Sparta's new Central Park

Posted in the Sparta Forum

attaboy

Sparta, IL

#1 Feb 16, 2013
Many thanks to our city fathers/mothers for the beautiful central park. DO THEY HAVE THE GUTS TO PRESERVE IT? It's great to see the children playing and in the spring it is like a booming ground for birds. Please do not do anything to it: it does not need fancy playground equipment!; all it needs is some good grass and keep the dogwalkers off!; OR MAKE THEM CLEAN UP AFTER THEM!
mec2

Sparta, IL

#2 Feb 20, 2013
attaboy wrote:
Many thanks to our city fathers/mothers for the beautiful central park. DO THEY HAVE THE GUTS TO PRESERVE IT? It's great to see the children playing and in the spring it is like a booming ground for birds. Please do not do anything to it: it does not need fancy playground equipment!; all it needs is some good grass and keep the dogwalkers off!; OR MAKE THEM CLEAN UP AFTER THEM!
Nice hills they built for the kids, maybe a hill or 2 would be o.k.?
Icit2

Sparta, IL

#3 Mar 25, 2013
So! The hill was only horse manure, that's what they feed us while lining their own pockets. Looks like we've been sold out again for another Linclon/911 Memorial. Watch them build another(just what we need)slum housing development. No one will stand up and admit I made a mistake with taxpayers $ but made a bundle myself, and got my son-in-law a good job. They will be long gone, hiding in the closet counting their riches.
IBANANAS

Sparta, IL

#4 Aug 5, 2013
In the St. Louis news and elsewhere neighbors are oposing new developments: NIMBY (not in my back yard)where no guarantee is given they will not adversly effect their neighborhood.

Approvals are being reconsidered.

Is it too late for our Central Park site? We have no guarantee that roads and traffic will not be a problem or that the units will not become slum housing if they cannot be leased to seniors. We can all see the Habitat failure. Are we in for another 911/Lincoln Memorial fiasco; this would not be allowed to happen in "North town".
pasrby

Sparta, IL

#5 Jan 21, 2014
I wouldn't want Cedarhurst for a neighbor ! From what I see driving by: they have closed (in a secret deal with the city?) the most direct route from midtown to the schools without consulting those effected. They have left a big open pit along Market street just waiting for a bad accident to happen. They tore up the street in front of Huey's garage so they couldn't get in and out. The drag mud out onto the streets and do not clean it up. They have dug a big open pit to attract youngsters when it fills with water, havent fenced it, they must expect neighbor mothers to patrol it with switches. They are tearing down any house they can get their hands on, will they make up the lost taxes ?
They have not told anyone what they are doing !
alchy

Columbia, IL

#6 Jan 22, 2014
pasrby wrote:
I wouldn't want Cedarhurst for a neighbor ! From what I see driving by: they have closed (in a secret deal with the city?) the most direct route from midtown to the schools without consulting those effected. They have left a big open pit along Market street just waiting for a bad accident to happen. They tore up the street in front of Huey's garage so they couldn't get in and out. The drag mud out onto the streets and do not clean it up. They have dug a big open pit to attract youngsters when it fills with water, havent fenced it, they must expect neighbor mothers to patrol it with switches. They are tearing down any house they can get their hands on, will they make up the lost taxes ?
They have not told anyone what they are doing !
They are finally fixing Market street and thats a good thing
pasr2

Sparta, IL

#7 Jan 24, 2014
I bet Cedarhurst is not contributing 1 cent to the road repair (if it ever happens) its been bad some 50 years now and getting worse. Their only contribution will be more floodwater to close the road more often.
nmyby

Sparta, IL

#8 Jan 28, 2014
That sounds typical of Sparta government, increase the flooding and close the detour.
passr

Sparta, IL

#9 Jun 30, 2014
That open pit is a "skeeter swamp" all ready for snappers, cottonmouths, gators and the like to prey on little children next door !
hit2much

Sparta, IL

#10 Sep 9, 2014
I wouldn't want them for a neighbor, just look at that deep snake pit that will attract neighbor kids; they say it is for stormwater when they had a whole big front lawn they could have spread it out on and not drown anyone.
toldU

Sparta, IL

#11 Oct 3, 2014
hit2much wrote:
I wouldn't want them for a neighbor, just look at that deep snake pit that will attract neighbor kids; they say it is for stormwater when they had a whole big front lawn they could have spread it out on and not drown anyone.
Guess what ! That hog waller does not work, the state route still floods !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sparta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marissa, IL man accused of sexually assaulting ... (Aug '12) Wed missy 3
RIP Charles Kelley Tue RIP 1
Who do you support for State Senate in Illinois... (Oct '10) Nov 21 SlickDick 28
Billy Parmer Nov 16 Bright Eyes 2
Coulterville Murder on Fri. The 7th 2014 ??? Nov 10 The Real Thing 4
Where is Marissa Fire Department? (Jan '14) Nov 9 tiredofGeneTriefe... 37
Dr.Kumar Nov 8 Cville IL Resident 2
Sparta Dating
Find my Match

Sparta People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Sparta News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Sparta

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]