Oak Island man charged with drug traf...

Oak Island man charged with drug trafficking

There are 128 comments on the Brunswick Beacon story from Oct 14, 2008, titled Oak Island man charged with drug trafficking. In it, Brunswick Beacon reports that:

An Oak Island man has been arrested and charged with trafficking drugs. According to arrest reports, Timothy Ray Dobbs, 48, of 250 North East 64th St., Oak Island, has been charged with three counts of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brunswick Beacon.

Body Shop

Wilmington, NC

#21 Mar 22, 2009
I work next door to docs office. I see him up here milling around. He is a plague to us in back. The boss dont care for him bringing around his stuff either.
not a client

Wilmington, NC

#22 Mar 24, 2009
My kids attend functions where he is present. It seems he lives different lives for on public grounds and another for party and drug matters. I think it best this is left for the Law. As stated above if they have evidence it will be presented at trial. I had not been to topix in a while and got a kick out of being called fat.that was pretty funny.
southport resident new

Wilmington, NC

#23 Mar 24, 2009
Oak ISland Native wrote:
go to Urgent Care on Long Beach Rd and EVERYTIME you will see Tim in there with his biker shorts a lil back pack waiting to see Dr. Forstner to get more meds!!!!!!
JUSTICE IS SERVED
I hope this Doc is not involved.I have been to this clinic with a cut hand and thought it was good care part of the reason we moved here. the good part of small town life.
Oak ISlan Native

Wilmington, NC

#24 Apr 27, 2009
i hope this doctor wasn't involved either considering he was my childhood physician when he had his own office across from dosher.

but i do hope that TIM is fully convicted

when you are friends with people he has dealt with... and when you also have friends who have OVERDOSED (Jeremy Beardsley just last week)

I hope that you can take a step back and think about what pharmaceuticals are doing to MY generation...which is altering it permanently
Not a client

Wilmington, NC

#25 Apr 28, 2009
Oak Island native has it right. New charges are going to be in the paper. This time for Street drugs. Overdoses Norman H. was one of Tims guys. Travis and many more. Oh the name calling. We will be at court as to help the DA see u there.
Oak Island Native

Wilmington, NC

#26 Apr 29, 2009
I have to agree with you "Not a client"

I am the same age as is son, and grew up with them. While it is not the "dealers" direct fault, things like this are constantly looked over.

Most of these "operation" drug busts have been aimed towards marijuana. Yet has that ever been the death of anyone?? I think not.

Yes, people have overdosed on cocaine. But not like the "CCC" trend that took the life of an Oak Island teen about 3 years ago. Pharmaceuticals are extremely underrated and fall into the wrong hands quickly.

Whats worse is to think that "medicines" like these on the streets (Xanax, oxycotton, methadone, fetinol patchs, percocets.... you name it and you can find it locally) are prescribed to people to take on a daily basis.

knows X

Southport, NC

#27 Apr 29, 2009
Thank God he will be off the streets soon.Will someone update the court day. I know what her X has been thru. he will want to be there.
Not a Client

Southport, NC

#28 May 2, 2009
Where is all the outrage that this is a smear and not true. Photos depositions did this make itself up???
Southport Resident New

Wilmington, NC

#29 May 4, 2009
Not a Client wrote:
Where is all the outrage that this is a smear and not true. Photos depositions did this make itself up???
I say good for the law. lets keep this a nice place to live.
Southport Resident New

Wilmington, NC

#30 May 8, 2009
Not a Client wrote:
I take it you dont like this guy.His story is about as boring as the 500. dollar tennis shoes. Hey I bet he has some.
incorrect

Reidsville, NC

#31 Jun 15, 2009
i know who this is wrote:
<quoted text> This is his wife's phyco ex-husband-you should see his record
I would like to know how you come to the fact of his wife's ex husband being a physco?
OKI local

Wilmington, NC

#32 Jul 14, 2009
I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THE WORLD THIS MAN IS STILL IN BUSINESS

Since: Jul 09

Avon, IN

#33 Jul 16, 2009
Outraged in Oak Island wrote:
The cops used a kid that they busted several times for growing pot in his house, having a weapon of mass destruction, possesion of several bags of heroin, and many other very serious crimes to basically entrap Tim into giving him the loritab pills (not heroin or opiates or any kind of trafficking as the charges suggest). I personally think it is in the publics best intrest if the informant were the one in court or even better in jail. But instead,Tim, a family man, and well liked established person in the Oak Island Community is facing trumped up, outlandish charges. The way the paper reads Tim's charges sound terrible saying that he was trafficking heroin or opiates and including a mug shot picture of him. I know Tim certaily didn't go out and about trying to sell pills that he has prescribed to him for various pain. Due to having to work on his feet in awkward standing positions all day he is likely in constant pain. Its pretty safe to say the sheriff's dept put the informant up to the harrassing job of calling Mr. Dobbs often, stopping by his place of business, and even showing up at his house. All the while attemting to gain Tim's empathy through made up stories of his own sever pain. So I am guessing after a while of this complaining and badgering the informant eventually asked Tim if he could have some of Tim's pain prescription. More than likely if money was exchanged it was forced on Mr Dobbs by the informant to help build the case against Tim. I have even heard that the informant stole pills from Mr. Dobbs while Tim was busy working and left money to incenuate a drug buy. It wouldn't be outlandish to think that the informant with the charges he is facing did anything and everything he could (legal or not) to get Tim into trouble to help himself. Tim is a hard worker who has no time or intrest in trying to involve himself in any illegal activity. He is a devoted husband, father, and all around nice guy. He is certainly not the drug dealer that that he is being made out to be in the Brunswick Beacon. So while Tim works hard, supports a family, and is forced to now deal with these allegations, a heroin addicted informant is working hard for our Sheriff Dept trying to work off his long list of serious crimes by coaxing, setting up, and entraping unsuspecting people. All of which is being wasted on our tax dollars. I think I would prefer my tax dollars being spent in geting this grimey informant incarcerated, rather than the DA wasting time and money charging a genuine good person like Tim. Unlile the person who set Tim up and is roaming around Oak Island care free, Tim actually learns a lesson if and when he makes a mistake.
If Tim was doing nothing wrong they wouldn't have been suspecting him of something enough to send someone to bait him. He should have known that it's wrong to give someone your prescription medications. Anyone knows that!

When someone is set up for a sting there's a good reason. Just like people always talk about cops being at "speed traps"...well, if you're not speeding, you don't have to worry about it, do you?????
livin on joke island

Burgaw, NC

#34 Jul 17, 2009
Three Dog Night wrote:
<quoted text>
If Tim was doing nothing wrong they wouldn't have been suspecting him of something enough to send someone to bait him. He should have known that it's wrong to give someone your prescription medications. Anyone knows that!
When someone is set up for a sting there's a good reason. Just like people always talk about cops being at "speed traps"...well, if you're not speeding, you don't have to worry about it, do you?????
Do you even know this man?
I do know him and I have never seen him do anything wrong or illegal since I met him. I do know the sleezeball,punk kid that the sheriff dept is using and he is a real piece of work. He is nothing more than a thug wanna be.
anonymous

Wilmington, NC

#35 Jul 17, 2009
livin on joke island wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know him and I have never seen him do anything wrong or illegal since I met him. I do know the sleezeball,punk kid that the sheriff dept is using and he is a real piece of work. He is nothing more than a thug wanna be.
Considering the fact that i have bought pills myself from mr dobbs before he got into trouble

i think i speak for Tim himself.

thanks man :)

Since: Jul 09

Avon, IN

#36 Jul 17, 2009
livin on joke island wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you have never seen him do anything wrong doesn't mean that he hasn't. Are you saying that the Sheriff's Department just randomly chose this man to pick on? Yeah, right!
Unreal

Chesterfield, MO

#37 Aug 17, 2009
The worst thing possible has happened he recieved 50 to 84 months in jail. he has no previous record what an outlandish sentence.
cast the first stone

Southport, NC

#38 Aug 17, 2009
For those of you who have no sin...cast the first stone! I have seen worse crimes on Oak Island...that the law has turned their nose up at...I know Mr. Dobbs and I think maybe he needed medical help instead of prison...Look at all the hard drugs and criminals that are on Oak Island today...I don't think this is justice!!!
snitch kyle

Wilmington, NC

#39 Aug 18, 2009
well snitch kyle has really done it this time way to go you p**sy piece of sh*t! Its coming boy and its not going to be pretty when it arrives! You better dump all the junk in your veins you can, while you can Anheman, so hard to believe you got caught twice w/ heroin (real heroin, not pills), growing weed, and illegal weapons and your free, because you bought a few PRESCRIBED pills from someone. You think your a cop now and you can't be touched, but they will be done with you soon, and that lil bullet proof vest of protection won't be there, I honestly urge you to move back up north with your addict father, your mom at BB&T on Oak Island must be so proud. You left two kids without a father for 5 years, you feel that breeze, I do , its the shit storm fa**ot and its coming at YOU!
Medford, OR

#40 Aug 18, 2009
Talk about a snitch. He just got his own medecine.
All the Inmates at central know the snitch is on the way. welcome to the laundry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Study: NC gets 'D' for climate change policies Nov 15 SMH 1
News Beach town officials consider biker invitation (Mar '11) Nov 14 The Roller 11
News Hang Ten Grill Announces Daily Specials (Oct '12) Nov 13 dflyfishing 2
Review: Ida Thai (May '10) Nov 13 dflyfishing 10
News Police Arrest Man For Playing Guitar On Boardwa... (Sep '10) Nov 13 Rregg 7
How much is Oak Island in Debt from the Sewer S... Nov 5 SouthportResident 1
Aaron Kennedy (kennedy appliance repair Oct '17 Kim wilcox 4

Southport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Southport Mortgages