Which Alderman Candidate to vote for?

Which Alderman Candidate to vote for?

Posted in the Southaven Forum

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#1 Apr 26, 2013
The Alderman races are very confusing with all of the candidates. I am glad to see so many people willing to step up an run but it is tough to keep up with them all. I'm not the only one that feels this way. Lots of my friends are too.

It seems there are lots of folks on this site who are very well informed.

Who would be your pick in each race and why?
Investigator

Corona Del Mar, CA

#2 Apr 26, 2013
Alderman at large would be Steve Dodd...he works on the school board and knows what this city needs and cares about keeping the schools and our kids safe.

I live in Ward 3 so George Payne is my choice...He is honest and concerned with doing what is right for the city and not what is right for people personally. He stands up when something is not right.

Mayor would be Josh Anderson...he is not a politician and that is what this city needs. We need to get away from politician and get rid of the "good ole boy" system. Southaven needs someone that is not beholding to anyone but the citizens. Josh looks at himself as a servant leader where the citizens are his boss.

As for the other wards, I am not sure.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#3 Apr 26, 2013
I am not a Southaven resident, but know several of the people in office now & know a few that are running.
I would like to see the whole kicked out & all new people,but I would almost be that Gregg & several others will go back in.

It will be interesting since our Hernando race is not creating much interest.
If Gardner was elected in Southaven & Jessie in Olive Branch we would have a special election for Supervisors.
Investigator

Corona Del Mar, CA

#4 Apr 26, 2013
It would cost about $33,000 to have a new election if they both are elected to the mayor seats. That would mean that the "no tax increase" in Desoto county is going end.

Location hidden

#5 Apr 26, 2013
I know that both Mark Gardener and Jessie Medlin have indicated they might pay for the special election themselves. If they did, at least we wouldn't have to have the taxpayers fund it.
Mike Duncan

Byram, MS

#6 Apr 28, 2013
Here's my picks for all to see :

Mayor: Gerald Wheeler

Alderman at Large: Steve Dodd

Ward 1: Chris Bradley
Ward 2: Shirley Beshears
Ward 3: not sure yet
Ward4: not sure yet
Ward 5: anybody but mister DUI Ricky
Ward 6: Angie Jackson

Remember ALL THE CURRENT alderman or woman/ voted us in this mess!!!!
Subpoena your ass

Olive Branch, MS

#7 Apr 29, 2013
Investigator,

While your ridiculous campaign tactics are certainly ineffective, they are rather amusing. Although this inefficient technique of negativity is nothing new, we have seen from past elections (national and local) they simply aren't an effective means of winning votes. They typically result in a negative influence on the viewer's (readers) feeling toward the sponsor (you), and simply no effect on the intended target.

Therefore, your "facts and accusations" simply won't work. In a sense, what I just said isn't all that surprising, because, really - who bases their votes on a topix.com forum?

Through conventional wisdom, we can eliminate you from being associated with the Garner, Musslewhite, or Wheeler campaign. Therefore, you most likely reside with the Anderson camp, or, perhaps, a bitter baptist church member out to deface society with your 'Jesus stick'. If my first guess holds true, your aggressively negative tactic has surely put you on the defensive. In addition, a candidate on the defensive generally makes a poor impression on voters, who, to begin with, were looking for assertive leadership.

Enough of the adultery and financial hoopla already. Enough of that goes on in Desoto County churches as it is. To my knowledge, the SOS office will provide you with what info you need to "investigate" your accusations. Until you have formal written proof, let that dog die. Oh, you might want to refrain on the adultery comments if you don't want to land yourself in a slander and defamation lawsuit. The owners of this site would surely turn your IP Address over in a quick minute in response to a subpoena - what are you to them anyway? If your not familiar with slander and defamation, research it, because, apparently your not researching other things very well. Come May 8th, we most likely will not hear from you again, whoever you are.

On a side note, perhaps "investigator" is making one last ditch effort as either Brooks or Hale to become Mayor again. God be with us all.

Mike,

Your predictions will hold true for the Mayor, in the republican run-off. Alderman at Large will be Brooks, and I am certain Jobes will remain, as well. Rest of the wards, who cares.- I do hope your prediction in ward 2 comes to fruition.
Concerned

Southaven, MS

#8 May 2, 2013
Mike Duncan wrote:
Here's my picks for all to see :
Mayor: Gerald Wheeler
Alderman at Large: Steve Dodd
Ward 1: Chris Bradley
Ward 2: Shirley Beshears
Ward 3: not sure yet
Ward4: not sure yet
Ward 5: anybody but mister DUI Ricky
Ward 6: Angie Jackson
Remember ALL THE CURRENT alderman or woman/ voted us in this mess!!!!
Shirley Beshears???? ARE YOU SERIOUS?????
Mike Duncan

Hattiesburg, MS

#9 May 2, 2013
Yes on Shirley Beshears...

You must be a HALE person!!!!

Location hidden

#10 May 3, 2013
Narrow down choices by scratching all the incumbents off the list first. Then learn all you can about the other candidates before making a decision.

Incumbents:
Greg Guy - Alderman at Large
Lorine Cady - Ward 1
Ronnie Hale - Ward 2
George Payne - Ward 3
William Brooks - Ward 4
Ricky Jobes - Ward 5
Randy Huling - Ward 6
hany

White Oak, TX

#11 May 3, 2013
that one.
Concerned

Southaven, MS

#12 May 14, 2013
Mike Duncan wrote:
Yes on Shirley Beshears...
You must be a HALE person!!!!
No. Guess she WOULD get the male vote since those are her favorite kinds of voters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southaven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Horn Lake police department in bad shape. Tue Mailman99 1
Horn Lake City Hall What the heck is going on (Jan '11) Tue Mr honestly 160
Review: Malenda H Meacham Law Offices (Jul '09) Aug 13 Hooper 29
deceased woman in Horn Lake Aug 12 Justice 2
News Trent Kelly: Good customer service is important Aug 8 Mary 22
News ALDI to build grocery store in Tupelo Aug 3 No Walkup Shoppers 22
News Attorney: Mississippi man shot in head by police Jul 29 lavon affair 1

Southaven Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance