James Bissett, Long Island Aquarium O...

James Bissett, Long Island Aquarium Owner, Found Dead in Apparent Suicide

There are 2914 comments on the International Business Times story from Dec 16, 2011, titled James Bissett, Long Island Aquarium Owner, Found Dead in Apparent Suicide. In it, International Business Times reports that:

James Bissett, the co-owner of Long Island Aquarium, was found dead Wednesday night in what police are calling an apparent suicide.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at International Business Times.

Tree Cutter

Kings Park, NY

#1565 May 9, 2012
Coming soon wrote:
<quoted text>
The bottom line is that they wont say "James Bissett" is or was not a suspect. They know who the rumor is about, yet they wont name him.
Really makes you wonder..
Why did he kill himself the day after the cell and pocket book were recovered?
For that matter, since he had such a loving family, why did he kill himself?
Was he in debt? Was his marriage on the rocks? Was he scared he might get caught? To all theses friends, why did he do what he did?
Facts are facts.
Exactly spot on. They could have said " Jimmy Bissett wasn't a suspect and the rumors would have stopped. Instead they didn't name him so to me he is a suspect and they don't want misinformation spread. I'm sure the family knows something about his dark side and had the body cremated. I'm sure they have the money for a grave plot and could have landscaped it nicely, but NO the body was burned.
realdealbeal

United States

#1566 May 9, 2012
I feel like we will be waiting a long time before we get any facts on this. The facts are that nobody on here has facts about this case. Somebody knows though. We just gotta wait.
Sally

Frisco, TX

#1567 May 9, 2012
Was he the killer???
Informed or not

Ridge, NY

#1568 May 9, 2012
Stop quoting Newsday. They did not report correctly.

AGAIN, here is the OFFICIAL press release:
http://www.suffolkcountyny.gov/Portals/da/PDF

Show me where it says HE IS NOT A SUSPECT. AND Show me where it says THEY "vehemently DENY" anything???

It doesn't. Go to the OFFICIAL source. NEWSDAY is NOT an official source.
Informed or not

Ridge, NY

#1569 May 9, 2012
Sorry that link didn't work-

Here is the OFFICIAL press release:
http://www.suffolkcountyny.gov/Portals/da/PDF...
Reality check

East Northport, NY

#1570 May 9, 2012
The DA's office would have never put out a statement like this if he was actually a real suspect - it would come back to bite them hard if it was true and it would completely ruin their case. Tax dollars hard at work quelling rumors started by a bunch of internet crazies. They made this "unusual" move because Mr. Bissett was such a great, generous man who contributed tremendously to his community and doesnt deserve this. Now go blog about the end of the world on 12-12-12 you nuts!
sachem 85

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#1571 May 9, 2012
Reality check wrote:
The DA's office would have never put out a statement like this if he was actually a real suspect - it would come back to bite them hard if it was true and it would completely ruin their case. Tax dollars hard at work quelling rumors started by a bunch of internet crazies. They made this "unusual" move because Mr. Bissett was such a great, generous man who contributed tremendously to his community and doesnt deserve this. Now go blog about the end of the world on 12-12-12 you nuts!
Really? There is not one thing in DA's carefully worded statement that they would need to retract, if in fact, JB was the killer. They are being inundated with calls and are likely trying to slow that down. Being from sachem I have heard the rumors and hope they are not true. But this cryptic message from authorities is not helping.
BTW. It's 12-21-12. Just sayin.
mike

Chicago, IL

#1572 May 9, 2012
any one have info on kyle underwood? from ur cop friends and sources? or mary jo jenkins?
LIander

New York, NY

#1573 May 9, 2012
Tree Cutter wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly spot on. They could have said " Jimmy Bissett wasn't a suspect and the rumors would have stopped. Instead they didn't name him so to me he is a suspect and they don't want misinformation spread. I'm sure the family knows something about his dark side and had the body cremated. I'm sure they have the money for a grave plot and could have landscaped it nicely, but NO the body was burned.
They said it was an unfounded rumor, why can't you accept that as an answer?

A lot of people opt for cremation, does that mean they are all trying to hide something? Or are you just a retard with no purpose in life but to perpetuate a baseless rumor?
Reality check

East Northport, NY

#1574 May 9, 2012
sachem 85 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? There is not one thing in DA's carefully worded statement that they would need to retract, if in fact, JB was the killer. They are being inundated with calls and are likely trying to slow that down. Being from sachem I have heard the rumors and hope they are not true. But this cryptic message from authorities is not helping.
BTW. It's 12-21-12. Just sayin.
Not that I have confidence in SCPD but I dont think they would take this unprecedented step because they cant man the phones. thanks for the correction on the end of the world!
LIander

New York, NY

#1575 May 9, 2012
Coming soon wrote:
<quoted text>
The bottom line is that they wont say "James Bissett" is or was not a suspect. They know who the rumor is about, yet they wont name him.
Really makes you wonder..
Why did he kill himself the day after the cell and pocket book were recovered?
For that matter, since he had such a loving family, why did he kill himself?
Was he in debt? Was his marriage on the rocks? Was he scared he might get caught? To all theses friends, why did he do what he did?
Facts are facts.
Another LI retard, must be the water
LIander

New York, NY

#1576 May 9, 2012
me too wrote:
<quoted text>
the fact they didnt clear his name is strange
They didn't need to clear his name as he isn't a [email protected] suspect in any crimes.
Another person that should have been a late-term abortion
Coming soon

Islip, NY

#1577 May 9, 2012
Informed or not wrote:
Stop quoting Newsday. They did not report correctly.
AGAIN, here is the OFFICIAL press release:
http://www.suffolkcountyny.gov/Portals/da/PDF
Show me where it says HE IS NOT A SUSPECT. AND Show me where it says THEY "vehemently DENY" anything???
It doesn't. Go to the OFFICIAL source. NEWSDAY is NOT an official source.
Very well said. Loseday twists things around all the time. The official report was made and published. After that, reporters supposedly come up with a whole new version after, and again after, the DA says ""As with any active investigation, the Suffolk County Police Department and the district attorney's office should not and will not comment on who may or may not be a suspect.""

(funny how loseday left that out)

Spotta clearly stated he would not comment either way, so anything read written or discussed after its release is nothing more than pure speculation unless another press release is released from Spotta....

So where did all this extra magical info surface from? News rags tring to make headlines..

To all the aholes who keep quoting this and that, quote the official press release. Not something some reporter feels is truth.

Facts

The story by [email protected] is not the official release.

Facts
@ friend, I asked you 2 very simple questions.
1 Was James having marital issues?
2 Was james in debt?

You respond back none of my business. Then tell about other peoples suicides. I could give 2 flying fu%ks about your lectures. I asked 2 simple questions. So if you were a friend, you would know the answers and post them to show he was in a good marriage and had no money troubles.. So if he was not in debt, and his marriage was not on the rocks why did he kill himself the day after police recover Shannons cell phone and pocket book?

My theory is and its a theory. I think his number was in her cell phone.

Do I think he killed her, NO. I believe the theory that she was running away from a killer and got stuck in the marsh.. I do think they recovered information that tied him to her. He died the DAY AFTER THE PHONE AND BAG WERE FOUND!!!!!

Facts
realdealbeal

United States

#1578 May 9, 2012
LIander wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't need to clear his name as he isn't a [email protected] suspect in any crimes.
Another person that should have been a late-term abortion
Why are you so angry dude. And when did they say he wasn't a suspect.?
Amazing Sladek

Shrewsbury, PA

#1579 May 9, 2012
I did a pirate show for Jimmy at his aquarium in 2009. He was the big owner but still came and watched my show, laughed, and stayed after and thanked me for my performance. He was just the nicest guy and I was so impressed by his natural smile and engaging personality for such a powerful guy.
IslandGirl

Baldwin, NY

#1580 May 9, 2012
Just Wait One Second wrote:
<quoted text>
You KNOW NOTHING....Big Jim DOES have a place in Florida, I'm not telling YOU vultures where either. He is a snowbird. Your info is laughable. And IF( big IF) there is ANY truth to this RUMOR, I will be the first to apologize even if it IS to a bunch of a$$holes.....
Well, emergency flashing fire department vehicles were in front of BIG JIM's home last month after the brush fires in Ridge. Hmmm, I wonder why???? My kid saw the fire dept. there.
realdealbeal

United States

#1581 May 9, 2012
Amazing Sladek wrote:
I did a pirate show for Jimmy at his aquarium in 2009. He was the big owner but still came and watched my show, laughed, and stayed after and thanked me for my performance. He was just the nicest guy and I was so impressed by his natural smile and engaging personality for such a powerful guy.
Sounds like he put it in your butt
lie 495

Smithtown, NY

#1582 May 9, 2012
hardbody

Miami, FL

#1584 May 9, 2012
In this country a suspect is innocent until proven guilty. In this case, NO SUSPECT has even been named. it would be a bit more understandable if everyone who thinks they are on a jury had some evidence not coincidence.when the police name a suspect and prosecute based upon evidence, there will be a fair trial. the only label this thread represents is an unfair trial by a bunch of uneducated vultures. All of you perpetuating these rumors are hurting the Bissett family AS WELL AS THE VICTIM'S FAMILY!If you care about the victims more than gossip this will stop. If not, you are showing your shallow true colors!
Coming soon

Islip, NY

#1585 May 9, 2012
realdealbeal wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like he put it in your butt
LMFAO...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Schools chief ousted in East End row (Feb '06) Oct 3 oysterponds taxpa... 31
Review: Vanderleigh Properties (Nov '08) Aug '17 Mike P 38
News Billy Joel's daughter, Alexa Ray Joel, hospital... (Dec '09) Aug '17 BAD HOMBRE TRUMP 36
Quogue Music Thread (Aug '15) Jul '17 Musikologist 5
Security and Loss Prevention in the Hamptons May '17 Eastern Security 1
News MS-13 Gang "Entrenched" On Long Island (Aug '07) Apr '17 LibHater 111
News Horseshoe crab sting (Jul '07) Feb '17 11951Ratdog 88

Southampton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Southampton Mortgages