James Bissett, Long Island Aquarium Owner, Found Dead in Apparent Suicide

Dec 16, 2011 Full story: International Business Times 2,864

James Bissett, the co-owner of Long Island Aquarium, was found dead Wednesday night in what police are calling an apparent suicide.

Full Story
Larry Krohn

PopayŠn, Colombia

#21 Dec 18, 2011
RIP Jimmy...............
kurt

Patchogue, NY

#22 Dec 18, 2011
Mark G wrote:
cant understand what drives a man to shoot himself, in any event but my sympathy to his family in this holiday season. i sure there must be some things coming to a head soon bankruptcies, and repossesions he must have known and was scared of whats coming.
your a scumbag dude. Jim was good people.
watch your disrespectful talk.
kurt

Patchogue, NY

#23 Dec 18, 2011
John S wrote:
suicide is just wrong, it destroys much more than yourself. it the easy and selfish and cowardly way out of problems. my prayer goes to his family and children, for strength during this time.
keep it to yourself. and your prayers. they don't need people like you or your pseudo faith.
Go read a book or something instead of cyber talking about a bad situation.
good time to look in your own mirror chump.
Friend

Deer Park, NY

#25 Dec 18, 2011
Jimmy Bissett was one of most giving people you'd ever want to meet and everyone will tell you that. A visionary,look at the his accomplishments. You were a lucky person if he had entered your life, his smile, his cheer. Remember and cherish his memory for all the good he did and happiness he brought into your life. Mourn the loss of a great man. Rest in Peace Jimmy.
From a Marina Member

Wading River, NY

#26 Dec 18, 2011
For those that are posting all these negative comments you should be shameful and disgraceful. I spent several Sunny Days out on his boat and he treated me and my wife like long time friends not just marina members. His dedication, vision, commitment have kept Riverhead alive. Thoughts and prayers to his family in this difficult time.
KAte

Flushing, NY

#27 Dec 18, 2011
All of you moronic scumbags posting negative things about such a great person should be ashamed of yourselves. It really says alot about your character to post such horrible things about an amazing man during this terrible time. You really need to get a life and go f*ck yourselves.
Kharney

Mastic, NY

#28 Dec 18, 2011
Jimmy will be missed. The most generous person I've ever met. Give you the shirt off his back. The world lost a good one. My prayers to his family.
linda b

Brooklyn, NY

#29 Dec 18, 2011
Wonderful man and fathfer. May he rest in peace .
RED

Mount Airy, NC

#30 Dec 19, 2011
When a person life is in turmoil and things seem so overwhelming, sometimes we do things we shouldn't. A kind, loving and generous person,(even though he has money) can make mistakes to. Because he has money has nothing to do with it. You feel you have let others down and don't know how to fix things. All of us in this world has done something at one time or another that was wrong and hurt our own families. Maybe not on this level, but none of us are perfect. Don't past judgement on him. Pray for his family to be able to deal with all that is to come. For he couldn't have been in his right mind and want to leave all this pain and hurt and confusion on his family Much less all the legal mes to come. Be nice or don't say anything at all. Thanks
Kevin H

Springfield Gardens, NY

#31 Dec 19, 2011
tom wrote:
money, greed, and businesses not doing well at all! unreal for his family before christmas
Also a lack of faith and believe in Almighty God Jesus Christ is a Big reason the Devil causes non-christians to do such a horrible thing! You need Jesus to put you in a safe zone! God Jesus?
Kevin H

Springfield Gardens, NY

#32 Dec 19, 2011
Also a lack of faith and believe in Almighty God Jesus Christ is a Big reason the Devil causes non-christians to do such a horrible thing! You need Jesus to put you in a safe zone! God Jesus?
Frank R

Bronx, NY

#33 Dec 19, 2011
i feel bad for him truly, he was a nice man and sincere, and a real visionary. although its hard for me to respect suicide. yes jimmy was a awesome man, but you just dont leave your mess to other including his children and new wife. no matter how hard life gets theres no excuse, suicide destroys alot. i pray for his family
Frank R

Bronx, NY

#34 Dec 19, 2011
Kevin H wrote:
your right jimmy needed jesus the living god
Jill

Patchogue, NY

#35 Dec 19, 2011
Jimmy was a great man. I babysat his children when they were younger. He was a great father and a wonderful person. If you don't know someone you shouldn't make all these rude comments. Keep it to yourself. The family is going through enough already. Rip jimmy! Xoxo. My thoughts and prayers to his children and family.
Tisha Carwash

Brooklyn, NY

#36 Dec 20, 2011
Jimmy
We will forever miss and love you.
Carol

Stony Brook, NY

#37 Dec 20, 2011
Thoughts and prayers to Jimmy and his family. I only wish he had reached out to someone.
Eddie

Bronx, NY

#38 Dec 20, 2011
Carol wrote:
Thoughts and prayers to Jimmy and his family. I only wish he had reached out to someone.
agreed, suicide is terrible! how can he do this to his family and all his employees, i guess he just stopped caring. i feel terrible.
zks

Brooklyn, NY

#39 Dec 20, 2011
tom wrote:
money, greed, and businesses not doing well at all! unreal for his family before christmas
you should look up the quote about "assuming" things. Its quite clear you didn't know him,or his family, for if you did-you would've known that the comment you made was a complete lie.
Gayle

Goshen, NY

#40 Dec 20, 2011
My late husband worked at Bissett Nursery for some time and thought the world of Jimmy.
I never knew him to be anything but kind,generous, and compassionate. My heart breaks for his family and friends. I know he will be truly missed.
Bill

West Chester, PA

#41 Dec 30, 2011
Guy killed himself and left his gold-digger wife with all his baggage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southold Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cable vision Mar 2 Martin74 1
Community Reading Feb 18 Zombie Corpse Rental 1
Missing Greenport man Mike Murphy Feb 6 NYavel 2
Sag Harbor Resident Joins Business Law Firm Jan '15 Leachmark707 1
Police: Supervisor Scott Russell Involved in Si... Nov '14 tne martian 1
East end Deer Management Sep '14 Archer36 1
Police halt road rage battle in Cutchogue (Jan '08) Sep '14 Bobby fox 22

Southold News Video

Southold Dating
Find my Match