seem to get really good and honest council people. Whats up with that? I thought this new coucnilman was going to be different but keep hearing bad things already.If he did this illegally and knowingly what else will he do to deface our town?
dispatchr

Ozark, MO

#15 Jan 31, 2013
Help!
why does it say Nixa when I'm in Sparta? How do i fix that?
Skeeter

Forsyth, MO

#16 Jan 31, 2013
Then G. Brady should have to make a choice, councilman or mayor, and run for that particular seat. If he is any type of real, decent, or fair man, he will. He shouldn't be allowed either/ or.

The door also should be open for anyone who chooses to run for the councilman seat since it was not made available and known to be an open seat to the general public before the deadline.

Once again, the citizens of Sparta deserve the opportunity to vote for our very own city elected officials.
Just thoughts

Springfield, MO

#17 Jan 31, 2013
Should we not remember that it was Jim Campbell that resigned mid term that caused all of this. He is now running for Mayor? What if he gets stressed halfway through and quits us again?
Sparta tracker

Forsyth, MO

#18 Jan 31, 2013
I think he resigned almost at the beginning of his term, not mid-term. Personally, Im appalled he would even consider running again. After the people put their faith in him and voted him in, he quit.
dispatchr

Ozark, MO

#19 Jan 31, 2013
I am glad campbell left - he supported Mike e when he shouldnt have and other bad city employees before that. Too many lies were told. I dont think campbell or brady are good for sparta. We dont need more liars, we need some honest coucnil for a change.
Skeeter

Forsyth, MO

#20 Jan 31, 2013
dispatchr wrote:
I am glad campbell left - he supported Mike e when he shouldnt have and other bad city employees before that. Too many lies were told. I dont think campbell or brady are good for sparta. We dont need more liars, we need some honest coucnil for a change.
I agree 99.9%, expecially about needing some honest council/ mayor.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sparta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 3 min MemeStankFoo 2,026
pedophile john earl brown 31 min annyomous 3
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Rapino 96,468
MO Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 5 hr neveratfault 250
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 11 hr Pop Clutch 6,932
Looking for an OB/GYN Sun hope 4
Looking to rent Aug 30 rent 1
•••
•••
•••

Sparta Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••