Laura Medina gets 11 years in car-chase manslaughter case

Full story: San Jose Mercury News

Laura Medina, who pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter in the June 2004 death of Manteca resident Michelle Dickerson, was sentenced to 11 years in prison at an emotional hearing Monday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of92
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Catherine

Cambridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 28, 2007
 

Judged:

1

Laura Medina seems caught up in a huge web of self-pity and narcissim. If you read her postings from prison on her myspace page (the one set up by her mother) there is hardly a mention of Michelle Dickerson. It is all about Laura - what she has been through, how she has suffered, how she is the victim. All classic signs of a narcissistic personality. Her mother seems to fuel this personality disorder by furthering Laura's view of herself as the victim. My prayers are with the Dickerson family.
joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 10, 2007
 
i agree catherine. medina has been institutionalized and is acting like a true criminal. she has no remorse for her actions and does not realize that she ended the life of a young woman. to her jail is just an inconvienance. i am sure she will become a career criminal and live a life of crime. i am glad she will be put away for the next decade or so. i hope she is punished.
CAROL

Middlefield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 6, 2007
 
WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT LAURA TO SAY ABOUT A DEAD PERSON..... WHAT IS MICHELLE REALLY FEELING RIGHT NOW , IF SHE WAS A GREAT SWEET PERSON THAN SHE WITH HER TRUE FATHER IN A BETTER PLACE. AS FOR LAURA SHE IS SIMPLY EXPRESSING HERSELF AND IF ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY IS NEGATIVE THAN MAYBE YOU SHOULD STAY OFF HER PAGE..........
CAROL

Middlefield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 6, 2007
 
OOPS I HAD SOME TYPOS BECAUSE I AM JUST SO BUGGED THAT PEOPLE CONTINUE TO GO ON AND ON ABOUT LAURA'S PAGE STAY OFF IT IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT IT SAYS ....WE ARE IN AMERICA LAND OF THE FREE WHICH ALSO INCLUDES FREEDOM OF SPEECH

“Yahweh!”

Since: Apr 07

New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 9, 2007
 
CAROL wrote:
OOPS I HAD SOME TYPOS BECAUSE I AM JUST SO BUGGED THAT PEOPLE CONTINUE TO GO ON AND ON ABOUT LAURA'S PAGE STAY OFF IT IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT IT SAYS ....WE ARE IN AMERICA LAND OF THE FREE WHICH ALSO INCLUDES FREEDOM OF SPEECH


You also have problems with your CAP LOCK key.
CAROL

Middlefield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 11, 2007
 
THE BULL , THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POINTING THAT OUT TO ME.....I WOULD HAVE NEVER NOTICE IF IT WASNT FOR YOU
We The People reno nv

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 12, 2007
 
CAROL wrote:
OOPS I HAD SOME TYPOS BECAUSE I AM JUST SO BUGGED THAT PEOPLE CONTINUE TO GO ON AND ON ABOUT LAURA'S PAGE STAY OFF IT IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT IT SAYS ....WE ARE IN AMERICA LAND OF THE FREE WHICH ALSO INCLUDES FREEDOM OF SPEECH
Was she drunk? Unable to pull up the story @ the San Jose Mercury. I am from that area, Tracy to be exact. I am so sick of the maggots and cockroaches infesting that area when it used to be small and quiet when I was growing up. If she was drunk and got nailed, and killed someone, she deserves everything coming to her. I noticed more mexicans in California and Nevada getting nailed for drunk driving. I am sick of them, as well as drug addicts and child abusers and child killers, and people killing each other over petty things.

And who cares if she is sorry. Who cares if she has a site on my space. She deserves to suffer every bit for killing someone. If you don't agree, then I believe you are weak.
CAROL

Middlefield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 12, 2007
 
We The People reno nv wrote:
<quoted text>
Was she drunk? Unable to pull up the story @ the San Jose Mercury. I am from that area, Tracy to be exact. I am so sick of the maggots and cockroaches infesting that area when it used to be small and quiet when I was growing up. If she was drunk and got nailed, and killed someone, she deserves everything coming to her. I noticed more mexicans in California and Nevada getting nailed for drunk driving. I am sick of them, as well as drug addicts and child abusers and child killers, and people killing each other over petty things.
And who cares if she is sorry. Who cares if she has a site on my space. She deserves to suffer every bit for killing someone. If you don't agree, then I believe you are weak.
WHAT DOES BEING MEXICAN HAVE TO DO WITH ANY OF THIS ....DUMB DUMB DUMB

YOU MAKE NO SENSE MAYBE YOU MEANT TO REPLY TO ANOTHER STORY
We The People reno nv

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 12, 2007
 
CAROL wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT DOES BEING MEXICAN HAVE TO DO WITH ANY OF THIS ....DUMB DUMB DUMB
YOU MAKE NO SENSE MAYBE YOU MEANT TO REPLY TO ANOTHER STORY
You have no idea how many mxicans I read about getting DUI's here in Nevada. If they posted 100 people in the crime report/court actions, at least 75 of them would be mexican. The others are either just morons or trash, mostly trash. I read about people dying due to DUI's all the time, and guess who's behind the wheel. I am not saying I hate them, just stating a fact from Nevada. The only ones I hate are the criminals, and believe me, there are a massive amount of them here, not including other races.

And besides, you're the one who started talking trash about the lady who killed someone, I just added on.
We The People reno nv

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 12, 2007
 
Carol.......

Also, I am from that area. I know what has gone on there to be able to say what I want about the people in that area. A lot of scum. Here in Nevada too.

Now you may not have a problem where you're at in Windsor, CT, but here in Nevada, it's all crime. Mostly Mexicans it seems. I'll read about them being caught with 1000's of pirated CD's, or molesting kids, hell, one since she was 10, 14 now....and with herpes, spell check), that he gave her. And besides crimes they commit, they are so damn rude people, not all, but when I go into Winco, they're always in the way, won't move. In the Theaters, always noisey, even when people scream to shut up, kicking the back of people's seat. not mine.....I'd get them kicked out for noise and kicking seats. And then we have gangs, they have to spray paint everything, break into cars, steal cars.

And then Immigration laws being broken. Wake up and get a cup of coffee. I recommend Community Coffee from New Orleans, strong stuff.

I can go on about trailer trash as well, but not to much to go on there.

Try going to the RENO GAZETTE,(RGJ), newspaper......AND...the STOCKTON, California newspaper,(the Record I think), perhaps the TRACY PRESS paper as well. Never much in the Tracy paper though. And tri the TRI VALLEY HERALDas well, covering TRACY, LIVERMORE area in California.

I mean it, read these papers, especially the Reno Gazette. You will see !!!!!!

Jewel

San Leandro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 12, 2007
 
None of you know what you are talking about and none of you know the law. Everybody is so qick to judge none of you know the facts your all ignorant. Yes what happen is unspeakable and horible And I would die if that happened to my child but she is not a criminal and for all the dumb peopl saying oh shes acting like a criminal and deserves to be in jail your all stupid. You dont know this girl we all do dumb stuff, true the stuff that we do probably dosen't get any body killed but this was not done Maliciously no matter what anybody says she did not perposly ram her car into the other one and say i'm going to kill that girl that was never ever in her head. Its not about her being narcissistic person her mother loves her that is her child and she is being unfairly charged. What if laur was your child you can not tell me you would be like "yes my child deserves to be in jail the rest of her life and miss out on her childs life." If you think you would you are a very ignorant person. Like I said it is horable what happen to the girl I can't even fatham how her mother feels but for a crime that had no intent no Conspiracy it's just not right, it makes me angry when people who dont know what they are talking about open there mouthes, there are rappist and child molesters that dont get the sentenc the way she did. I'm not saying that she should not pay for her crime yes she should every bit but not like this. so for all you people who say dumb stuff like you weak if you don't belive she should spend the rest of her life in jail, you are very ignorant and should learn some things befor you open your mouth!
We The People reno nv

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 12, 2007
 
Also Carol, I'm sure you live in a tiny town with all or mostly white people, everyone know each other. Hardly any crime at all, if at all.

Well try living in it. If all you see and read and watch on the news on KRNV in Reno is all crime, you would be saying the same thing.

Like a few months ago by my wife's work, some mexican dude was shot in the head by other Mexicans, killed him of course, and then dumped him in the Kmart parking lot. Someone saw his plate and got caught luckily. This is just one of a thousand daily things going on. Sometimes I wonder if I am next, or my kids, or my wife. Killed by a gun, a speeding car, drunk driver.

Spend the next month reading the Reno Gazette and you will see.

Of course not ALL is published on the web. I think they leave out more stuff. Hard to say.

I know KRNV does on tv. Usually the 5 o'clock news is a joke. 2 or 3 stories and the weather. Sometimes 6 stories. The tv news sucks here.
CAROL

Middlefield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 12, 2007
 
Jewel wrote:
None of you know what you are talking about and none of you know the law. Everybody is so qick to judge none of you know the facts your all ignorant. Yes what happen is unspeakable and horible And I would die if that happened to my child but she is not a criminal and for all the dumb peopl saying oh shes acting like a criminal and deserves to be in jail your all stupid. You dont know this girl we all do dumb stuff, true the stuff that we do probably dosen't get any body killed but this was not done Maliciously no matter what anybody says she did not perposly ram her car into the other one and say i'm going to kill that girl that was never ever in her head. Its not about her being narcissistic person her mother loves her that is her child and she is being unfairly charged. What if laur was your child you can not tell me you would be like "yes my child deserves to be in jail the rest of her life and miss out on her childs life." If you think you would you are a very ignorant person. Like I said it is horable what happen to the girl I can't even fatham how her mother feels but for a crime that had no intent no Conspiracy it's just not right, it makes me angry when people who dont know what they are talking about open there mouthes, there are rappist and child molesters that dont get the sentenc the way she did. I'm not saying that she should not pay for her crime yes she should every bit but not like this. so for all you people who say dumb stuff like you weak if you don't belive she should spend the rest of her life in jail, you are very ignorant and should learn some things befor you open your mouth!
you did a great a job setting the facts straights....
CAROL

Middlefield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 12, 2007
 
We The People reno nv wrote:
Also Carol, I'm sure you live in a tiny town with all or mostly white people, everyone know each other. Hardly any crime at all, if at all.
Well try living in it. If all you see and read and watch on the news on KRNV in Reno is all crime, you would be saying the same thing.
Like a few months ago by my wife's work, some mexican dude was shot in the head by other Mexicans, killed him of course, and then dumped him in the Kmart parking lot. Someone saw his plate and got caught luckily. This is just one of a thousand daily things going on. Sometimes I wonder if I am next, or my kids, or my wife. Killed by a gun, a speeding car, drunk driver.
Spend the next month reading the Reno Gazette and you will see.
Of course not ALL is published on the web. I think they leave out more stuff. Hard to say.
I know KRNV does on tv. Usually the 5 o'clock news is a joke. 2 or 3 stories and the weather. Sometimes 6 stories. The tv news sucks here.
I completely understand what you are saying, I happen to be Mexican myself but I too have a problem with the way the rude and selffish ones come into our country and try and act like they own it or we own theym something....We the people really need to do something about all the illegals crossing the border....But I still don't understand what this has to do with Laura
Marshall

Berkeley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 12, 2007
 
Oshow in west oakland is corny and gay.
We The People reno nv

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 19, 2007
 
CAROL wrote:
<quoted text>
I completely understand what you are saying, I happen to be Mexican myself but I too have a problem with the way the rude and selffish ones come into our country and try and act like they own it or we own theym something....We the people really need to do something about all the illegals crossing the border....But I still don't understand what this has to do with Laura
Al. I am saying is that this chick adds to the ones committing crimes in this country. Dui, robberies, ect. Does not help with what's going on with illegals, giving the good ones a bad name too. Kind of what happened with 9-11 and muslims. The good ones were being targeted for hate crimes after that, maybe the case still.

I hope I made my point. Nothing against Mexicans in general, but America is really starting to hate Mexicans like the KKK hate black Americans, but worse. I see it going on everywhere, the news, papers, internet. It maybe a good idea for the good ones to stand against the bad ones so violence don't start up. Whose knows what may happens in time.

The people of New orleans are standing up against the crime there, the good African Americans against the bad. Just a thought.
Raider Ray

Alameda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 25, 2007
 
Race does not matter people. There are losers in every race.

She killed somebody while drunk and behind the wheel, so she is deservingly in jail. So should anyone else who does the same...period!

Also, stay on THIS SUBJECT in this forum people!
CAROL

Hayward, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 26, 2007
 
Raider Ray wrote:
Race does not matter people. There are losers in every race.
She killed somebody while drunk and behind the wheel, so she is deservingly in jail. So should anyone else who does the same...period!
Also, stay on THIS SUBJECT in this forum people!
I DONT RECALL ANYTHING EVERY BEING SAID ABOUT LAURA BEING DRUNK SO CAN YOUTELL ME WHERE YOU MAY HAVE REC'D THAT INFO??????
teri

New Castle, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 27, 2007
 
I laugh at people who call others ignorant but have the grammar and spelling skills of a 7-year old. It's clear that you neither know the law nor have a grasp of the English language. She is a criminal and hence plead guilty and is in prison. She killed a young woman. It's clear she wasn't raised right from the start. For those of you who know math (I'm sure that discounts "jewel," you'll notice she had her child at 13, clearly not a class act. Then again, either is the commenter I've replied to.
Jewel go back to 1st grade and learn how to spell before reading the news less commenting on it. Perhaps if you knew how to read, you would have understood the story. Try learning how to read before you learn about our laws - clearly you're trying to get way ahead of yourself.

Here are somethings to get you started, taken from your comments:
Horrable is really spelt Horrible
Horible is really spelt Horrible
perposly is really spelt Purposely
dosen't is really spelt DOESN'T
fatham is really spelt Fathom
rappist is really spelt Rapist
Jewel wrote:
None of you know what you are talking about and none of you know the law. Everybody is so qick to judge none of you know the facts your all ignorant. Yes what happen is unspeakable and horible And I would die if that happened to my child but she is not a criminal and for all the dumb peopl saying oh shes acting like a criminal and deserves to be in jail your all stupid. You dont know this girl we all do dumb stuff, true the stuff that we do probably dosen't get any body killed but this was not done Maliciously no matter what anybody says she did not perposly ram her car into the other one and say i'm going to kill that girl that was never ever in her head. Its not about her being narcissistic person her mother loves her that is her child and she is being unfairly charged. What if laur was your child you can not tell me you would be like "yes my child deserves to be in jail the rest of her life and miss out on her childs life." If you think you would you are a very ignorant person. Like I said it is horable what happen to the girl I can't even fatham how her mother feels but for a crime that had no intent no Conspiracy it's just not right, it makes me angry when people who dont know what they are talking about open there mouthes, there are rappist and child molesters that dont get the sentenc the way she did. I'm not saying that she should not pay for her crime yes she should every bit but not like this. so for all you people who say dumb stuff like you weak if you don't belive she should spend the rest of her life in jail, you are very ignorant and should learn some things befor you open your mouth!
Renee

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Apr 28, 2007
 
This is a FORM of EXPRESSION NOT an ENGLISH class WHO CARES if the spelling is off YOU OBVIOUSLY got the point..... Ms Medina killed someone out of rage NO SHE WAS NOT DRUNK as Mr Raider Ray thinks she was. It was wrong SHE KNOWS it was wrong. She's paying for what she did. UNLESS you are living her life BACK OFF. NOBODY knows how she feels inside. She has to deal with this for the REST of her life NONE of you people do! My question to you ENGLISH PROFESSOR is; So EVERYONE who has killed is due to lack of proper up bringing???WOW what world do you live in?!
teri wrote:
I laugh at people who call others ignorant but have the grammar and spelling skills of a 7-year old. It's clear that you neither know the law nor have a grasp of the English language. She is a criminal and hence plead guilty and is in prison. She killed a young woman. It's clear she wasn't raised right from the start. For those of you who know math (I'm sure that discounts "jewel," you'll notice she had her child at 13, clearly not a class act. Then again, either is the commenter I've replied to.
Jewel go back to 1st grade and learn how to spell before reading the news less commenting on it. Perhaps if you knew how to read, you would have understood the story. Try learning how to read before you learn about our laws - clearly you're trying to get way ahead of yourself.
Here are somethings to get you started, taken from your comments:
Horrable is really spelt Horrible
Horible is really spelt Horrible
perposly is really spelt Purposely
dosen't is really spelt DOESN'T
fatham is really spelt Fathom
rappist is really spelt Rapist
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of92
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent South San Francisco Discussions

Search the South San Francisco Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 7 min Reverend Alan 50,432
California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 54 min Helpful Hank 4,838
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Irving 200,200
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr Bruno24 15,910
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr toomanymistakes 18,494
'Scholarships for life' 19 hr Sterkfontein Swartkrans 1
EEOC lawsuit on behalf of diabetic Walgreen emp... 19 hr exASM-CARLO 39
•••
•••

South San Francisco News Video

•••
South San Francisco Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

South San Francisco Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

South San Francisco People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

South San Francisco News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in South San Francisco
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••