First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 07

Southern Shores, NC

#1 Jan 20, 2013
Eric Gardner (owner of Southern Bean Coffee Shop in KH) passed away from a skateboarding accident.
KH local

Smithfield, NC

#2 Jan 20, 2013
So, so sad.
Southern Shores Res

Windsor, NC

#3 Jan 21, 2013
That is sad, from a skateboard accident. Where did that happen? How old was he?
Cps

Olathe, KS

#4 Jan 22, 2013
His obit says it was a stroke.
Really

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#5 Jan 22, 2013
a stroke brought on by a blood clot that was a result of a fall while skateboarding ... may from this day forward, we all enjoy life as much as Eric did.
obx

Angier, NC

#6 Jan 22, 2013
God bless, comfort and strengthen Eric's family and friends as they go through this terrible time. And please everyone, try to get helmets worn while ejoying the wheeled sports a habit by all.

Since: Apr 09

Kitty Hawk, NC

#7 Jan 22, 2013
OK obx, you brought it up. I drive by that park on KH road and almost no one back there has helmets on. And you watch "Fuel" TV and very few of the skateboarders use helmets. I'm sure it looks cooler to just have a stocking cap on.....
chaser

Norfolk, VA

#8 Jan 23, 2013
The skateboarding fall is a rumor and is not the truth.
John Rentz

Gaithersburg, MD

#9 Jan 23, 2013
Here is the link to the obituary:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/nwherald/obi...
Neighbor

Washington, DC

#10 Jan 23, 2013
Tina, we miss him and pray for you and the kids and his extended family. It will be very quiet here on Wilkinson, without all the kids playing in the yard. Peace be with You.

Since: Jun 12

Wilson, NC

#11 Jan 24, 2013
Is there a picture available of Eric?
Curious

Manteo, NC

#12 Jan 25, 2013
Does this mean the county could be responsible for not monitoring the use of helmets by the skateboarders using that park??
Ryan Rhodes

Holly Springs, NC

#13 Jan 25, 2013
It's the republicans fault. If they hadn't stalled the healtcare bill then Eric would of had better access to doctors.
weak

Elm City, NC

#14 Jan 25, 2013
spew your politics elsewhere. It has nothing to do with his treatment. He had great doctors and was at a top notch hospital. Very sad. he was a great guy. Your a total kook ryan.
Ryan Rhodes

Warsaw, NC

#15 Jan 25, 2013
weak wrote:
spew your politics elsewhere. It has nothing to do with his treatment. He had great doctors and was at a top notch hospital. Very sad. he was a great guy. Your a total kook ryan.
Typical teabagger.
Curious

Manteo, NC

#16 Jan 26, 2013
chaser wrote:
The skateboarding fall is a rumor and is not the truth.
What difference does that make??
hugo

Middlesex, NC

#17 Jan 26, 2013
Lets stop all this blah, blah, crap about truth or rumor...

What is the real story??? How did the poor guy die? Brain tumor? Stroke brought on by a head injury?
Somebody fill in the details and stop the nonsense and political name calling.
john erics brother

Crystal Lake, IL

#18 Jan 30, 2013
To those of you who send thoughts, thank you.
I want to set the record straight on what happened, so that those who did not know the sroty or my brother can stop putting out false stories of my brother.
Eric Gardner was skating on his ramp
he took a fall and fell on his hands, NOT his head!
He tweaked his neck a bit.
Because of an exisiting condition with an artery in his neck, there was a tear (FYI a dissection) and that led to a blood clot forming, that in turn led to a stroke. There was a 6 hour surgery to repair the tear, and the clot. There was swelling of the brain, an emergency surgery, but there was too much swelling and his brain was pushing on his brain stem which was slowly killing him.
He was on life support because he was of such a young age, and his donation of organs and anything that could be used was used. He saved many lives and gave others second chances at licing a life without machines doing the work for them.
My point?
He did not fall on his head. There was no head injury. It was a weak wall (which is like a tree ring) in an artery and he just tweaked it the wrong way.
So to those of you who are talking helmets, and crap like that, keep it shut.
He was NOT at a skate park, he was at his house on a tiny 6 fott high half-pipe!
If there is anyone that has a comment, feel free to email me personally...[email protected]
Stop spreading these idiotic urban legends.
My brother is dead and now you know the truth.
john erics brother

Crystal Lake, IL

#19 Jan 30, 2013
hey bud,

eric's brother. he did NOT die from head trauma, because of the lack of a helmet. read my post please. thanks and please stop saying your story...it is not the truth.
john erics brother

Crystal Lake, IL

#20 Jan 30, 2013
The fall is the truth.

Please check out my post and you will get the full and honest story of what happened to my brother.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southern Shores Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2010 update on Raymond Christian Jedele murder ... (Oct '10) Nov 28 Upndnglo 15
Anyone have any scoop on Ray Jedele? (Apr '09) Nov 28 Upndnglo 188
Faking a service animal Nov 22 Steve 7
missy marvin (Feb '13) Nov 17 Sadstory 82
bridget marie hurley (Dec '15) Oct '16 old man 3
BeWare! of Vineyards of the Scuppernong (Nov '09) Oct '16 Helm 12
Vote for Donald J Trump Oct '16 MAGA 4

Southern Shores Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance