Republican Mayoral Candidates
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Truth only

United States

#21 Apr 25, 2013
Investigator...you are nuts and on a witch hunt. Of course they know each other...they are all from Southaven. I used to go to church with Davis. I have dealt with Gardener in real estate. Does that make us joined at the hip? There is nothing wrong with candidates being nice to each other in public. You do not become enemies just because you are running against each other. Yeah, I believe they are friends, but I know they do not all agree with each other on everything. Body language....seriously? Someone out there is spreading rumors about everyone of the candidates, and that is evil, plain and simple. Let the men each tell their plans for helping the city and let the people decide. Someone needs to stop spreading the garbage. No one has proof that Davis gave money to Gardner or Musselwhite. No one has proof about why Anderson left his job, or any of the other nonsense going around. If you can not prove it, don't talk about it.
Investigator

Corona Del Mar, CA

#22 Apr 25, 2013
Thats right, let the people make up their minds. Spreading rumors about someone is not right and is dirty in an election. That is why I only state the facts. Everything that I have said can be proven. Just because you do not want to believe that these men are corrupt does not mean that they are not. Friends are one thing, but funding your opponents campaign with large monetary donations brings that friendship to another level. Davis is trying his best to suade this election to benefit him. Southaven does not need some one that is corrupt running this city. We do not need someone that is having an affair on his second wife. If that is how he treats his wife then he would treat the city the same way. We do not need someone that does not really want to be mayor running this city. I will continue to do my investigation and gather more evidence for the whole city to see. Soon everyone will see the light and see the truth.
Truth only

United States

#23 Apr 25, 2013
Where are these so called you tube videos....I can not find them.
Investigator

Ridgeland, MS

#24 Apr 25, 2013
Look up Davis for congress 2008
Truth only

United States

#25 Apr 25, 2013
2008? What does hat have to do with now? A lot of people supported Davismthen, before he misspent our money. Big deal.
Investigator

Corona Del Mar, CA

#26 Apr 26, 2013
If you would do some homework, you will see that Greg Davis was mis spending our money in 2008 as well. The state auditor is investigating the spending back even before 2008. The misspending did not just start last year, it has been going on for a long time. The videos from the congress campaign shows the close relationship between Davis and Gardner. I do understand that you can be friends and still run against each other but they are too close for comfort. Citizens want to change the mayor and if Gardner and Davis are this close, you will only be electing a puppet. Greg Davis will still be our mayor.
Truth only

United States

#27 Apr 27, 2013
Investigator....seriously? A history? Well, duh, they grew up, in Southaven, used to attend the same church, who cares if they are friends. That doesn't mean they agree with each other or that they are "joined at the hip" or whatever. Do you expect them to run when they see each other coming? They do not have to be rude to each other. They are both nice guys, who cares if they speak to each other or even, gasp, shake hands in public. Your proof, so to speak, is ridiculous.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#28 Apr 27, 2013
I am inclined to believe what Investigator posted. As I posted on another topic, I am not a resident of Southaven, but know several of these people in office & are running.
Brings back thoughts of the old days in the mid & late 70s & Pam McPhail's book No Room For The Truth.
It is a fiction, but if you lived through it, you know it is mostly true & know who the real people are.
I hope I am wrong, but believe that many in office will be re-elected in Southaven.
Truth only

United States

#29 Apr 28, 2013
You have no proof. I have been to the campaign office several times, never saw Davis there. You are blowing smoke, spreading false info.
Truth only

United States

#30 Apr 29, 2013
Besides, if the rumors were true, there would be something about them in the media, not just on a rumor board.
Realityiswhereyo ulive

Memphis, TN

#31 Apr 29, 2013
Investigator wrote:
Look up Davis for congress 2008
The videos are absolutely hilarious and I believe that election pushed him over the edge. The high level of drinking and excessive dinners went into high gear after the final Congressional Election of 2008. I have said since Davis lost to Childers in 2008 that if he wants to go represent people somewhere else, the people of Southaven should send him on his way. But when it came to the 2009 election, it was the same old "his family has been really good for the City" & "he has done so much for the City". A dyslexic chimp could have taken credit for the growth of Southaven after Herenton became Mayor of Memphis and the mass exodus began. What some of the people have told me that Mayor Davis has done for them (with taxpayer dollars I imagine)is disturbing. MBI, FBI, IRS, State Auditor, or State Attorney General - I do not care which of these offices / organizations finds the evidence necessary to convict him, just as long as they find it and it is legitimate.
Subpoena your ass

Olive Branch, MS

#32 Apr 29, 2013
Investigator,

While your ridiculous campaign tactics are certainly ineffective, they are rather amusing. Although this inefficient technique of negativity is nothing new, we have seen from past elections (national and local) they simply aren't an effective means of winning votes. They typically result in a negative influence on the viewer's (readers) feeling toward the sponsor (you), and simply no effect on the intended target.

Therefore, your "facts and accusations" simply won't work. In a sense, what I just said isn't all that surprising, because, really - who bases their votes on a topix.com forum?

Through conventional wisdom, we can eliminate you from being associated with the Garner, Musslewhite, or Wheeler campaign. Therefore, you most likely reside with the Anderson camp, or, perhaps, a bitter baptist church member out to deface society with your 'Jesus stick'. If my first guess holds true, your aggressively negative tactic has surely put you on the defensive. In addition, a candidate on the defensive generally makes a poor impression on voters, who, to begin with, were looking for assertive leadership.

Enough of the adultery and financial hoopla already. Enough of that goes on in Desoto County churches as it is. To my knowledge, the SOS office will provide you with what info you need to "investigate" your accusations. Until you have formal written proof, let that dog die. Oh, you might want to refrain on the adultery comments if you don't want to land yourself in a slander and defamation lawsuit. The owners of this site would surely turn your IP Address over in a quick minute in response to a subpoena - what are you to them anyway? If your not familiar with slander and defamation, research it, because, apparently your not researching other things very well. Come May 8th, we most likely will not hear from you again, whoever you are.

On a side note, perhaps "investigator" is making one last ditch effort as either Brooks or Hale to become Mayor again. God be with us all.
JackLegg

Booneville, MS

#33 Apr 30, 2013
You guys should be ashasmed. Davis is worried about staying out of jail and using all his money on lawyers and fines and money he has to pay back. Musslewhite is the most honest guy you will ever meet.
If Mr. Investgator knew more, Darren is a very QUIET individual.
Subpoena your ass

Tucker, GA

#34 Apr 30, 2013
Jacklegg,

Where are you going with this?
Realityiswhereyo ulive

United States

#35 May 2, 2013
Unfortunately, Gerald Clifton nor Chris Klass will garner enough support to challenge the money-backed network. But both will tell you their plans and how they planned to put the City of Southaven back on the right track. When Davis finally does leave office, whether it be by losing an election or a criminal conviction, the audit that the next mayor approves will likely unearth some damn good skeletons. Has anyone than Huling and/or Cady actually seen plans for the Senior Citizens Center?
JackLegg

Booneville, MS

#36 May 4, 2013
Subpoena your ass wrote:
Jacklegg,
Where are you going with this?
Just replying to all the BS people put in the blogg. Not going anywhere. Folks should be ashamed about put out false information, especially against Mr. Musselwhite. Whoever the Investegator is the main one. Do you have a problem with what I said??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southaven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Relatives Jun 22 Bertha 2
Is Olive Branch a good place to live-answer hon... (Sep '08) Jun 19 linda 69
Why are people rude & ignorant in mississippi. (Sep '12) Jun 11 Tasha 21
Paranormal (May '12) Jun 9 Bob Boso 3
coldwater trade days (Feb '09) Jun 2 alatha64 9
Poll Are The Southaven Police Too Rude?? (Jan '08) May '16 ConstitutionSouth... 334
perverted teachers at NWCC May '16 poppet14 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Southaven Mortgages