J & R auto in Gardner
James

Reddick, IL

#1 Jan 27, 2013
I got an oil change there the other day and low and behold they found some other upcharges that my 3 year old truck should have. You see, they have this little scam they run called "upselling the job" A woman in there was nearly in tears because they told her she needed a lot "EXTRA" parts and repairs and she didn't know how she was going to pay for all of this because she only came in for an oil change. I am a factory certified mechanic so I get a lot of friends and family calling me for mechanical advice. I don't know how many times people they have called from outside of J & R asking if they really need to do these repairs. My advice to anyone who is being taken advantage of by these scammers is to get a second opinion and then call the Better Business Bureau.
your right

Mount Prospect, IL

#2 Jan 27, 2013
Be very sceptical if you take a vehicle there. Always get a second opinion!!
Dick

Coal City, IL

#3 Jan 27, 2013
If your a certified mechanic, why are you paying someone else to do your oil change?
Hillbilly Jim

Chicago, IL

#4 Jan 27, 2013
Ur a factory certified mechanic that takes his car in for an oil change? Lazy ass bastard.
James

Reddick, IL

#5 Jan 27, 2013
Dick wrote:
If your a certified mechanic, why are you paying someone else to do your oil change?
You're missing the point of this post DICK.
Dick

Coal City, IL

#6 Jan 27, 2013
No, im not, it sounds to me like you just want to shoot your mouth off about a local business. Did they ot give you a job?
James

Reddick, IL

#7 Jan 27, 2013
Dick wrote:
No, im not, it sounds to me like you just want to shoot your mouth off about a local business. Did they ot give you a job?
No DICK, don't want or need a job I'm retired, I'm trying to make people aware of a local conman.
Duh

Braidwood, IL

#8 Jan 30, 2013
I would'nt trust them to wash my car not alone work on it. Learned that years ago. Huge scam and the funny part is he is still in business and there is still people dumb enough to go to him.
James

Reddick, IL

#9 Feb 16, 2013
Hillbilly Jim wrote:
Ur a factory certified mechanic that takes his car in for an oil change? Lazy ass bastard.
Retired 5 years ago there Hillbilly, don't have to do that crap anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Wilmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snookers 3 hr Getting Screwed 3
Isadora's 14 hr Football fan 29
Lindsey Lane Wed HammerBlood 6
Almost Deputy Chief Finland is a Bumb Wed Mr Big 9
Braidwood Police War On Drugs Wed soccer 37
rogue cop??? Tue dummy 13
South Wilmington Firemen's Beach Club (Jun '15) Mar '16 diamondjim51 19

South Wilmington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance