1 dead, 1 injured after fight, shooti...

1 dead, 1 injured after fight, shooting outside St. Paul bar

There are 290 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 13, 2011, titled 1 dead, 1 injured after fight, shooting outside St. Paul bar. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

One man is dead and another injured after a fight and shooting outside a bar in St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Wow

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Apr 13, 2011
Where are all the good old bikers? Clean up Rice Street.
Maroon and Gold in Wisc

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Apr 13, 2011
Wow wrote:
Well said!
Rice St

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Apr 13, 2011
Wow wrote:
LOL: The Hells Outcast are now in their 70s and crack heads are living in their Base Camp.
Wow

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Apr 13, 2011
Rice St wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL: The Hells Outcast are now in their 70s and crack heads are living in their Base Camp.
I sure do miss those old guys.... I lived on Rice Street My whole life. How things have changed. Do you remember when you could walk down Rice Steet and did
not have to worry about getting robbed or killed. Now I am scared to send my kids to the store..Sad. Miss Jim Catlin and the real men of Rice Street.
DeMarco

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Apr 13, 2011
TC.com really needs to proof read their journalists articles before posting them. Sometimes I feel like I'm reading a second graders story - no real facts, incorrect punctuation, missing words, etc.
25 years on Rice

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Apr 13, 2011
Don't glorify those scumbag Outcasts, Valente's (sp) or Hell's Angels. If you look hard enough around the Eastside you'll run into the ones who are still alive. They for the most part are washed up old useless men with no skills to provide for themselves. I saw one of the Outcasts in the Arcade Bar a few weeks ago and he was wearing an extremely sun bleached baseball jacket with Outcasts embroidered on the back. It was comical because the jacket didn't fit very well anymore and looked like it belonged on a shelf in Detox for some drunk who didn't have a coat when he got arrested. He was nervous wearing the "colors" because a few "young urban men" were eyeballing him in his "colors". I bet they had no idea what the heck an Outcast was and probably didn't give a rip either. Maybe if we're lucky the new Minnesotans in gangs will eliminate the old has beens and vice-versa.

Since: Feb 11

AOL

#11 Apr 13, 2011
I think there might be one or two surviving patch holders for the Outcasts. I remember Catlin from the days when he was working at a youth drop in center on Front St. When he was in the room, everybody behaved!!
Wow

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Apr 13, 2011
25 years on Rice wrote:
Don't glorify those scumbag Outcasts, Valente's (sp) or Hell's Angels. If you look hard enough around the Eastside you'll run into the ones who are still alive. They for the most part are washed up old useless men with no skills to provide for themselves. I saw one of the Outcasts in the Arcade Bar a few weeks ago and he was wearing an extremely sun bleached baseball jacket with Outcasts embroidered on the back. It was comical because the jacket didn't fit very well anymore and looked like it belonged on a shelf in Detox for some drunk who didn't have a coat when he got arrested. He was nervous wearing the "colors" because a few "young urban men" were eyeballing him in his "colors". I bet they had no idea what the heck an Outcast was and probably didn't give a rip either. Maybe if we're lucky the new Minnesotans in gangs will eliminate the old has beens and vice-versa.
Well 25 on Rice. If you've been here that long you know. The nieghborhood was MUCH better when the Biker gangs where around. Little old ladies where not robbed at thier front door. Crack and Meth were not sold at Rice and Front Steet. Heck we, did not even have to lock are doors at night..Now you have to have your doors locked during the day when your home.
Rice St

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Apr 13, 2011
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>I sure do miss those old guys.... I lived on Rice Street My whole life. How things have changed. Do you remember when you could walk down Rice Steet and did
not have to worry about getting robbed or killed. Now I am scared to send my kids to the store..Sad. Miss Jim Catlin and the real men of Rice Street.
Most people have no idea how great it was to live in St Paul back in the day!

If you were from the Rice St area it was even better :)
Rice St

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Apr 13, 2011
ONE WHO KNOWS wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT ME!!! I CELEBRATE every time one of those murderous pig outcasts dies!!!
I take it You must have opened your Mouth and a size 12 Steel toe found its way in it?

Or did one of the guys steal you Girl friend and you still can't get over it?
old guy

Wilson, WI

#15 Apr 13, 2011
I wonder if Born still has the dog fights in the basement of his bar, that was always nice. there are several old outcasts still around a few belong to a car club called the pharaohs, all nice guys, hey we all grow up sooner or later, i see the younger outcasts hanging around nuemans bar in north st. paul , once and a while, these guys look nothing like the outcasts of the past, there to pretty.
allcrackedup

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Apr 13, 2011
Still the same old rice street, hasn't changed in 40 years. The only differance is the reporting, you didn't hear about most of the fights and drug activity unless someone died. Now with instant access to the news you hear everything. Still lovin the Northend.
Rice St

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Apr 13, 2011
25 years on Rice wrote:
I don't think anyone is glorifying any of them. It was just a fun time to be alive on Rice St! The St Paul Police are the new gang in the area now, and I must say, I love seeing them in Action. A lot of them have been raised in this area and still have parents and family here, and when the call comes in for this area you can expect at least a half dozen Cops to show up ready to Educate!
Rice St

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Apr 13, 2011
allcrackedup wrote:
Still the same old rice street, hasn't changed in 40 years. The only differance is the reporting, you didn't hear about most of the fights and drug activity unless someone died. Now with instant access to the news you hear everything. Still lovin the Northend.
40 years ago, You would not have seen a Crack Head dead on Rice St.
Fact is, the Crack Heads would not do very well if they crossed the bridge to the south of the North End area. Ya Know???
Laugh Out Loud

Kansas City, MO

#19 Apr 13, 2011
25 years on Rice wrote:
The Arcade Bar! Doesn't say much for you either does it?
Wow

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Apr 13, 2011
Rice St wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it You must have opened your Mouth and a size 12 Steel toe found its way in it?
Or did one of the guys steal you Girl friend and you still can't get over it?
LOL I bet he got the size 12
Dutch DelMonte

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Apr 13, 2011
Rice St wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact is, the Crack Heads would not do very well if they crossed the bridge to the south of the North End area. Ya Know???
The Rice Street White Trash of 40 years ago has been replaced by a new more diversified form of trash. Losers like Struss and Brunetts have moved on now replaced by other idiots.
Wow

Saint Paul, MN

#22 Apr 13, 2011
Rice St wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure miss those days!
Wisco Beef

New Berlin, IL

#23 Apr 13, 2011
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>Well 25 on Rice. If you've been here that long you know. The nieghborhood was MUCH better when the Biker gangs where around. Little old ladies where not robbed at thier front door. Crack and Meth were not sold at Rice and Front Steet. Heck we, did not even have to lock are doors at night..Now you have to have your doors locked during the day when your home.
Come on man, you need to learn to embrace hope & change as well as Franken, Coleman & Dayton love!!!!!
allcrackedup

Saint Paul, MN

#24 Apr 13, 2011
Rice St wrote:
<quoted text>
Crack heads, meth heads, tweekers -- all the same who cares... If you are a Rice Streeter, you were someone... Still love that place. How can you not! Bye the way does anyone know the body count at Borns Dutch Bar? It's got to be in the 20's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South St. Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Minn. School Kisses Valentine's Day and Other H... Fri PB in Saint Paul 1
News Police: Eagan firefighter arrested for arson in... (Sep '09) Feb 5 Koko 26
News St. Paul picks up sick leave issue stalled at C... Feb 5 PB in Saint Paul 1
OMG, Dayton Hospitalized, Is he on Medicare? Feb 5 king kong 2
News Is Diversity And Political Correctness Doing Mo... Feb 5 king kong 2
News More Punch Feb 5 king kong 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Chris Coleman as Mayor? (Oct '12) Feb 5 king kong 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

South St. Paul Mortgages