Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciting Pledge of Allegiance

Full story: Santa Cruz Sentinel

A Mississippi judge jailed a lawyer for several hours for refusing to recite the Pledge of Allegiance, ordering the attorney to "purge himself" of contempt by standing and repeating the oath like the rest of the courtroom.

Comments (Page 90)

Showing posts 1,781 - 1,800 of1,960
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
youyo

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

HerpADerp wrote:
Still irrelevant comments, so welcome to obscurity.
Epicurus taught moderation and the ancient Greeks had a solution for democracy as they each year voted to banish the most popular for 10 years. The idea is people are equal in government no one should have more power than the next. One vote is just one vote not the power to control others. Under those conditions there would be no Kennedy, Bush, Obama, or Ronald Reagan.
NoWops

Baldwin, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

youyo wrote:
"Make your comments relevant to the topic, or you'll be ignored by me like you've been ignored by so many others."
==========
You ignored life since you have been born. Your schooling has been Skinner/Pavlov conditioning.
Your opinions are meaningless.
WesleyD

Baldwin, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Horn Lake or Walls.
HerpADerp

Booneville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

NoWops wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinions are meaningless.
I am a shell of my former self now that you've said that. Your words, they wound so well.
Roger Wicker

Biloxi, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

mickey123 wrote:
Don't we have rights in this country?
this is a test to see what happens and prove a point

Since: Jul 13

Biloxi, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

This is a test to prove a point and nothing more

Since: Jul 13

Biloxi, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

I am not the U.S. Senator with the same name, THis is a dummy account set up to prove that you can sign up here and post under any name you so choose and your real identity is shielded from all but Law Enforcement
Mini me

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

I think I was in the 3rd grade when we had to learn the new Pledge of Allegiance. They added"under God". All the girls could remember but the boys would stumble over it every time. That was in early 1950's. Cant believe my old brain can stii remember!
Rework

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Mini me wrote:
I think I was in the 3rd grade when we had to learn the new Pledge of Allegiance. They added"under God". All the girls could remember but the boys would stumble over it every time. That was in early 1950's. Cant believe my old brain can stii remember!
Take Cover! Still hiding under your desk in case of war?

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

National Briefing | South

Mississippi: Judge Punished for Ordering Pledge

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Published: June 9, 2011

A judge will be reprimanded and fined $100 for jailing a lawyer who refused to recite the Pledge of Allegiance in his courtroom. The State Supreme Court affirmed the recommendation from the Commission on Judicial Performance against Chancellor Talmadge Littlejohn of New Albany. The commission said that Judge Littlejohn acknowledged violating the rights of the lawyer, Danny Lampley, in October with a contempt of court order.
Danny

Biloxi, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

mentul_autocrat wrote:
<quoted text> i love the "one nation under god" and people scream that this country wasn't founded on christian beliefs.
"under god"blah blah was ADDED under Eisenhower as a perceived way to combat the Godless Soviet Union,it has NOTHING TO DO with the original pledge ,period,,IGNORANT MORON
alicenholmes

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

And cuss'n & name-call'n somehow raises our IQ.......hmmmm (ps:this was a blanket statement)
Propaganda

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

If someone is wrong let them know it anything less is not doing them a service. Children have been manipulated in public school with Skinner/ Pavlov conditioning and the government has been soft on ignorance so it can have wage slaves that pay taxes.
keyman-

Arlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

mentul_autocrat wrote:
<quoted text> i love the "one nation under god" and people scream that this country wasn't founded on christian beliefs.
I believe the "under God" part was added sometime in the 50's
Fred Flintstone

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

HerpADerp wrote:
<quoted text>I am a shell of my former self now that you've said that. Your words, they wound so well.
CTR, I see you! OLO!
BWD

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

I used to say it with pride until I got to thinking, what does pledging allegiance to a flag mean, anyway? It has long been forgotten that we are a republic. I mean, govt school American "history" and govt "teachers" will tell you we are a "Democracy" and probably don't even know what a "republic" is. If you read something in a history book about the reasons behind the civil war 70 yrs ago it would be completely different from the garbage they put out today.

Govt school U.S. history/govt classes are designed for one thing, to make the children little, obedient govt servants. Don't question their authority, because they know better than you.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Under god doesn't have anything to do with Christianity, god could be construed to mean anything anyone wants it to be, god could mean a tree to a druid.
frthy

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Richard_ wrote:
Under god doesn't have anything to do with Christianity, god could be construed to mean anything anyone wants it to be, god could mean a tree to a druid.
==========
Except in this case God is spelled with a capital.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

frthy wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Except in this case God is spelled with a capital.
Still could be Allah or Buddha, a tree, a unicorn, etc. The constitution is quite clear on this, the state cannot endorse a religion.
Pirthan

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Still could be Allah or Buddha, a tree, a unicorn, etc. The constitution is quite clear on this, the state cannot endorse a religion.
==========
But it does, Secular Humanism. The Constitution has been trashed by the Government all three branches and few want to defend it. We have a state run by tyranny and the sheeple just go along. Few want the responsibility to take care of themselves like the founding fathers expected.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,781 - 1,800 of1,960
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Southaven Discussions

Search the Southaven Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
vicky stewart 6 hr wondering 1
DeSoto County notes rise in gang activity 17 hr The Rogue 2
Missed connection at Walmart (Sep '13) 17 hr The Rogue 3
gang stalking Thu Danny Pelosi 8
Are The Southaven Police Too Rude?? (Jan '08) Thu Danny Pelosi 304
Teller at BancorpSouth (Oct '13) Jul 8 Danny Pelosi 12
Where Are The 40K Jobs? (Dec '13) Jul 8 Working Mom 2
•••
•••