U.S. ending pursuit of illegal immigr...

U.S. ending pursuit of illegal immigrants who commit minor crimes

There are 149 comments on the San Jose Mercury News story from Dec 22, 2012, titled U.S. ending pursuit of illegal immigrants who commit minor crimes. In it, San Jose Mercury News reports that:

Federal agents no longer will scoop up jailed illegal immigrants who had been picked up by police for traffic offenses and other petty crimes, the nation's top immigration enforcer announced Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Jose Mercury News.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#151 Jan 14, 2013
I do take great pride in calling out lying hypocrites but in your case it is way too easy.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#152 Jan 14, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
I do take great pride in calling out lying hypocrites but in your case it is way too easy.
That's strange. Only one of us ever gets called out on their BS. Sadly they do not know enough to give up.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#154 Jan 15, 2013
BRAZILIAN LOVER wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT ALL OF THE PEOPLE HERE ARE CRIMINALS. I KNOW FIRST HAND OF SEVERAL PEOPLE HERE THAT DO PAY TAXES!! OBEY ALL THE LAWS!! USE THERE OWN IDS(PASSPORT). AND DONT DRIVE FOR THE FACT THEY DONT HAVE A LICENSE. SO DONT JUDGE BEFORE KNOWING ALL FACTS ! EVERYONES SITUATION IS NOT THE SAME.. BESIDES THAT WAT ABOUT MOST AMERICANS WELFARE FRUAD, TAX FRAUD AND ETC.. SEE ITS NOT JUST ILLEGALS!
IM AMERICAN AND SEE THIS . KNOW AL THE FACTS FOR EACH CASE!


Pay taxes? It's illegal for them to be working in this country, that's another law broken. Any Americans committing crime here, it's their country. Illegal aliens sneak in and still are stupid enough to commit crimes while they are here and act surprised when they are deported.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#155 Jan 15, 2013
spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay taxes? It's illegal for them to be working in this country, that's another law broken. Any Americans committing crime here, it's their country. Illegal aliens sneak in and still are stupid enough to commit crimes while they are here and act surprised when they are deported.
Oh my God. They are paying taxes. How horrible.

Leave it to you to complain about somebody who is subsidizing your ass.
El Cid

Austin, TX

#156 Jan 18, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my God. They are paying taxes. How horrible.
Leave it to you to complain about somebody who is subsidizing your ass.
Whatever taxes the few out ot tens of millions of illegals may pay, local sales taxes and maybe even state or federal income taxes by identity theft or forged government documents are drops in the bucket for what they take away from taxpayers.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#157 Jan 18, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever taxes the few out ot tens of millions of illegals may pay, local sales taxes and maybe even state or federal income taxes by identity theft or forged government documents are drops in the bucket for what they take away from taxpayers.
Tens of millions? That's funny. You just repeat any wing nut thing you hear on Topix. The rest of your post is equally silly and unsupported.
TrueStatement

Daly City, CA

#159 Mar 21, 2013
illegal means illegal wrote:
<quoted text>the law must be enforced plain and simple,ignorant people are those who belive they can use history to invade,if that's the case then those Spaniards owe you Mexicans a lot of shit,Try and collect from them and see what happens?the same thing that will happen with your pursuit of amnesty,nothing.
Its not about using history to invade. truth is you have to see it from both points of views. People are just striving, for survival & better lives. Although yes, illegal is in fact illegal, im sure you would do the same too if you come from a third world country & saw the hunger,poverty, crime, murders, injustice, & very low chance of survival, with no chance to get away from it legally. Cant always judge and use stereotypes, and say things like they are "invading my country." Snotty, careless people like that are irrelevant.
WOW

Chula Vista, CA

#160 Mar 22, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why you are not taken seriously.
Who ever suggested getting drunk and ramming police cars would be "a minor crime"? Who?
Try worrying about things that happen in real life instead of just in your head.
The problem with this whole 'idea' is that the majority of illegals are guilty of at least some type of crime that, if documented, would disqualify them from this whold shamnesty thing.

Those driving drunk and who hit other cars or, God forbid, people...they simply 'flee the scene'. Many violent crimes committed by this population go unreported so these crimes will NOT show up on any background check (should they even really do any).
Americans 1st

Chula Vista, CA

#161 Mar 22, 2013
TrueStatement wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not about using history to invade. truth is you have to see it from both points of views. People are just striving, for survival & better lives. Although yes, illegal is in fact illegal, im sure you would do the same too if you come from a third world country & saw the hunger,poverty, crime, murders, injustice, & very low chance of survival, with no chance to get away from it legally. Cant always judge and use stereotypes, and say things like they are "invading my country." Snotty, careless people like that are irrelevant.
America can not continue to be the solver of all the world's ills. I empathize with the poor Mexicans that really do cross for a chance at a better life; however, I have to draw the line at those chances for their better lives comes at the expense of poor Americans' chance at better lives! Wage suppression, overwhelming of various systems (public aide, emergency rooms, labor market...)! America must remove the incentives that cause people to believe that America is the land of milk and honey! America must send the message that we take illegally crossing our borders very serious! Sure, if I was born in Mexico and I was poor and in the same circumstances as SOME of the millions of illegal aliens that cross our borders illegally...and IF America made it SOOOO easy and beneficial for me to come to their country illegally...sure I would give it a try. Mexicans who come here, illegally, are taking advantage of our weak links in our systems and you know it! Otherwise, not only would they cross, illegally, into the U.S. they would also do so into Canada; however, Canada does not have the ridiculous anti-productive immigration policies that we have RATHER our policies, as they stand, are GREAT....it is our ENFORCEMENT of these great polices that are bad...then, there are the incentives: drop a baby, get on welfare, work under the table or through fraudulent documentation means and shut down our emergency rooms by using them as your source of FREE HEALTHCARE. Shame on them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South San Francisco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Katharine the great white shark 3 hr marcia neil 1
News Novato murder suspect fires lawyer, delaying trial (Mar '10) 17 hr mikexeznutz 148
News Los Gatos man slain in East Oakland identified (Mar '16) 19 hr Dudley 16
News H-1B visas may be targeted for reform Mon Wildchild 1
Seperation Supporters Mon Inquisitor 8
help a family in need Sat jkee 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sat Well Well 20,775

South San Francisco Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South San Francisco Mortgages