Fireworks Legal Some Places at Pyramid Lake

May 28, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KTVN Reno

The Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe has approved the use of fireworks for the first time on some parts of its reservation.

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated May 16, 2014
Jeff with a J

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2011

Yeah, so why do they sell them in other places in Nevada, like out by Walker Lake... I would think that the Native Americans would have more respect for there lake and surrounding areas.

The spent rockets, and miscellaneous debris into the lake can't be good for the fish and especially the prized Qui-Qui or whatever it is called.

Just another way to make some easy money and not have to work for it, or devise some industry to utilize the resources you have on the 'Res'.

I for one will stay away and not buy any of these her or anywhere else.

I prefer to go sit in my lawn chair and enjoy a professional fireworks display.
Jeff

Fernley, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2011

I think they will rethink this after they have a wildfire or three. When you mix fireworks, alcohol, and stupid people you know it is not going to go well.
beaglelover

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2011

I was really upset about this decision,and frankly surprised. The lake is a place of beauty,peace,and tranquil surroundings. How will the Pelicans react to this?. We stay away from Fireworks, we have a dog,and prefer to sit on our deck and look at the stars. The true fireworks.
Dylan

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2011

Great idea to have a place where people can go and and enjoy lighting off some fireworks for the Independece day holiday. Many other western states make it completely legal to light fireworks. I think this is a nice happy medium between complete legalization and having them be completely illegal.
Good for the tribe coming up with a way to make some additional income and help others to have a good time. What has that fucking Qui-Qui done for anyone lately?
2shoes

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

As long as there are safety rules I think the Cuiui Dokado have a good idea. I go along with Dylan.
Mystee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

I think it is a great idea that fireworks are allowed at Pyramid Lake. It's fun for the whole family. Why not?
Mystee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

You're no fun...
Tracey

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

I agree 100% with what Jeff has to say. Indians always seem to talk about how precious their land is. Why potentially expose it to a wildfire? I suppose the money factor makes it all ok. If their land is so precious, why did they trade it for beads in the 1st place, then claim the white man stole it. Those must have been some impressive beads.
joe

Pico Rivera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

I think it is awsome to be able to have a place to light off some fire works. I remeber as a kid lighting them off and it takes me back to the good ol days.and it bring a nice amount of cash to the res.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2014

You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sparks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Nevada in... (Oct '10) Aug 20 Whooooooo 788
Is Reno, NV a "hide-out" for the U.S. Marshal's... Aug 18 Jose 4
African American Concert plans to destroy Reno Aug 18 Jerome 4
Pat Hambright Aug 10 Local 4
Reno Nortenos Recruiting Gay Males Aug 8 Colin 1
Girls Gone Wild founder hires new lawyer (Feb '08) Aug 8 WM BINNEY for PREZ 11
Review: Happy Dayze Jun '14 charlene 1

Search the Sparks Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Sparks Jobs

•••