Teacher quits after 'hot wife' Howard Stern segment

There are 20 comments on the AMNY story from May 9, 2008, titled Teacher quits after 'hot wife' Howard Stern segment. In it, AMNY reports that:

Jarry resigned from her job as a second-grade teacher at Thalberg Elementary School in Southington days after she wore a bikini and talked about her sex life while appearing with her husband on Stern's show.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at AMNY.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Frank

Kitty Hawk, NC

#2 May 11, 2008
Please explain.

Since: Dec 06

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 May 11, 2008
Just another example of how childish and repressed we are as a nation. How does the fact that she appeared in a bikini (assuming that this was not just a radio show and the audience was even able to see her, as is suggested by the article) make her ineligible to teach? She did not break any laws, she did not engage in any activities that would endanger her students. Are we still living in puritanical times where we expect our teachers to be chaste and any evidence to the contrary will do irreperable harm to our delicate children?
Thank You

AOL

#5 May 11, 2008
This goes to show that no good can come of parading yourself in or around that kind of element.
CBD

Littleton, CO

#6 May 11, 2008
Olga Fugyesev wrote:
Well said BenFTL.
Ooohhh, thoughts are bad, especially sexual ones. The United States of Oppression.
Highest sex crime rates. Highest rates of pre-marital births. Highest rates of under age drinking and drugs. More people in jail than any other society.
We are the Taliban of the west. In fact, our current government and powers that be have more in common with the Taliban than differences.
Well, you're just an idiot...Throw out proof to support that comment...Or you could just move to a "less oppressive" country.
AL GOREY

Boca Raton, FL

#7 May 11, 2008
Thank You wrote:
This goes to show that no good can come of parading yourself in or around that kind of element.
RADIO???????
AL GOREY

Boca Raton, FL

#8 May 11, 2008
CBD wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you're just an idiot...Throw out proof to support that comment...Or you could just move to a "less oppressive" country.
I think we should blame it on the Lib Media!
Big Al

AOL

#9 May 11, 2008
OK Church Lady.
Thank You wrote:
DEVO

Aurora, MO

#10 May 11, 2008
More proof that Stern is washed up.
Shouldn't he himself have entered that contest? I mean he's as ugly as they come, but that horse faced girlfriend of his makes even him look not as ugly.
coco

Evanston, IL

#11 May 11, 2008
DEVO wrote:
More proof that Stern is washed up.
Shouldn't he himself have entered that contest? I mean he's as ugly as they come, but that horse faced girlfriend of his makes even him look not as ugly.
LOL!! Couldn't have said it better myself!
coco

Evanston, IL

#13 May 11, 2008
No Different wrote:
Jews.
tee hee hee
Deland

United States

#14 May 11, 2008
When will we get past the pretense of Puritanical purity in this country and just let people live their lives in peace? Why should this teacher have to give up her job because she took part in an entertainment program? Who was harmed by her actions?

Stop the pretense, the hypocrisy and the facade of "family values". We are all human beings. Live and let live.
Wooden Tooth

Delray Beach, FL

#15 May 11, 2008
silly prudes. i would never be a school teacher, ever. i know of 2 cases from my work where stupid kids lied about something a teacher did and they got the teachers fired, and then lo and behold the teachers were vindicated and the kids found to be chronic liars and frauds. they'll smack a teacher if they want or curse at them.

now theachers can't have private lives, much less go on a radio show.

what if she's at a party having a good time and giving someone a fake kiss or something. hey the news could get a copy and run a raunchy exclusive about the cheating and drinking local teacher ... who YOU pay with your tax dollars. and the pay, how about that. lol!

really, only the desparate go into public school teaching anymore.
Wooden Tooth

Delray Beach, FL

#16 May 11, 2008
i meant teachers not theachers. and since i corrected it, now no one can make a stupid joke about it. scooped ya!
what

Tucson, AZ

#18 May 11, 2008
who cares?
bad boy

Hollywood, FL

#19 May 11, 2008
Driven out by sanctimonious hypocrites. The village idiots win again.
Impossible to See

Loganville, GA

#20 May 11, 2008
There's no video on my satellite radio????
Digusted

United States

#21 May 11, 2008
Wonder how much that superintendant has stolen out of the classroom with kickbacks from text book adoption, etc. What hypocrites.
Mr Obvious

United States

#23 May 11, 2008
Heard the WHOLE event, and there honestly wasn't ONE comment worth someone being fired/resigning over.

This country has some HUGE problems, and the thought of some broad losing her teachers position because she appeared on a PAY SERVICE, and spoke about her HUSBAND and their love life is quite disturbing.

Considering all the REAL NUT CASES teachers unions and lawyers have defended over the years to KEEP them teaching our children..then turning their back on a woman who BANGS HER HUSBAND really tells you something about the "system".
Slam Dunk

Westminster, MD

#24 May 11, 2008
Howard Stern is so 90s. He is doing the same old lame schtick he did 20 years ago. Big ego, big mouth, small brain. Hit the delete key.
RACE

United States

#25 May 11, 2008
I saw that hussy! she damn near sat on my lay while I was driving to work. Wearing that piece of floss that only (barely) covered her nipplessss, and that piece of cotton that was protecting her womanhood.....
Please, she is a shameless hussy, came on to me and every other male endowned creature on the planet. Fornicator (no I dont know what that means) Jessabelle (no clue there either, but its bad) My preacher told me I would be tempted by women like you and that to resist your sirene advances, I had to hold his....and say the lords prayer.

Thank god You cannot defile me woman!

Oh, wait, you have beer and a pickup truck???? dagnabbit, nobody tells me this....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steve Joseph Of Cheshire, CT Sanofi harassment ... (Feb '13) May 1 jackofalltrades 11
jerking off with buddies Apr 21 Tru confession guy 1
Medicare Advice at no cost to you Apr 21 IWT Medicare 101 1
Hospital Closing (Aug '14) Apr 9 GreenOrcs 2
Debate: Gay Marriage - Bristol, CT (Jul '10) Apr 7 hellokitty 23
Oil in meriden Apr 6 Daniel 1
News MySpace In Sex Assault Probe (Feb '06) Apr '15 spen 424
More from around the web

Southington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]