New Little League Board
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Parent

Ashland, KY

#2 Aug 15, 2011
BigPapa wrote:
Looks like the Harr family did not get their wish and there was 2 from the old board back on there. Some new faces and a couple old will do the job. Just hope that Mr Grayson will keep his wife away so things can run smoothly. With the Baker Lady gone there will be less fighting. Nothing will sneak by the Haywood bros. Let's play ball and hope that the Harr family understands what people really think about them. Good looking board if you ask me.
If everybody in the community would help out the league would run alot smoother. When the boards left to do everything, things seem to get overlooked from time to time. So then everybody wants to start blaming the board for everything being done wrong. That's why it's important for everybody to pitch in and do there part if not then everybody needs to quit complaining. I look forward to next season to see how everything goes. Good luck to everybody.
Looking forward

Marion, OH

#3 Aug 15, 2011
Well said, I couldn't agree more. After hearing the great news today about the new little league board I am once again looking forward to baseball season. It may take a while to get things straightened up, but at least I feel encouraged that the ones there now are there for the right reasons and are going to do all they can to make south shore have a great little league once again.
Looking forward

Marion, OH

#4 Aug 15, 2011
I was agreeing to the comment made by 'BigPapa' the other comment wasn't there when I started typing.
With that said I also agree that community support & involvement is necessary. from what I know of the new people on the board, I feel like they will encourage community involvement. They arent there to look good or to try to feel important they are there for the kids and for the community. I am sure they all understand that they will need the communities support and encourage it. I know they will be willing to let the community know what needs to be done, which is vital when expecting help. Let's all support them and wish them well. I know I don't want to see south shore lose it's little league which is Why I am so happy these people have stepped up to try to make things better.
Marty Moore

Marion, OH

#5 Aug 15, 2011
As a past board member, and vice president of the league, and to those who know my nickname as Big Papa in softball, I would never get on this site to run a friend, board member, or the league in the ground, this BIg Papa has more class than that... Sorry for the confusion Marty Moore
Becky Hudson

Ashland, KY

#6 Aug 15, 2011
BigPapa wrote:
Looks like the Harr family did not get their wish and there was 2 from the old board back on there. Some new faces and a couple old will do the job. Just hope that Mr Grayson will keep his wife away so things can run smoothly. With the Baker Lady gone there will be less fighting. Nothing will sneak by the Haywood bros. Let's play ball and hope that the Harr family understands what people really think about them. Good looking board if you ask me.
Just what do you mean by hope Mr. Grayson will keep his Wife away so things will run smoothly. you are a down right idiot. Put your name on here so I can tell you to your face. There will never be anyone to replace all the things Leigh had to do and take care of for the league. there is no one that will be able to fill her shoes.and there were more than just 2 people from the old board. You thank you know so much,
parent

Marion, OH

#7 Aug 15, 2011
Who are the new board members?
Becky Hudson

Ashland, KY

#8 Aug 15, 2011
Garry and Karen Gilliam, Heather Potter, Mike Ratliff, Luke and Duke Haywood, Josh Grayson Jim Crosier, Caine Bazler, Brenden Balistera, Chris Bentley, Charlie Farley. The officers will be picked from these people.
Myvote

Ashland, KY

#9 Aug 15, 2011
My vote is Duke Haywood for Pres.
truth

Ashland, KY

#10 Aug 15, 2011
Myvote wrote:
My vote is Duke Haywood for Pres.
only the people that get to vote are the peoples names that were listed are you one of them. If you are your not allowed to comment on here its against little league rules. here we go again. not knowing the rules of the game.
clueless

Ashland, KY

#11 Aug 15, 2011
Looking forward wrote:
Well said, I couldn't agree more. After hearing the great news today about the new little league board I am once again looking forward to baseball season. It may take a while to get things straightened up, but at least I feel encouraged that the ones there now are there for the right reasons and are going to do all they can to make south shore have a great little league once again.
there was never anyone there for the wrong reason, they were there for the kids, but couldnt get any support from the parents. all the parents thought they were suppose to do was come and watch their kids play ball. Did you thank it was just going to run its self. If you did your clueless,and thats not the way it works. If you want to know about the way it works go to little league .org and it will explain it to you, and give word for word what the board and officers duties and what the parent volunteer obligations are so you will know first hand. And then you will know what your talking about,instead of just setting around complaining about things you dont have a clue about.
Parent

United States

#12 Aug 15, 2011
BigPapa wrote:
Why would u get on here and talk about the Harrs. Regardless of what u think about the here is what I seen this year, I see. Them working on the fields, working with the girls, cleaning up andputting alot of time into stan spence. I'm sure they they r just as dedicated to that league as anyone Down there. Why would u get on here and put them down like that. This is why sta. Spence will never get anywhere. Am I saying that they need to be on the board or run things, no, but fact is they worked just as hard as anyone did and they don't deserve to be put down. Who on earth would want to be on that board anyway, because u guys can take all the slack while the rest of us, jus sells our tickets and enjoys watching our kids. Lol hopefully mike and Julie enjoy this next year
ss parent

United States

#13 Aug 15, 2011
That's odd that duke is on the board down here when his daughter plays at greenup.
mom

Portsmouth, OH

#14 Aug 16, 2011
BigPapa wrote:
Your just one person so speak for yourself. Mike and Julie are good people and they are there for the kids. My daughter played for them in the past and she would be happy to play for them again. Leave people who try to help alone!!!! Julie and Mike Don't let what this jack ass says get to you because anyone that matters knows what good people you are. Also as for Leighann she is a good peson too. I would like to see you ass there all the time she was working. Leighann I know you won't but dont worry about what this jack ass has to say.
yes it is

Ashland, KY

#15 Aug 16, 2011
ss parent wrote:
That's odd that duke is on the board down here when his daughter plays at greenup.
kind of makes you wonder about the ulterior motive, doesnt it.
Looking forward

Marion, OH

#16 Aug 16, 2011
ss parent wrote:
Rumor is that he's bringing her to play down here next year, that's what I heard anyway. Even if it's not true and his kid doesn't play down here he has a young nephew who still has a long time left in little league. Besides that Duke Haywood has played sports his entire life and grew up playing ball at those ball fields, heck his uncle ran the league for a long time, which says that he ought to know what's going on better than most that have kids playing in the league. He is a fine man who will stand up for what's right and not let any nonsense go on. Maybe if we had more people like him on the that board these past years it wouldn't be in the shape it's in now.
Laughing

Marion, OH

#17 Aug 16, 2011
yes it is wrote:
<quoted text> kind of makes you wonder about the ulterior motive, doesnt it.
That's funny. What kind of ulterior motives? Seriously I am cracking up. If you have ever talked to Duke you would know that he has no ulterior motives about anything. He let's it be known what he thinks & what he wants.
What's sad though is that there are some people who just don't see that south Shore's Little League is not about the board who is on the board. It is about: THE KIDS. To many people have forgotten that over the years and have let their ego's get in the way of the whole point of the board, which is to make sure there is a league for these kids to play in, to make sure these kids are learning & having a good, enjoyable experience while doing so and to help out so that the kids can do so.
It is ridiculous that people are already talking bad about this new board and they just got elected to it. The ones who are doing the bad mouthing & saying these people will never be able to do it & all that, are only proving what everyone has been saying all along. You see, IF the previous board members & there family members that are doing the bad mouthing, were really on the board & working for the good of the kids, it wouldn' matter who was on the board, they'd just want to see improvements. If they'd been doing it for the kids, they would see how desperate that board was for a change.
They would understand that a new board means NEW ideas, new perspectives, which are desperately needed with all the problems the previous board had. They'd see how badly the community wanted a change, so now that there has been change, the community will get involved once again. Theyd get that it's not about being on the board, it's about helping and showing support to these kids, so they can play ball in a positive environment.
FYI: showing support for these kids is not complaining about how the new board will never 'fill someone's
shoes' or talking about how they were stabbed in the back.
So I say let it go & let this new board at least get started before complaining about them. Give them a chance and see what they can do.
Classmate

Jersey City, NJ

#18 Aug 16, 2011
The Haywoods are trouble and always have been!
Becky

Ashland, KY

#19 Aug 16, 2011
Laughing wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny. What kind of ulterior motives? Seriously I am cracking up. If you have ever talked to Duke you would know that he has no ulterior motives about anything. He let's it be known what he thinks & what he wants.
What's sad though is that there are some people who just don't see that south Shore's Little League is not about the board who is on the board. It is about: THE KIDS. To many people have forgotten that over the years and have let their ego's get in the way of the whole point of the board, which is to make sure there is a league for these kids to play in, to make sure these kids are learning & having a good, enjoyable experience while doing so and to help out so that the kids can do so.
It is ridiculous that people are already talking bad about this new board and they just got elected to it. The ones who are doing the bad mouthing & saying these people will never be able to do it & all that, are only proving what everyone has been saying all along. You see, IF the previous board members & there family members that are doing the bad mouthing, were really on the board & working for the good of the kids, it wouldn' matter who was on the board, they'd just want to see improvements. If they'd been doing it for the kids, they would see how desperate that board was for a change.
They would understand that a new board means NEW ideas, new perspectives, which are desperately needed with all the problems the previous board had. They'd see how badly the community wanted a change, so now that there has been change, the community will get involved once again. Theyd get that it's not about being on the board, it's about helping and showing support to these kids, so they can play ball in a positive environment.
FYI: showing support for these kids is not complaining about how the new board will never 'fill someone's
shoes' or talking about how they were stabbed in the back.
So I say let it go & let this new board at least get started before complaining about them. Give them a chance and see what they can do.
Why dont you put your name on here or talk to someones face instead of writing on here. I was making comment about what Big Papa said about my daughter, had nothing to do with the kids. I just know that no one is going to spend the hours Leigh did over there for a fact , Dont like the truth to be told or what.
Becky

Ashland, KY

#20 Aug 16, 2011
Just how do you think its going to change, this crap has been going on for years.It doesnt matter who is in charge, there has always been just a few every year that will help out. In over thirty years its still the same, it hasnt changed one bit, If you think its going to your off your rocker.Been there with my kids and now with my Grandkids and its still the same old crap. ASk any one that has been there over the last thirty years or more. If this new board can change anything it will be the first one in the history of the league.
BigPapa

Ashland, KY

#21 Aug 16, 2011
I do want to apologize about the misunderstanding with the name I chose to use. I was unaware of someone having that nick name at the ballfield.
The point that I was making in respect to the Harr's was, they were nominated and votes were cast in their presence by their peers and neither of them made the board. If they worked so hard at the field and did so many things, why wasn't it reconized? There is something that kept them from getting elected to the board. When you figure it out, please share it.
Lee Grayson is a loud mouth that does not know when to shut it. She is rude and controlling. just maybe whoever is in charge will have their kids running in and out of the concession stand like animals. My wife helped in there one day and swore never to go back because Lee complaining about everything and everybody and her kids under the volunteers feet.
I will not post again but wanted to further explain my comments and clarify that the name used was not Mr Moore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Shore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angel justice 22 hr Go me 1
Ryan biederman Tue Jake 2
Joe Davis?? Mon hmmmmm 1
Michael Sammons Arrested Mon BarneyFyffe 1
Side walk in Lloyd Mon In the Know 6
David wayne Stiltner AKA Mooch (Dec '09) Mon Update 42
Anthony 'Tony' Reinhardt on Beechy Mon freelancehobo 4

South Shore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance