Former Madison-Plains coach sentenced...

Former Madison-Plains coach sentenced to two years in prison | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 48 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Oct 20, 2010, titled Former Madison-Plains coach sentenced to two years in prison | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A relationship with a 13-year-old girl will cost a former middle-school basketball coach two years of freedom.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Daily Customer

United States

#1 Oct 20, 2010
"Though Crager faced a five-year prison term, both prosecutors and Nichols focused on the girl's young age and his age when considering a sentence."
Oh really??? He got 2 of the 5 years - at what age does he get the full 5 years? Am I missing something here?
lunacentric

Pataskala, OH

#3 Oct 20, 2010
Gimme a break wrote:
Two years for a consensual BJ!
Nothing consensual at 13,you are a pervert.
Daily Customer

United States

#4 Oct 20, 2010
Gimme a break wrote:
Two years for a consensual BJ!
Do you have a daughter???????
Reader

Columbus, OH

#5 Oct 20, 2010
Gimme a break wrote:
Two years for a consensual BJ!
One more time for the slow learners. A thirteen year old cannot legally consent to sex with an adult.
MrEd

Columbus, OH

#6 Oct 20, 2010
According to Bill Clinton and my wife, it's not sex. But seriously, throw the book at him.
Sheenie Kikeman

Carlsbad, CA

#7 Oct 20, 2010
It was consensual. That doesn't make it ok. But it means they both broke the law so they should both be punished, including the Lolita, who knew it was wrong. She was a willing participant, not a victim. As for Crager, he is despicable and pathetic.

Since: Oct 09

West Jefferson, OH

#8 Oct 20, 2010
Sheenie Kikeman wrote:
It was consensual. That doesn't make it ok. But it means they both broke the law so they should both be punished, including the Lolita, who knew it was wrong. She was a willing participant, not a victim. As for Crager, he is despicable and pathetic.
13 year old cannot consent. Plus, as a coach/teacher, Crager was in a position of influence. He's a child molester - that's all there is to it.
creep

United States

#9 Oct 20, 2010
put this dude away for a long long long time,
Reader

Columbus, OH

#10 Oct 20, 2010
Sheenie Kikeman wrote:
It was consensual. That doesn't make it ok. But it means they both broke the law so they should both be punished, including the Lolita, who knew it was wrong. She was a willing participant, not a victim. As for Crager, he is despicable and pathetic.
No, the 13 year old did not break a law. She may or may not have known that it was wrong. Legally this is irrelevant. The full responsibility rests with the adult. There is only one adult in this case.
Bobb

Columbus, OH

#11 Oct 20, 2010
Im sorry but nothing is wrong with this. Free Mr. C!!!
columbus reader

Columbus, OH

#12 Oct 20, 2010
Two years????? That's it??????????
know the law

Columbus, OH

#13 Oct 20, 2010
He should have gotten a longer sentence. To him, she was his prey. Most teenage girls crush on their young teachers. That is not unusual. He was the adult in this situation. He should, at least, get 5 years. I'm sure this young girl loved the attention she was getting from him, but it was the wrong kind of attention and it went too far. I will pray for her in hopes that she has learned a valuable lesson. I hope her parents will move out of this school district so she can go on with her life. I know it's not easy to pick up and move, but I would do it in a heartbeat for my daughter (although my daughter wouldn't have the [email protected] to do it, because I am all up in her business and would lay the smack down if she attempted to do anything like this).
dude

Columbus, OH

#14 Oct 20, 2010
I must have been an ugly little kid because this situation never came up for me. Thank God. I wouldn't have wanted a basketball coach making that little money coming at me.
lunacentric

Pataskala, OH

#16 Oct 20, 2010
Do Tell wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah right your daughter probably already has done it!
You need your b**ls cut off.
Anon

Columbus, OH

#17 Oct 20, 2010
I cannot agree with "Mr.C"s actions or the sentence. I do appreciate the fact that he pled guilty, sparing the girl from the additional trauma of testifying.

To those who think this is not a crime - anytime you accpet a position of authority over a person, you accept the responsibility of doing what is in that person's best interests. If our business leaders and politicians would keep that in mind we would all be better off.
Another one bites de dust

United States

#18 Oct 20, 2010
know the law wrote:
He should have gotten a longer sentence. To him, she was his prey. Most teenage girls crush on their young teachers. That is not unusual. He was the adult in this situation. He should, at least, get 5 years. I'm sure this young girl loved the attention she was getting from him, but it was the wrong kind of attention and it went too far. I will pray for her in hopes that she has learned a valuable lesson. I hope her parents will move out of this school district so she can go on with her life. I know it's not easy to pick up and move, but I would do it in a heartbeat for my daughter (although my daughter wouldn't have the [email protected] to do it, because I am all up in her business and would lay the smack down if she attempted to do anything like this).
Just a thought.... If your daughter had the [email protected] to do it...she would not be your daughter. HE would be your son.And that would open a whole new can of worms
Easy does it

Columbus, OH

#19 Oct 20, 2010
I wonder if this was her first BJ? I bet not. Knowing kids today and the way they dress, she was looking for it. Oh I'm sorry, poor little thing.
Easy does it

Columbus, OH

#20 Oct 20, 2010
Anon wrote:
I cannot agree with "Mr.C"s actions or the sentence. I do appreciate the fact that he pled guilty, sparing the girl from the additional trauma of testifying.
To those who think this is not a crime - anytime you accpet a position of authority over a person, you accept the responsibility of doing what is in that person's best interests. If our business leaders and politicians would keep that in mind we would all be better off.
I don't know you but I really like you. That is very true!!! Run for office.
Former MP

United States

#21 Oct 20, 2010
Being a former MP graduate, I can say that this is not the first time this has happened at this school. While I was there two teachers/ coaches were caught with underage girls... so sad.
Becky

United States

#22 Oct 20, 2010
I know alot of you are going to disagree with this, but having been a mother of a teenage girl, I've seen these girls in action. THEY NEED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR ACTIONS!! I'm tired of their mothers/fathers hiding behind the law. Have you ever had the chance to interact with any of these girls? They need to be taught a lesson. I'm not saying the adult involved doesn't need punished. I'm not saying that at all. They need to be tried and sentenced for having done with what they did. But I am saying the law needs changed so that the girls have to take responsibility for their actions. I'm saying when both parties are consenting and in this case and alot of these cases, they were. I don't care what the law says. Just because it's a law doesn't make it completely correct. That 13 year old girl knew exactly what she was doing. REGARDLESS!! She knew she had no business interacting on a sexual level with her teacher. Someone said it is not unusual for a teenager to have a crush on their teacher? Are you nuts. Not unusual? What makes it usual? They should be showing their teachers respect, not their breasts. They are obviously lacking some sort of desired affection that they are not getting from their parents. If the teacher does not force themselves on the student and/or the student does not show any resistence then the law needs to state that the student needs to take responsibility also. They need to seek counseling, they need to understand that what they did was not right. That their actions not only effect the two involved but it effects their families also. PLEASE, do not misunderstand what I'm saying. The adult needs to take his/her punishment also as the law states. But in a case where both parties are consenting, the law needs to state that the minor needs to participate in court ordered counseling. Hopefully, these girls will learn from this that this kind of behavior is not appropiate. And they will get the counseling they need to go on and be productive successful adults.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Vienna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stanley electric (Mar '16) Wed Lokeyz 6
London Ohio Sanitation Department Nov 14 Concerned resident 1
Paranormal Witness Werewolf (Oct '12) Nov 8 Blessed 219
Sarah Burris Nov 4 Smelly smell 7
Edward A Torres Oct 30 John 1
Stires Ashley aka Trashley Oct 24 Whats this 2
Is marc davis a idiot? (Feb '17) Oct '17 Bob grubbs 2

South Vienna Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Vienna Mortgages