creepy OHIO STEAKS salesman on SHULTZ road, ROBBERS????

Posted in the South Shore Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
creeped out

Broken Arrow, OK

#1 Sep 21, 2010
Wanted to see if anyone knows anything about this. When I pulled upto my house this evening there were 2 men in an early 90's model minivan with magnetic stickers on the sides. The signs said something like Ohio Steaks. They were both out of their getto van. I got out of my car and felt very uneasy, like they were steaking my house out. My husband was gone at the time, so I was alone. Very scarry. Shultz.......... lock your doors and watch out. I looked this company up on the internet and it's non-existant.

Anyone have any clues about it?
lol

Flatwoods, KY

#2 Sep 22, 2010
Is that what it was? I was the only one here and they were banging on the door and ringing the door bell like crazy I sure wasn't going to answer it..When i looked out the window I seen a van leaving.
creeped out

Broken Arrow, OK

#3 Sep 22, 2010
yea those ppl didnt understand that a van of unknown men in your driveway doesnt make a person want to open a door or linger and talk
Mrs fix it

Portsmouth, OH

#4 Sep 22, 2010
I had a guy recently stop me while walking with my young son and ask me about if my family ate steaks,ribs or chicken. I was just walking to get my mail. I tried getting him to go away by saying I had no money on me(which I didnt) but then he said we take checks or credit cards. Whats funny is he was driving a reddish older dodge durango(maybe 2000 or a little newer). How in the heck are you going to take check or slide a credit card IN YOUR CAR lol. Then I said I'll have to check with my husband then the nosey ass asked me if he was home. I dunno who this person is but Im not that stupid to be giving out that kinda of info while with my young child.
well

Ashland, KY

#5 Sep 22, 2010
One day while outside my sss home, a wierd little white truck pulled up, and a man probably in his 50s got out. He had grayish black hair balding on top, and i think it was pulled back in a pony tail, this was like 3 yrs ago. He said he had some steaks left over and wanted to know if we ate that kind of stuff, and if i wanted to purchase any. Well i didnt, i never heard of a steak man, kinda like the milk man. The little truck looked like an old model of some sort, it had big doors to pull open like a freezer i guess. It may have been ligit, i dont know, but the whole thing gave me the creeps, and i had an uneasy feeling, so said no, he persisted for a sec, then left. Never heard of them b4 or after.
Real Meat

Russell, KY

#6 Sep 22, 2010
The company that does this kind of marketing for real is in Ashland on mid-land trail just past the KSP barracks. It is called "mid-western meat" or something like that. They send out sales people in small white trucks with a freezer in the back and a red emblem on the side. They go all over.

Their meat comes from Tenn. and is freeze-dried and packed in vacume sealed heavy plastic.

The people on the truck are sub-contractors.
They rent the trucks on a daily basis and hope to sell enough meat to get their investment back plus a profit. Hard way to make a living.
um noooooo

Ashland, KY

#7 Sep 22, 2010
that is not the name of the company, it was ohio steaks, no freezers, no coolers, just a beat up old mini van. definately not the same company
creepy

Greenup, KY

#8 Sep 23, 2010
samething happened to us this was a gray minivan old looking sort of beat up looking. two guy's wanted to sale stake's.they ack kinda of funny.keep looking around.We said we didnt want any meat so they left one set in the van one got out.if we dont know people than we dont buy stuff.dont trust people like this.
mike

Columbus, OH

#9 Apr 18, 2011
I worked for Ohio Steaks for the last two months. For the last 8 years I worked with a company in Colorado Springs that was very reputable but recently moved back to Hilliard because my father is sick.I quit Ohio Steaks because of their thuggish/felonious way of running their company.The owner's name is James Lee Stewart and he condones heroin and other drug use and abuse in his trucks.Most of us meatmen are reputable and are working hard to support our families and pay our bills.As in every aspect of life though there are a few bad apples who make hard working guys like myself look bad.If ANYONE from Ohio Steaks comes to your door call the police if you feel uncomfortable.Chances are there will be an arrest made for drugs or warrants.I'm not trying to scare anyone.The food itself is awesome.Just make sure that you are buying from a good company,not Ohio Steaks.
jason

United States

#10 Apr 30, 2011
from what i understand Ohio Steaks has a bad reputation of having drug addicts and theives working for them and the owner well isnt a reputable person himself, i also was approached by Ohio Steaks but it was a couple woman in a white Van, They defiantly looked to be on something and very trashy, what a way to run business ifs thats what you would call it......
sandi

Reynoldsburg, OH

#11 May 12, 2011
Well I actually did buy from Ohio steaks on more than one occasion and the meat was excellent as well as the price. Its hard enough to find a job give these people a break if they look trashy or like bums at least they are out trying to make an honest living and big up to the owner for giving them a chance. this is why society is the way it is now. Nobody is any better then the next man. Its sad that the focus here is on the appearance of the employs and not the quality or service the business actually provides
agree

Ashland, KY

#12 May 13, 2011
creeped out wrote:
Wanted to see if anyone knows anything about this. When I pulled upto my house this evening there were 2 men in an early 90's model minivan with magnetic stickers on the sides. The signs said something like Ohio Steaks. They were both out of their getto van. I got out of my car and felt very uneasy, like they were steaking my house out. My husband was gone at the time, so I was alone. Very scarry. Shultz.......... lock your doors and watch out. I looked this company up on the internet and it's non-existant.
Anyone have any clues about it?
what color van? men description?
mike from auto cars llc

Columbus, OH

#13 May 15, 2011
i think its a shame you people blame the owner and ohiosteaks workers for a few screwed up salesmen i know the owner and i have nerver brought steaks off him personly but i have brought from his trucks whickh there could and are welcome to my place of bussiness any time i have many barber shops in the eastside and carlots ilike the hustle all u salesmen out there keep grinding to to shine ps...all u fakers from the others states get life there in ohio ..............
mike from auto cars llc

Columbus, OH

#14 May 15, 2011
i love ohio steaks meats you should see them in try for your self
mary westside col

Columbus, OH

#15 May 15, 2011
i buy from ohio steaks every month on my ebt...card its free look and they always nice to me kids i get 568$ a month they work with me i love sefood and wish they keep bring it chicago ave columbus ohio thanks ohio steaks for bring meat to our city and working with the poor also ........ i see ohiosteaks may have a bad rep but whos kidding who at least there in bussiness giving to our comm, and working with felony's everyone need a 2chance so i app' everything this company does i try to work there and i have kids and ther hours was long but there fair and hard working and i would and going to keep geting my meat from tina and chass every day good luck mary westside
whatever

Ashland, KY

#16 May 16, 2011
mike from auto cars llc wrote:
i think its a shame you people blame the owner and ohiosteaks workers for a few screwed up salesmen i know the owner and i have nerver brought steaks off him personly but i have brought from his trucks whickh there could and are welcome to my place of bussiness any time i have many barber shops in the eastside and carlots ilike the hustle all u salesmen out there keep grinding to to shine ps...all u fakers from the others states get life there in ohio ..........
when they come to Kentucky we have a right to complain. If they do not want to hear it. They should stay in Ohio.
mary

Ashland, KY

#17 May 17, 2011
there have been too many break-ins in the area for us to just let down our guard
cops aren't able to cover the places, that's why we're so vulnerable
there are too many back roads
i don't want anybody showing up at my place to sale anything
if i wanted something, i'd go to the store and buy it
there are however some good neighbors, check with people you trust like family and friends who keep an eye open for strangers around your homes
Brittney

Columbus, OH

#18 May 25, 2011
Mike, The man told me to make the check out to him Does this sound right? I want to make sure my account will not be drained.
mike wrote:
I worked for Ohio Steaks for the last two months. For the last 8 years I worked with a company in Colorado Springs that was very reputable but recently moved back to Hilliard because my father is sick.I quit Ohio Steaks because of their thuggish/felonious way of running their company.The owner's name is James Lee Stewart and he condones heroin and other drug use and abuse in his trucks.Most of us meatmen are reputable and are working hard to support our families and pay our bills.As in every aspect of life though there are a few bad apples who make hard working guys like myself look bad.If ANYONE from Ohio Steaks comes to your door call the police if you feel uncomfortable.Chances are there will be an arrest made for drugs or warrants.I'm not trying to scare anyone.The food itself is awesome.Just make sure that you are buying from a good company,not Ohio Steaks.
anonymous

Hilliard, OH

#19 May 31, 2011
I worked for this company& they have a history of theft and drugs. To back this up you should Google "Meat truck found with drugs inside Logan Ohio." This happened a few months ago and is a real eye opener!!!
creeped out wrote:
Wanted to see if anyone knows anything about this. When I pulled upto my house this evening there were 2 men in an early 90's model minivan with magnetic stickers on the sides. The signs said something like Ohio Steaks. They were both out of their getto van. I got out of my car and felt very uneasy, like they were steaking my house out. My husband was gone at the time, so I was alone. Very scarry. Shultz.......... lock your doors and watch out. I looked this company up on the internet and it's non-existant.
Anyone have any clues about it?
anonymous

Hilliard, OH

#20 May 31, 2011
Mary- Tina and Chassis are addicts.You should.learn to spell!
mary westside col wrote:
i buy from ohio steaks every month on my ebt...card its free look and they always nice to me kids i get 568$ a month they work with me i love sefood and wish they keep bring it chicago ave columbus ohio thanks ohio steaks for bring meat to our city and working with the poor also ........ i see ohiosteaks may have a bad rep but whos kidding who at least there in bussiness giving to our comm, and working with felony's everyone need a 2chance so i app' everything this company does i try to work there and i have kids and ther hours was long but there fair and hard working and i would and going to keep geting my meat from tina and chass every day good luck mary westside

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Shore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Garrett Kazee (Aug '10) 35 min Wow 16
Dr Mathew Samuel (Nov '13) 8 hr Big J 11
$100 reward 14 hr Courtney 2
parenting 14 hr just me 4
Do girls like guys with long hair? (Jun '11) 17 hr tHe reaper 60
brickyard (May '14) 19 hr trapper john md 17
vanessa cooper 20 hr info 1
South Shore Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

South Shore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

South Shore News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in South Shore

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:09 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:09PM
A.J. Green out sick on Thursday
NBC Sports 3:13 PM
Colts hope to avoid distractions of Dallas stadium - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 3:50 PM
Bengals heading back into withering spotlight - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 6:32 PM
Week 16 skill-position injury report — Thursday
Bleacher Report 7:22 PM
Denver Broncos vs. Cincinnati Bengals: Complete Week 16 Preview for Denver