Safer at the wheel

There are 3 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Feb 10, 2009, titled Safer at the wheel. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

The state Legislature has a couple of opportunities in the months ahead to make it safer to drive in Massachusetts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

“Everything is local”

Since: Apr 08

Great Barrington, MA

#1 Feb 10, 2009
Don't the police have enough to worry about?

Since: May 08

Pittsfield, MA

#2 Feb 10, 2009
A ban on applying makeup and a ban on reading while driving,as well as a ban on more than two teenagers in a vehicle being operated by a teen should precede any ban on smoking or cell phone use!
Enforcement of the driving laws already on the books is a joke now,these will just add to the things that do not get enforced!
We do not need or want more laws,we need enforcement of the laws already on the books!
confused

Redmond, WA

#3 Feb 10, 2009
just another shinning example of how bad our goverment has gotten. Stop me for smoking a cigarrette in my privatly owned vehicle and you might not like the results that come about. If I'm cocked up and driving erratic then hell yes stop me- IF i'm speeding and driving dangerously-hell yes stop me and issue me a ticket, but because I choose to smoke in MY CAR your going to stop me- get ready to rumble because you have no probable cause, get your money elsewhere or cut spending like you should. And the same for this peice of crap govenor on his gas tax increase- let the people who use the "BIG PIG" pay for it , I never have and never will, not to mention only 6 miles from VT where I WILL buy my gas if it happens.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southbridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News W. Brookfield man spends wedding night in jail (Aug '06) Jul 19 Mike Amboy 7
Sunset City Motocross (Dec '15) Jul 15 Anonymous 4
News Oatmeal Outrage Recipe contest entry sent back ... Jul 10 Johnny Jon 2
News Southbridge proposes water, sewer rate increases Jul 4 bobTheUnbuilder 1
Review: Mr Response Electric Inc (Aug '09) Jul 1 Diane Dion 27
Massachusetts Adoptees and Birth parents Reunit... Jun '16 joan 1
Beatles For Sale: The Tribute - returns to Sout... Jun '16 New England Music... 1

Southbridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Southbridge Mortgages