Drug Task Force Raids Bar, Homes; Arr...

Drug Task Force Raids Bar, Homes; Arrests Made

There are 161 comments on the NBC 30 Hartford story from Mar 1, 2008, titled Drug Task Force Raids Bar, Homes; Arrests Made. In it, NBC 30 Hartford reports that:

Southington police have closed a local bar and arrested two men after a drug raid on the establishment and area homes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 30 Hartford.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
A Concerned Citizen

Southington, CT

#1 Mar 1, 2008
I'm disgusted that NBC30 allows reporters to release stories without verifying the facts in their reports. Your reports imply that the man arrested, David Vitale was in some way affiliated with or employed by the establishment when in fact he was strictly a patron and is not employed by or legally involved with MyBar.
Barbara

UK

#2 Mar 2, 2008
Hats off to Southington's finest for a job well done here. Drug bars are a scourge on our town and should be closed down along with the drug insurance agencies and pedophelia bakeries. Let's reclaim our town from these cancers.
BUISNESS OWNER IN BRISTOL

Bristol, CT

#3 Mar 2, 2008
IN RESPONSE TO THE FIRST MESSAGE POST IN NO WAY DOES THE STORY READ THE OWNER OF THE BAR OR ANY OTHER. IF HES JUST A PATRON OF THE BUISNESS HE IS GUILTY BY AFFILIATION. I CAN ASSURE YOU I DONT ALLOW THIS TYPE OF ACTIVITY AT MY BUISNESS NOR WILL I EVER!
Good

Manchester, CT

#4 Mar 2, 2008
Glad to see it...this place is nothing but trouble,and it spreads to neighboring establishments by nights end.
Barbara

UK

#5 Mar 2, 2008
Well "Concerned", the WTNH news internet web site says that Mr. Vitale is the owner of the Mybar tavern. I don't know the truth but the story on WTNH says he's the owner. So it looks like yet another Southington small business is conducting illegal and immoral activities

The Southington chamber of commerce or should we say chamber of horrors needs to do a review of small businesses in town and ensure that there is no funny business going on. Until then, I will prefer the larger businesses in my town like those on Queen Street. At least we know that big businesses like Applebees and D'Angelo's and McDonalds and Staples and Bank of America are not selling drugs or perversion over the counter. Sheesh! Let's make this town better for our families before it's destroyed by decay.
angry

Hillside, NJ

#6 Mar 2, 2008
ya know, you all are so quick to judge... Dave is a good man, whatever happened to inocent until proven guilty! I bet you all are perfect right? If your lives were put under a microscope, nothing would pop up right? Southington is full of snotty cheating housewives and husbands. Ive worked here for years, and everyone triesto act so perfect, that is, until they think no one is watching!
A Concerned Citizen

Southington, CT

#7 Mar 2, 2008
Well Barbara, my point exactly....The media should get their facts straight and do their homework before reporting on hear say. I repeat, MR. VITALE is NOT the owner nor an employee! Do you think people will remember his name or just that the "owner" of the bar was arrested.
Actually From Southington

Southington, CT

#8 Mar 2, 2008
My husband and I have been patronizing this bar for the past few years, mostly late afternoon on a nice Saturday, sitting outside in the back, listening to music and having a nice, relaxing time with friends. We've never noticed anything unusual or "shady", so what bothers me are the comments such as "this place is nothing but trouble". Neither of us have seen anything that would cause this type of comment. ANY establishment that serves alcohol is at risk of some type of illegal activity on or near the premises.
a bartender at mybar

Colchester, CT

#9 Mar 2, 2008
This is the best bar i have ever worked at. Anyone who thinks this place is nothing but trouble needs to get a life and worry about their own problems.
throw them all in jail

Shelton, CT

#10 Mar 2, 2008
the "nice guy" was arrested after an investigation. they are not charging him with possession and processing on a hunch. He deserves what he gets for being a criminal.
Get a clue

Bristol, CT

#11 Mar 2, 2008
angry wrote:
ya know, you all are so quick to judge... Dave is a good man, whatever happened to inocent until proven guilty! I bet you all are perfect right? If your lives were put under a microscope, nothing would pop up right? Southington is full of snotty cheating housewives and husbands. Ive worked here for years, and everyone triesto act so perfect, that is, until they think no one is watching!
Let me guess, eight charges of POSSESSING drugs...did he not know he had drugs on him? Was somebody holding a gun to his head making him walk around with drugs. Kind of hard to dispute possession.

He should have been more worried about his wife and kids and stayed on the straight and narrow.
southington resident

Southington, CT

#12 Mar 2, 2008
All the bars in downtown southington are involved in illegal drug trafficing every weekend and underage kids in the bars, the police need to be more involved, southington is full of addicts.
glass houses___

Rochester, NY

#13 Mar 3, 2008
Seems everyone is so, so quick to make a judgement based on "Media" reporting. Until ALL the facts are in do not make snap judgements about a person, business or the "reported" facts until they are in. Put your self in someone else's shoes, if this was you, would you want facts or just the inital information with nothing else before condeming and getting on your high horse?
A Friend

United States

#14 Mar 3, 2008
I know this bar very well as I do others. A bar is a bar and there will always be all sorts of customers in a bar. Dave is a good man and he is innocent until proven guilty. Some of you make this sound like it's the Mexican Caretel or something. How about the local police investigate the growing heroin problem in Southington high school for a change.
Booze Day Patron

Sandy Hook, CT

#15 Mar 3, 2008
More importantly, where is the hot bartender going to be working now? New bar? Anyone know?
Get a clue

Bristol, CT

#16 Mar 3, 2008
I didn't get my facts from the media...I got mine from Dave's family and also a relative who was involved in the bust. Don't kid yourself...good people do not sell drugs. He'll be spending some time in prison.
Another Southington-ite

Southington, CT

#17 Mar 3, 2008
Good people do make mistakes. I'll reserve my judgment for when all of the facts come out. (But even then, I won't be so Holier-than-thou as to say he's a good or bad person.)
big deal

Southington, CT

#18 Mar 3, 2008
Life goes on
No Bliss in Ignorance

Redding Ridge, CT

#19 Mar 3, 2008
Excuse me. Having been a regular patron of Mybar for some months now (and not a coke head or a drug addict, if you were curious) I can honestly say that Dave does not own the bar, and that there's a lot of misinformation out there.
It's not a dangerous place - it's not run by the cartel here, people. And honestly, if you think you can go to *any* bar in southington and have it be entirely drug free, you're insane.
The simple truth is, that it was a great place to hang out. The bartenders were great, the regulars (and I'm proud to call myself one) were nice, and the owner is a great guy.
MYBAR's absence is already being felt, and to all the haters who think they knew what was going on - get the facts straight before you judge.
Family

Marion, CT

#20 Mar 3, 2008
Get a clue wrote:
I didn't get my facts from the media...I got mine from Dave's family and also a relative who was involved in the bust. Don't kid yourself...good people do not sell drugs. He'll be spending some time in prison.
David Vitale is a loving Father, Son Husband, and soon to be Grandfather. How DARE you pass such judgement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News FBI at Carabetta Office Building on Center and ... (Jun '11) May 5 Efrain Gonzalez 22
Southwick & Meister (Mar '13) Apr 28 Unhappy Worker 3
News Sessions Woods In Burlington Has It All For Nat... (Oct '08) Apr '17 Jaalynn 7
Kay's Gag Shop (Jun '06) Apr '17 Kim 56
News Town Suing DOC Over Treatment Plant Use (Aug '12) Apr '17 War Monger 2
Looking for a Wilson santiago Mar '17 KING9771 1
News Master Plan Could Cost Half What Was Originally... Mar '17 Michael Lenihan 1

Southington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Southington Mortgages