James Bissett, Long Island Aquarium O...

James Bissett, Long Island Aquarium Owner, Found Dead in Apparent Suicide

There are 2914 comments on the International Business Times story from Dec 16, 2011, titled James Bissett, Long Island Aquarium Owner, Found Dead in Apparent Suicide. In it, International Business Times reports that:

James Bissett, the co-owner of Long Island Aquarium, was found dead Wednesday night in what police are calling an apparent suicide.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at International Business Times.

kevin

Brooklyn, NY

#1349 May 8, 2012
Lets be real wrote:
rumors usually start from some point of actuallity. although i feel this is false regarding jim bisset, its important to understand that this isnt your normal rumor. i have never seen such a rumor go through the region so much without at least a bit of truth. although this might have been alittle twisted with false allegations. one thing im certain is jim bisset was being investigated for a link to gilgo theres no doubt. the severity of it im absolutely not sure. only jim would know that, and blowing your head off speaks volumes. may the man just rest in peace if not true.
this makes alot of sense and is smart of you
Dr Feelgood PHD

Long Beach, NY

#1350 May 8, 2012
I have done countless studies on rumors and the effect on the Internet Generation. Without fail
they are started and perpetuated by f-ing losers.
Jealous and bitter that they lead such a worthless existance. Jim was a person we should all try to immulate. If any one of you stoners dis Jim again
I will dispatch my band on internet ninjas,thru your wireless connection, to trash you.
Thank You
Sheeple

Woodside, NY

#1351 May 8, 2012
Facts wrote:
FACTS
Fact-Bissett Nursery was not raided by the FBI
Fact-Burlap that is used in the nursery industry comes from two sources http://nyp-corp.com/ and if you receive packing material it is columbian coffee burlap bags. There is simply no way to trace the source of burlap as EVERYONE buys it from the same source (and no, it's never customized with logos as the company doesn't offer that service)
Fact-Jimmy Bissett was terrible with computers. If you actually knew him, you'd know he would have no idea what Craigslist is now would he have even the faintest idea of how to use it.
Fact-This rumor started on April 20. Everyday someone posts that they are going to make a major announcement tomorrow. 18 days later.. same thing.. just saying.
Fact-The rumor started because a conspiracy theorist googled "gilgo beach killer" and saw jim bissett's obituary on the same link as a the gilgo beach killer simply because of the coincidence that Shannon Gilbert's body was found the day before. This person then clicked the link, read about burlap sacks, and assumed they solved the crime.
Fact-The reason the rumor is so persistent nearly 3 weeks later is because it's a sensationalized story that Long Islanders love. The agricultural trade is also filled with people that might not due diligence before spreading a rumor.
Fact-Your second cousin does not have a source deep in the Suffolk County Homicide Department. They did not discover body parts in Mattituck, Riverhead, Rocky Point or anywhere else.
Fact-Jim Bissett killed himself for much more mundane reasons.
This is one of those stories people wish was true for the same reasons they slow down when they see car accidents.
The truth is the truth.:)
you are an idiot, my blind grandmother, who is way older than jim, knows how to use computers as well as craigslist. your "facts" tend to be self-deluded by your opinions
GG Blank

Kings Park, NY

#1352 May 8, 2012
Is there any truth that the bodies were covered in lime to help with the decay process. Or was that the NJ bodies that were found. Isn't lime used in the landscape business also. Could be a connection if true.
mom of 3

West Islip, NY

#1353 May 8, 2012
GG Blank wrote:
Is there any truth that the bodies were covered in lime to help with the decay process. Or was that the NJ bodies that were found. Isn't lime used in the landscape business also. Could be a connection if true.
where does it say that about lime ???
mom of 3

West Islip, NY

#1354 May 8, 2012
I still have not seen a news report yet ?? Why the rumors?
Strange

New Rochelle, NY

#1355 May 8, 2012
Hello wrote:
I drive by Jims house, or what was his house, everyday. A few days ago I saw a crew with a professional camera outside his house, I assumed that it would be because the news finally was let out. I was puzzled because the van was not marked with any news channel or anything. Then yesterday while driving by his house I noticed the "For Sale" sign outside. I'm assuming this explains the camera. His house is GORGEOUS! It's huge, on so much land with horses in the front yard. I wonder why his family is moving and where they're going.
This is the property
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...
Strange why you saw cameras just the other day, on 5/1 the realestate agent pulled it off the market...I wonder why?
observer

Bronx, NY

#1356 May 8, 2012
Dr Feelgood PHD wrote:
I have done countless studies on rumors and the effect on the Internet Generation. Without fail
they are started and perpetuated by f-ing losers.
Jealous and bitter that they lead such a worthless existance. Jim was a person we should all try to immulate. If any one of you stoners dis Jim again
I will dispatch my band on internet ninjas,thru your wireless connection, to trash you.
Thank You

What is your Phd in? You cannot even spell! Did you mean Emmulate? Oh my God. Loser.
Tree Cutter

Kings Park, NY

#1357 May 8, 2012
I heard from a reliable source that they were searching for Jimmy's DNA in his business office and home due to his body being creamated. They were unable to get it by exhuming his body from the grave.
All personal PC's and business PC's were confiscated in the recent raids. Plus his yacht is being picked apart.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#1358 May 8, 2012
Observer: "Emulate" is spelled with one "m." You shouldn't correct the spelling of a word if you don't know how to spell it.
McLovin

Selkirk, NY

#1359 May 8, 2012
observer wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your Phd in? You cannot even spell! Did you mean Emmulate? Oh my God. Loser.
You beat me to it. Love it
OPINION

Tomkins Cove, NY

#1360 May 8, 2012
It is MY opinion that they have not gone public with this information because "others" are still being investigated. I have heard that they found an underground "KILL ROOM". I also heard that there is a specific blood type or blood disease as a connection between one of the alleged persons of interest and this case.
Justmaybe

Marlboro, NJ

#1361 May 8, 2012
Gilgo Serial Killer? or something like that? Word on the streets...
Sad

Holbrook, NY

#1362 May 8, 2012
Gilgo Beach, I beleive is part of NYS Parks and Recreation. It's a state park/beach.
Sad

Holbrook, NY

#1363 May 8, 2012
From what i hear

San Mateo, CA

#1364 May 8, 2012
i hope what im hearing isnt true because whats coming out soon from what i hear is crazy this is all real and serious
Whos looking at you

Woodbury, CT

#1365 May 8, 2012
OPINION wrote:
I have heard that they found an underground "KILL ROOM". I also heard that there is a specific blood type or blood disease as a connection between one of the alleged persons of interest and this case.
And where did you hear this?
Do some research

United States

#1366 May 8, 2012
http://www.examiner.com/article/murdered-atla...
This is why so many people have spoken about the link between the ac murders and gilgo murders.
HS Friend

Plainfield, NJ

#1367 May 8, 2012
Inside Info wrote:
I'm very sorry for all the friends and family of James Bisset. His legacy will be remembered as the Gilgo Muderer and not the professional business man and loving father most his supporters on this blog are expressing. If this is not the case I will make a public apology by 5/15. The sad truth is he's been the lead suspect since last September and questioned days before his suicide.
Just want know where you got your information from?
HS Friend

Plainfield, NJ

#1368 May 8, 2012
Just want to know where you got your information from?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Security and Loss Prevention in the Hamptons May 2 Eastern Security 1
News MS-13 Gang "Entrenched" On Long Island (Aug '07) Apr '17 LibHater 111
News Horseshoe crab sting (Jul '07) Feb '17 11951Ratdog 88
News Christie Brinkley - Brinkley's Ex in Sex Tape S... (Oct '08) Feb '17 sysfruddin ketua 3
News Cops: Hampton Bays man fatally stabbed (Jul '07) Jan '17 Jewel 285
News Officials raise concerns about proposed East Qu... Jan '17 JESUSGRANDE 1
Historic Movie Theater Roof Collapses In Massiv... Dec '16 openmind693 1

Southampton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Southampton Mortgages