Three Pitbulls attack couple as they walk in there neighborhood.

Posted in the Sparr Forum

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated May 2, 2013
Sara

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Three Pitbulls attack, and maul couple as they walk in there neighborhood.
Ellen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

PORT ORANGE, Fla.-

Advertisement

LocalNews

Owner angry after dog killed by pit bull October 24, 2012 06:17 PM EDT

A Port Orange woman says a pit bull killed her Pomeranian when they were out on a walk, and the pit bull wasn't even quarantined or labeled "dangerous."

Lisa Moyer said she was walking her 8-pound dog, Louie, with another small dog. Both were on leashes when a pit bull charged near the mailboxes at her apartment complex.

"I'm screaming. He's got Louie in his mouth," Moyer said.

Moyer said the pit bull left Louie on the ground, barely alive. Louie looked at Moyer, wagged his tail twice and died in her arms.

Moyer buried her 4-year-old rescue dog outside her home.

The owners of the pit bull, who live just around the corner, were cited for not having the dog on a leash and not having a city license, but the pit bull was not quarantined or surrendered. It was not labeled dangerous.

"It could have been a 2-year-old child. It could have been your grandmother," said Moyer. "When they behave that badly, they don't deserve a second chance."

Moyer said the laws are tougher if a dog attacks a person, but she thinks owners of dogs that kill should be criminally cited so that there's a real punishment.

She'd call it Louie's Law, and she's working Facebook to get support.

Moyer has already heard back from a few legislators they emailed about changes to the law, but with the election so close, that's where their focus is.
Ellen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

PORT ORANGE FL - PIT BULL ATTACKED 2-YEAR-OLD BOY BITING HIM IN THE FACE AND HEAD -HE'S BEING TREATED IN INTENSIVE CARE !!! NEIGHBORS REPORT HE WAS SCALPED !!!!!!!

"MY SON NEVER TOUCHED THE DOG !!! IT CAME OUT OF NOWHERE.$20,000 MEDICAL BILL AND RISING AND WE DON'T HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY TO PAY !!! THE DOG DID A LOT OF DAMAGE TO MY SON'S FACE."

UPDATE: Nov 11, 2011 - NEIGHBOR STATES IT LOOKED LIKE THE BABY HAD BEEN SCALPED !!!!!!!!!! VIDEO: http://www.wesh.com/r/29722323/detail.html

UPDATE: ORLANDO, Fla.(WOFL FOX 35)-A 2-year-old boy is being treated in the intensive care unit at Florida Hospital, after he was attacked by a pit bull.

Jeffrey Elwell was visiting his grandmother in Port Orange, when a pit bull suddenly attacked him.

"I was screaming, I was screaming,'Help, help! Call 911! I seen people come out, and all I could do was think ambulance hurry and get here so my son is safe," said Jeffrey's mother, Julie Houghton. She said the pit bull belongs to a woman who also lives in her grandmother's home and that her son never touched the dog. "He came out of no where," she said.

Neighbors said Jeffery's father ran outside with his son in a panic. That's when people nearby called 911. "I'm like this, going, kicking trying to get this dog off my son, " said Jeffrey Elwell Senior who told us that the dog did a lot of damage to the little boy's face.

As Jeffrey recovers in the hospital, his parents deal with more stress. "The bills are going to be over $20,000 and we don't have that kind of money to pay," Julie said. "It makes me feel horrible. I hope this dog gets put to sleep."

Port Orange Police are still investigating and have yet to determine the owner will face any charges or if the dog will be put down. Meanwhile, Jeff and Julie pray their son makes a full recovery.

"Does he say anything to you? He says momma and he'll cry. I tried to give him a drink and he wouldn't take it because it hurts so bad."

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/orange_n... __________

Wed - Nov 9, 2011 - A 2-year-old boy was hospitalized in critical but stable condition after police said he was attacked by a pit bull. Investigators said the attack happened Tuesday afternoon on Leslie Drive, in Port Orange.

According to a family member, the dog bit the boy in the face and head.

A report from Port Orange police identified the dog as a pit bull. Officials said the dog belongs to a family friend.

The dog was taken to one of the several Humane Societies in Volusia County. Police said there were no charges as of Wednesday morning.
Ellen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

This women does not run a pet rescue!
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Ellen wrote:
PORT ORANGE, Fla.-
Advertisement
LocalNews
Owner angry after dog killed by pit bull October 24, 2012 06:17 PM EDT
A Port Orange woman says a pit bull killed her Pomeranian when they were out on a walk, and the pit bull wasn't even quarantined or labeled "dangerous."
Lisa Moyer said she was walking her 8-pound dog, Louie, with another small dog. Both were on leashes when a pit bull charged near the mailboxes at her apartment complex.
"I'm screaming. He's got Louie in his mouth," Moyer said.
Moyer said the pit bull left Louie on the ground, barely alive. Louie looked at Moyer, wagged his tail twice and died in her arms.
Moyer buried her 4-year-old rescue dog outside her home.
The owners of the pit bull, who live just around the corner, were cited for not having the dog on a leash and not having a city license, but the pit bull was not quarantined or surrendered. It was not labeled dangerous.
"It could have been a 2-year-old child. It could have been your grandmother," said Moyer. "When they behave that badly, they don't deserve a second chance."
Moyer said the laws are tougher if a dog attacks a person, but she thinks owners of dogs that kill should be criminally cited so that there's a real punishment.
She'd call it Louie's Law, and she's working Facebook to get support.
Moyer has already heard back from a few legislators they emailed about changes to the law, but with the election so close, that's where their focus is.
The news report told one side of the story. Typical- news Journal
yes

Fort Walton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

GET A 12 GA.!!
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Some owners will say that pitbulls just have a bad reputation. No one can really base that on fact. After awhile people begin to believe what they hear. The first question might be is this dog a mix or a pitbull ? Good question. If they are a big problem why not just send them to obedience school?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Sparr Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Sparr Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••