south shore little league
WOW

United States

#21 Apr 28, 2010
Okay… Sick of this crap (Tony Nickel) and Hoss (Heather Potter) are you really resolving anything putting this stuff on here? Have you tried acting like an adult and speaking to them? Or is there really a problem? Are your children even on their team? Why put the kid’s names on here? Is the problem the coaches or that their kids are better than yours and just like the welfare people you think because they worked for it you should get some of it too… just asking
grandparent

Ashland, KY

#22 Apr 28, 2010
give it a break. you cant please everyone no matter how hard you try. if you want changes then volunteer your serves,and dont complain about it. most of those that always complains wouldnt turn a hand to help. why do you even sign up to let your children play. I've notice the last few years its always the same volunteers working their backsides off for the kids. and someone always complains about something. try doing their job one time. and see what happens.the parents have a responsibility in this matter too, not to go to just watch the games. why dont you take time and ask if you could do something to help out.
Bill

Ashland, KY

#23 Apr 28, 2010
I've read all the post know one is talking about how big the kids are, or anything about the kids!!! their talking about the age of the teams, Sammons team does have alot of older kids compared to the other teams, i get where their coming for its probably not fair but who cares, the other parents just want even teams, thats all this is, no one's bashing traveling teams, some people just take some bad critisisum and runs with it and sorry about the spelling
help wanted

Ashland, KY

#24 Apr 29, 2010
earl wrote:
welp Sat was just like always with some people thinking these kids are magor league players. it'll never stop especially in South Shore. to many high society people think thier better than everyone else and plus some takes thier kids to greenup with the mudcats or whatever they are plus play in south shore. they have some dandy people on the board to let me tell ya. let the kids have fun and quit being so freakn competitive people. ur all idiots!!!!!!!!!
they have some dandy people on the board to let me tell ya. what does that mean??????
Old Geeser

Hodgenville, KY

#25 May 2, 2010
Who is the old geeser that umps. for the (south shore little league ) he has ' groped and rubbed all over these young girls for years ,the way i hear it the only reason he has been there so long is because he gets to stand and stair and look at their ass when they are bent over and (ALWAYS) hugging on one of them or someone`s wife or girlfriend ! this has been going on for years and i do mean many ,many years (my daughter looks back now saying thats why her daughter will never play there as long as he comes there he use to rub all over " HER" when when she played there in the eighty`s- i wish she had told me then i would have set the record straight with him and I still might !
" GET RID OF THAT CHILD MOLESTER "
get someone to ump thats around these kids same age not some old bastard just there to look at their ass and touch them every chance he gets !
a grand parent

Ashland, KY

#26 May 2, 2010
Old Geeser wrote:
Who is the old geeser that umps. for the (south shore little league ) he has ' groped and rubbed all over these young girls for years ,the way i hear it the only reason he has been there so long is because he gets to stand and stair and look at their ass when they are bent over and (ALWAYS) hugging on one of them or someone`s wife or girlfriend ! this has been going on for years and i do mean many ,many years (my daughter looks back now saying thats why her daughter will never play there as long as he comes there he use to rub all over " HER" when when she played there in the eighty`s- i wish she had told me then i would have set the record straight with him and I still might !
" GET RID OF THAT CHILD MOLESTER "
get someone to ump thats around these kids same age not some old bastard just there to look at their ass and touch them every chance he gets !
omg, your about as far out in left field as you can get, what you said could get you in a lot of trouble, your about as wrong as you can get. I hope he takes your butt to court. for lieing on him.
Old Geeser

Hodgenville, KY

#27 May 2, 2010
a grand parent wrote:
<quoted text> omg, your about as far out in left field as you can get, what you said could get you in a lot of trouble, your about as wrong as you can get. I hope he takes your butt to court. for lieing on him.
my daughter did not lie and all i am saying is watch out for the kids and how he acts around them. i set and seen my daughter almost cry telling me why her girls will never go there and play as long as he is there and if he wants to take me to court that is alright too, then we will get somethings straight ! TED
a grand parent

Ashland, KY

#28 May 2, 2010
Old Geeser wrote:
<quoted text>
my daughter did not lie and all i am saying is watch out for the kids and how he acts around them. i set and seen my daughter almost cry telling me why her girls will never go there and play as long as he is there and if he wants to take me to court that is alright too, then we will get somethings straight ! TED
well you are dead wrong, and i wouldnt repeat something like that. have known him for years and he would never do something like that, thats a fact.
Old Geeser

Hodgenville, KY

#29 May 2, 2010
a grand parent wrote:
<quoted text> well you are dead wrong, and i wouldnt repeat something like that. have known him for years and he would never do something like that, thats a fact.
so you are telling me my daughter is lieing to me all this time ?
i dont think sooooo !
one of a kind

Ashland, KY

#30 May 2, 2010
Old Geeser wrote:
<quoted text>
so you are telling me my daughter is lieing to me all this time ?
i dont think sooooo !
I never said anything about your daughter. I was talking about Bunk. but its awfull funny that you have waited 20 years to start worrying about it. If you thought that was what was going on ,thats when you should have worried about it, and reported it. Im not quite sure he was umpireing girls softball in the eightys, had kids playing then a son and a daughter
Gwen McCoy

Russell, KY

#31 May 3, 2010
I never get on this sight. I think its crap. When I heard about this I had to respond. Tony Sammons coaches my child's T-ball team. I have to say he is great with my child and every other child on his team. My child is very hyper and doesnt listen but Tony is very patient with her. My child loves her coach and thats what counts. To each their own but Ive known Tony most of my life and I think he is a great guy!
know them

Grayson, KY

#32 May 3, 2010
these coaches give their time to our kids. thank you is all i know to say to all of the volunteer coaches because i KNOW i could not organize a team of young football/baseball players. it takes a good parent and a good person to have the patience to teach- not only your own child, but an entire team. so again...thanks guys
HILARIOUS

Ashland, KY

#33 May 6, 2010
Do people in South Shore or Greenup seriously think that there is an upper-class in their towns? I can't imagine what the South Shore and Greenup upper class look like, but it's got to be hilarious. I'm not an outsider either, I actually went to Greenup (not proud of it), I learned to spell on my own so they can't even have credit for that. OK - I'm done.
Hilarioushuh

Marion, OH

#35 May 6, 2010
HILARIOUS wrote:
Do people in South Shore or Greenup seriously think that there is an upper-class in their towns? I can't imagine what the South Shore and Greenup upper class look like, but it's got to be hilarious. I'm not an outsider either, I actually went to Greenup (not proud of it), I learned to spell on my own so they can't even have credit for that. OK - I'm done.
You definately won't see upper class if you look in the mirror. ;)
sammons fan club

Idalou, TX

#37 May 9, 2010
i think you people bashing tony sammons are a joke. im sure i am not the only person that would say tony sammons is one of the nicest people i know and the best coach ever. i would rather have my kids play for another league than play for stan spence under some of their other "great" (hahaha) coaches or board members that pick and chose which coaches are allowed to have certain privalages if they are friends or family w/ the board members.
tony sammons should start his own league...at least that would be one that teaches honesty,fairness and hardwork
aabc

Hollywood, FL

#38 May 10, 2010
My son has played both ll and aabc. AABC was by far a much better league. He was a superstar in LL and didn't seem to get any better. We went to AABC and he was on the same talent level as the rest of the boys. Kids need competition to get better. BTW anyone can play AABC. You just need a coach to start a team. And 9 kids to play.
Doug

Elizabethtown, KY

#39 May 10, 2010
sammons fan club wrote:
i think you people bashing tony sammons are a joke. im sure i am not the only person that would say tony sammons is one of the nicest people i know and the best coach ever. i would rather have my kids play for another league than play for stan spence under some of their other "great" (hahaha) coaches or board members that pick and chose which coaches are allowed to have certain privalages if they are friends or family w/ the board members.
tony sammons should start his own league...at least that would be one that teaches honesty,fairness and hardwork
YOU don't know what your talking about Sammons is a nice guy, but he and French got to pick their team, i do understand half the kids on the team are their own kids which does help to do that but the other 3 teams got what was left,i'm just happy that they have lost a game and tied a game it makes the other smaller teams feel a little better about their teams, at some point the board should not let coaches do this, but the board is weak and doesn't want any friction, Sammons and French are good guys but they could be better teachers of sportmanship
a grandparent

Ashland, KY

#40 May 10, 2010
Doug wrote:
<quoted text>YOU don't know what your talking about Sammons is a nice guy, but he and French got to pick their team, i do understand half the kids on the team are their own kids which does help to do that but the other 3 teams got what was left,i'm just happy that they have lost a game and tied a game it makes the other smaller teams feel a little better about their teams, at some point the board should not let coaches do this, but the board is weak and doesn't want any friction, Sammons and French are good guys but they could be better teachers of sportmanship
do you know how the draft works? and the board is going by the rules and they are not weak. they are doing what is correct according to the rules. read up on the rules.
Doug

Elizabethtown, KY

#41 May 10, 2010
a grandparent wrote:
<quoted text> do you know how the draft works? and the board is going by the rules and they are not weak. they are doing what is correct according to the rules. read up on the rules.
were you at the draft???i was and it didn't work that way
a grandparent

Ashland, KY

#42 May 10, 2010
Doug wrote:
<quoted text>were you at the draft???i was and it didn't work that way
the coachs picked who they wanted didnt they, you cant please everyone. its kind of late now to worry about it. volunteer your time to help out. they sure could use some help. two or three people cant do it all. the parents have a responsibility in helping with concession and field maintenance. and they shouldnt just drop there children off and come back later and pick them up, it should be mandetory on working the concession, that is the main source of income for your league. an adult should be in attendance with their children in case of an accident at all times. there was no way i would let my child go to the ballgames by themselves. its not a free baby setting service.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Shore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sarah tavis (Nov '16) 7 hr Greenup 5
Bitch from massachusetts 12 hr Clark 4
Needing a girl for fwb situation Wed Chris 1
Need a good looking girl Wed DontBeAFool 4
Greenup softball Tue Just a thought 6
tina bailey (Jun '11) Tue Citizen concerned 11
boxer mix male puppies (Jun '13) Tue iRescue 3

South Shore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance