U.S. ending pursuit of illegal immigr...

U.S. ending pursuit of illegal immigrants who commit minor crimes

There are 149 comments on the San Jose Mercury News story from Dec 22, 2012, titled U.S. ending pursuit of illegal immigrants who commit minor crimes. In it, San Jose Mercury News reports that:

Federal agents no longer will scoop up jailed illegal immigrants who had been picked up by police for traffic offenses and other petty crimes, the nation's top immigration enforcer announced Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Jose Mercury News.

Paul

De Soto, KS

#24 Dec 23, 2012
Rico the Holy One wrote:
<quoted text>
If income tax evasion is so horrible of a crime then why did you support Mitt Romney... a cut & dry tax evader who hid his tax returns becuase he's a tax evader?
Yet you voted for that tax evader.
You're no American.
Now leave the USA!
Your threats are adding up Rico.
Paul

De Soto, KS

#25 Dec 23, 2012
Raider Nation wrote:
America needs to focus of White people who kill 20 innocent children and 7 adults and you call us criminals??? Lol what about the movie theater massacre???? White also. Think about what you all say before speaking out
Rico you'll always be ID'd.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#26 Dec 23, 2012
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Are these serious questions? Let's break it down.
A major crime would be called a felony.
A minor crime which you have proposed committing would be a minor crime.
If somebody were to enter the country illegally that is called unlawful presence. This is what is known as a civil offense. It is not a crime at all.
This places unlawful presence into the same legal classification as a traffic ticket. I do not know if you have ever received a traffic ticket, but it would be quite unusual for somebody to be detained for a traffic ticket. The police generally let you go home. Unless of course you are undocumented and then you would be in much more trouble.
So you are right. There is a double standard. If you commit a civil offense you pay a fine and go on with your life, but if an undocumented person were to do the exact same thing the consequences would be much different.
True there is a double standard. If you are citizens and commit a civil offence you will most likely pay a fine and possibly in the extreme case receive a short jail sentence. If you are an illegal alien you get a free pass. In fact the worst thing that used to happen is you would be deported which as we all know is not a punishment and now you will not even be deported. You will be released and allowed to continue your life of crime with total immunity. This new policy amounts to instant amnesty by placing one group of criminals above the law. It is like being caught shop lifting and then being released with no charges and all the merchandise you stole.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#27 Dec 23, 2012
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
True there is a double standard. If you are citizens and commit a civil offence you will most likely pay a fine and possibly in the extreme case receive a short jail sentence. If you are an illegal alien you get a free pass. In fact the worst thing that used to happen is you would be deported which as we all know is not a punishment and now you will not even be deported. You will be released and allowed to continue your life of crime with total immunity. This new policy amounts to instant amnesty by placing one group of criminals above the law. It is like being caught shop lifting and then being released with no charges and all the merchandise you stole.
Free pass? You know better then that.

This is not even worth responding to.
Ninerrider

Los Angeles, CA

#28 Dec 23, 2012
illegal means illegal wrote:
<quoted text>I think its funny how illegals Try to push thier agenda by pointing a finger at Americans who comit crimes,well its not going to work,Mexico allows cartels to kidnap,torture and kill its citizens,many of those parasites end up in my country and they absolutely comit crimes such as rape,murder,robberies,forced prostitution and ofcourse the one they break ever second of everyday is unlawful presence.
Its stupid when people claim the u.s as "my country". If you want to break it down like that, its nobodys country, including whites. If it hadn't been conquered, you would be an illegal here. So shut up ignorant person.
ima

United States

#29 Dec 23, 2012
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Free pass? You know better then that.
This is not even worth responding to.
DeeDee is right and you memo, are totally against our country's laws.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#30 Dec 23, 2012
Raider Nation wrote:
America needs to focus of White people who kill 20 innocent children and 7 adults and you call us criminals??? Lol what about the movie theater massacre???? White also. Think about what you all say before speaking out
It's playing the odds. You take a million white people and you might get a few people who are insane. You take a million brown people and you might get a few people who are sane. Just Sayin!!!
Reality Check

Jacksonville, FL

#31 Dec 23, 2012
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
Buffoon, I have never been to Canada. I am born and raised 7th generation Texan.
As far as I can see some have never been further than the little cities where they lived all their lives,
I had a young marine as my next door he is a very open minded person from Texas, maybe that is because of his exposure to different cultures. some of that may help.
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#32 Dec 23, 2012
12 Americans die everyday at the hands of illegal immigrant's. This Country was conquered and civilized by predominantly whites. I'm not a racist by any stretch. My children were raised to be color blind. But the influence of certain races that have not been invited by America, are not the kind of people that built this Country. They did not give the ultimate for the Unites States. They take advantage of this Country's wealth, and by any means possible. We simply don't want them here. We have seen what's happened to the Country since 86 with the amnesty Reagan gave them. They don't belong here. They have not been invited in. Got it...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#33 Dec 23, 2012
illegal means illegal wrote:
<quoted text>thank you for reporting him,people like him and x-man,frito bandito and a few others like to say whatever comes to thier minds but when people say anything "wrong" about illegal aliens they get upset and report you.
it looks like they are la raza folks trying to bring someone into anger and say something they can use in their hate Americans papers and what not so they can point the finger and cry racist.all their own material has ran dry.
Juan

Pearland, TX

#34 Dec 24, 2012
My boss gave me a free ham for christmas. Wow !

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#35 Dec 24, 2012
Juan wrote:
My boss gave me a free ham for christmas. Wow !
thats the same one he pulled out of this arse
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#36 Dec 24, 2012
Juan wrote:
My boss gave me a free ham for christmas. Wow !
My CEO gave me a nice bonus, and ham's for two hundred fifty people. Plus Buffet's at the Country Club. Juan. All you got was a Ham? He's cheap.
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#37 Dec 24, 2012
Juan wrote:
My boss gave me a free ham for christmas. Wow !
Merry Christmas Juanita.....
Raider Nation

San Bruno, CA

#38 Dec 24, 2012
ronnie wrote:
<quoted text>My CEO gave me a nice bonus, and ham's for two hundred fifty people. Plus Buffet's at the Country Club. Juan. All you got was a Ham? He's cheap.
He was indian i bet
illegal means illegal

Brooklyn, NY

#39 Dec 25, 2012
Ninerrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Its stupid when people claim the u.s as "my country". If you want to break it down like that, its nobodys country, including whites. If it hadn't been conquered, you would be an illegal here. So shut up ignorant person.
the law must be enforced plain and simple,ignorant people are those who belive they can use history to invade,if that's the case then those Spaniards owe you Mexicans a lot of shit,Try and collect from them and see what happens?the same thing that will happen with your pursuit of amnesty,nothing.
jabulani zuma

Harvey, LA

#40 Dec 25, 2012
We are hard workers we work for seven dollar an hour which americans could not,how can I live now I have kids here now it is very hard to leave now who will take care of my son if I leave.
illegal means illegal

Brooklyn, NY

#42 Dec 25, 2012
jabulani zuma wrote:
We are hard workers we work for seven dollar an hour which americans could not,how can I live now I have kids here now it is very hard to leave now who will take care of my son if I leave.
if you don't take him then he will be just fine in our foster care system,please stop using the anchor baby and We work hard excuses its pathetic,go home and either demand justice from your own country or get in line like the rest of the world and if We need workers to do "jobs Americans won't do" then a guest worker program would do just fine.
Raider Nation

San Bruno, CA

#44 Dec 25, 2012
No thanks we are here and we aint leaving.
illegal means illegal

Brooklyn, NY

#45 Dec 25, 2012
Raider Nation wrote:
No thanks we are here and we aint leaving.
not yet but you will soon enough

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South San Francisco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr Boo 21,334
Best Thanksgiving Pies in San Francisco! Nov 14 Noe Valley Bakery 1
News Bob Goodlatte leaves White House, immigration h... Nov 14 genese 1
Al gore heats his pool? When not home? Nov 13 cadescove99 2
News OAKLAND / Boy, 15, dies after drive-by shooting (Jan '06) Nov 13 Kosa 384
Something huge is coming, and if you missed the... Nov 12 kjack59 2
News 'Patriot Prayer' organizer says he's willing to... Aug '17 Christsharian Dee... 1

South San Francisco Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South San Francisco Mortgages