Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 51,250

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#42099 Sep 20, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, right.... you RADIATE Christ-like love.....
You're just here to vent your own irrational hatred of those who reject your choices, aren't you? Your self-esteem is in the sewer and it shows.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#42100 Sep 20, 2013
beers wrote:
<quoted text>
phony - a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he or she does not hold in order to conceal his or her real feelings or motives
Christian - a religious person who believes Jesus is the Christ and who is a member of a Christian denomination
I am truly the second, hardly the first.
so justice will be enraged against sin when it tries to make itself beautiful, and will accuse it to its face since he who defends will come, hunting up sins on the earth.(2 Esdras 16:51 CEB)
Many verses can be interpreted to condemn a wide range of people. And yet that same bible and all other religious and non religious ethical belief systems, stress the Golden Rule above all others.

That you treat others as you would yourself under the law is also a requirement of our Constitution. Yet, you find interpretations that allow you to contradict it.

Matthew 7:12,: So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Galatians 5:14: The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

AOL

#42101 Sep 20, 2013
First Circuit Court of Appeals:

"Although the House Report is filled with encomia to heterosexual marriage, DOMA does not increase benefits to opposite-sex couples--whose marriages may in any event be childless, unstable or both--or explain how denying benefits to same-sex couples will reinforce heterosexual marriage. Certainly, the denial will not affect the gender choices of those seeking marriage. This is not merely a matter of poor fit of remedy to perceived problem, Lee Optical, 348 U.S. at 487-88; City of Cleburne, 473 U.S. at 446-50, but a lack of any demonstrated connection between DOMA's treatment of same-sex couples and its asserted goal of strengthening the bonds and benefits to society of heterosexual marriage."

http://www.ca1.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/getopn.pl...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#42102 Sep 20, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
First Circuit Court of Appeals:
"Although the House Report is filled with encomia to heterosexual marriage, DOMA does not increase benefits to opposite-sex couples--whose marriages may in any event be childless, unstable or both--or explain how denying benefits to same-sex couples will reinforce heterosexual marriage. Certainly, the denial will not affect the gender choices of those seeking marriage. This is not merely a matter of poor fit of remedy to perceived problem, Lee Optical, 348 U.S. at 487-88; City of Cleburne, 473 U.S. at 446-50, but a lack of any demonstrated connection between DOMA's treatment of same-sex couples and its asserted goal of strengthening the bonds and benefits to society of heterosexual marriage."
http://www.ca1.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/getopn.pl...
At the most basic level, and at every point thereafter, marriage is distinct from ss couples.

From start to finish, and in the end, ss couples will only ever be a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#42103 Sep 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
At the most basic level, and at every point thereafter, marriage is distinct from ss couples.
From start to finish, and in the end, ss couples will only ever be a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.
Given that, You should probably get a divorce, inasmuch as your marriage is now a sterile plural marriage. If you can't breed babies, you're not pleasing in God's eyes.

Too bad you'll never be in a real marriage, like mine.

Location hidden

#42104 Sep 20, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Given that, You should probably get a divorce, inasmuch as your marriage is now a sterile plural marriage. If you can't breed babies, you're not pleasing in God's eyes.
My marriage produced two sons.

Your relationship?

Hemorrhoids.

See the difference?

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#42105 Sep 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
My marriage produced two sons.
Your relationship?
Hemorrhoids.
See the difference?
Two boys, one girl. See the difference?

No hemorrhoids, though I can't imagine why you like to think so much about my backside. Whatever, fruit-loops.

You should probably get a divorce, given that your marriage is now a sterile plural marriage. If you can't breed babies, you're not pleasing in God's eyes.

Location hidden

#42106 Sep 20, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Two boys, one girl. See the difference?
No hemorrhoids, though I can't imagine why you like to think so much about my backside. Whatever, fruit-loops.
You should probably get a divorce, given that your marriage is now a sterile plural marriage. If you can't breed babies, you're not pleasing in God's eyes.
I keep my vows.

Your relationship is barren and abusive.

AOL

#42109 Sep 21, 2013
womanizer wrote:
What about the lifespan of homosexuals? Studies have shown that the average year of death for homosexuals is somewhere between 45 and 52 years! Compare this to 70+ years old for heterosexual deaths. And these deaths are not only from AIDS. Sadly, the murder rate (100 times more likely than heterosexuals) and the suicide rate (25 times more likely) are much higher among homosexuals. Why? Because homosexuals are not happy people. The term they use to describe themselves,“gay”, is a misnomer. Anybody that disagrees with them is immediately pounced upon with extreme anger. This is so evident if you ever go to any of their websites and read their comments after an article is published on their lifestyle. Anger leads to a lot of bad things, including suicide and murder
You promote the false information that fuels the anger you recognize. It is the prejudice you promote which results in the harm your exaggerations and misrepresentations recognize.

Gay people have the same life expectancy of others. The "study" you have seen is simply wrong. It is old, and was based on people who are HIV positive, ignoring HIV is the variable, and it affects straight people as well as gay people equally. Yet today, modern medicines have changed that rate to nearly the same as those not affected. It can still be a deadly disease, but many live a long time and sexual orientation is not the determining variable, but being HIV positive. Most gay people are not HIV positive.

While gay youth have a suicide rate around 4 times, not 25 times that of their straight peers, it is the prejudice you promote that drives too many over the edge.

"Being lesbian, gay, bisexual and/or transgender is not a risk factor for suicide," Powers emphasized. "Actually, it is the social stigma and discrimination that LGBT youth experience that results in feelings and behaviors which are, in turn, associated with suicidal behavior." The American Association of Suicidology.

The Prejudice and discrimination you promote causes needless suffering and death.

AOL

#42110 Sep 21, 2013
womanizer wrote:
A long time ago, the homosexuals had a very good argument –“What we do in the privacy of our own home is no one else’s business, so leave us alone”... or health care, and therefore you hate me, and I will take it out on you accordingly.” That is a sure fire way for society to break down into hooliganism.
A not so long time ago, gay people were still fighting laws that allowed them to be arrested, imprisoned, and tortured for simply being gay. But even then, full equality as required by the constitution was the goal. Marriage is simply the last of the major laws that target gay people for denial of equal protection of the laws.

We are not talking about what health care or transportation laws should apply to everyone equally. We are still discussing laws that protect fundamental rights for some, and deny those same rights to others, in violation of the 5th and 14th amendment requirements of equal protections of the law for all persons.

AOL

#42111 Sep 21, 2013
"To assert that homosexuality is not a mental disorder does not mean that all gay and lesbian people are free of emotional problems or mental illness. In fact, some studies suggest that while most gays and lesbians are well adjusted, some (especially those subjected to harassment and prejudice or living in cultures extremely intolerant of homosexuality) are at risk for higher levels of depression and anxiety (Meyer, 2003, Cochran & Mays, 2006). This is a logical and expected correlation. Depression and anxiety are common, understandable reactions to societal prejudice, religious condemnation, employment discrimination, and familial rejection." (APA)

AOL

#42112 Sep 21, 2013
"When it comes to the question of whether homosexuality is a mental disorder, scientific research is unanimous -- it is not. Despite that research, however, many religious and political groups continue to selectively quote scientific literature to buttress arguments that homosexuality is a pathology. They often take scientific literature out of context or extrapolate information from studies that focus on other populations. Their goal is to use scientific studies to bolster arguments against giving gay and lesbian people political or civil rights." (APA)

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#42113 Sep 21, 2013
womanizer wrote:
A long time ago.... That is a sure fire way for society to break down into hooliganism.
Drama Queen. BTW, If I were you, I wouldn't look up at the sky.

Location hidden

#42114 Sep 21, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
You promote the false information that fuels the anger you recognize. It is the prejudice you promote which results in the harm your exaggerations and misrepresentations recognize.
Gay people have the same life expectancy of others. The "study" you have seen is simply wrong. It is old, and was based on people who are HIV positive, ignoring HIV is the variable, and it affects straight people as well as gay people equally. Yet today, modern medicines have changed that rate to nearly the same as those not affected. It can still be a deadly disease, but many live a long time and sexual orientation is not the determining variable, but being HIV positive. Most gay people are not HIV positive.
While gay youth have a suicide rate around 4 times, not 25 times that of their straight peers, it is the prejudice you promote that drives too many over the edge.
"Being lesbian, gay, bisexual and/or transgender is not a risk factor for suicide," Powers emphasized. "Actually, it is the social stigma and discrimination that LGBT youth experience that results in feelings and behaviors which are, in turn, associated with suicidal behavior." The American Association of Suicidology.
The Prejudice and discrimination you promote causes needless suffering and death.
There is no possible way that gay men can have the same life span as heterosexual men with the much higher percentage of HIV. That is just one of other major issues gays face.

Location hidden

#42115 Sep 21, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
"When it comes to the question of whether homosexuality is a mental disorder, scientific research is unanimous -- it is not. Despite that research, however, many religious and political groups continue to selectively quote scientific literature to buttress arguments that homosexuality is a pathology. They often take scientific literature out of context or extrapolate information from studies that focus on other populations. Their goal is to use scientific studies to bolster arguments against giving gay and lesbian people political or civil rights." (APA)
Until the cause of homosexuality is discovered, it is impossible to confirm anything. Any organization or person that does so only disqualifies themselves.

Moreover, the absolute sterility of a gay relationship irrefutably leans the orientation towards an abnormality.

Additionally, epi-genetics is likely going to confirm homosexuality as a epi-marker mistake.

AOL

#42116 Sep 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Until the cause of homosexuality is discovered, it is impossible to confirm anything. Any organization or person that does so only disqualifies themselves.
Moreover, the absolute sterility of a gay relationship irrefutably leans the orientation towards an abnormality.
Additionally, epi-genetics is likely going to confirm homosexuality as a epi-marker mistake.
If, as you claim, you are a genetic mistake, you know genetic mistakes have nothing to do with equal protections of the law for all persons.

Your belief being gay is not a natural expression of being human for some, is irrelevant. As neither procreation ability nor ability to have sex are requirements for marriage to remain a fundamental right of all persons, your gender requirement is irrational. It provides no benefits, while harming same sex couples needlessly.

AOL

#42117 Sep 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no possible way that gay men can have the same life span as heterosexual men with the much higher percentage of HIV. That is just one of other major issues gays face.
You are still confused.

Sexual orientation has no significant impact on life expectancy.

Gay people have the same expectation as straight people who are similarly situated.

Straight and gay people who have HIV, on average, now have a reduced expectancy of a year or two. Modern medication have changed the expectancy, though it is important to note, straight and gay, they don't always work the same for everyone.

Most gay people do not have HIV.

Comparing rates of gay people who are infected with straight people who are not, is a dishonest and incorrect application of the data. But as always, irrational prejudice remains your only excuse for harming others.

AOL

#42127 Sep 21, 2013
Same old lies under a different name.

I didn't realize I was dealing with the hate spam troll.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#42128 Sep 21, 2013
KiMerde's Medusa rears one its ugly heads.

Location hidden

#42129 Sep 21, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
If, as you claim, you are a genetic mistake, you know genetic mistakes have nothing to do with equal protections of the law for all persons.
Your belief being gay is not a natural expression of being human for some, is irrelevant. As neither procreation ability nor ability to have sex are requirements for marriage to remain a fundamental right of all persons, your gender requirement is irrational. It provides no benefits, while harming same sex couples needlessly.
SS couples are not equal to marriage.

Never have I insinuated that a sexual disorder disqualifies someone from being human. My sexual disorder is certainly a greater extreme than yours.

A married couple needs protection NOT to procreate, hence the idea that they should be required to procreate is nothing more than gay idiocy.

A gay couple needs protection to have fake intercourse. And even then, it is still a horrible and demeaning abuse.

Additionally, to claim that a momentus deception imposing an imposter relationship on marriage will have no impact is incredible stupidity. The same claim was pandered about no-fault divorce and abortion the last two times the courts intervened in marriage and family.

But that stupid claim is simply a diversion from the real question. Are ss couples equal to marriage? Not at a single point of identity. Not one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sparta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
part-time marissa police officers (Oct '13) 12 hr Smiles 33
Christmas Fri Santa 1
Thomas Tindall (Feb '14) Dec 9 any random finney 14
Holiday Happenings Vendor & Craft Show Dec. 11t... Dec 7 Just Visiting 2
trying to find mirchell w. asbury (Nov '13) Dec 6 Friend 2
Coulterville Murder on Fri. The 7th 2014 ??? Dec 6 Neighbor 5
suboxone Dec 2 hmm.. 2
Sparta Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Sparta People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Sparta News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Sparta

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:02 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:02AM
The Coach That Could Turn Around Bears
Bleacher Report11:28 AM
Jay Cutler Rumors: Latest Details, Speculation on Bears QB's Future
NBC Sports12:33 PM
1 thing even Rahm can't fix: Da Bears - NBC Sports
ESPN 7:36 AM
Sources: Goodell says no L.A. team in 2015
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler