Review: Advantage Auto Sales Utah

Posted in the South Salt Lake Forum

Angie

Ottawa, Canada

#1 Sep 11, 2013
This is not a legitimate company! This "company" runs an Internet fraud ring. DO NOT send these people any money!!
William

Ottawa, Canada

#2 Sep 16, 2013
Angie wrote:
This is not a legitimate company! This "company" runs an Internet fraud ring. DO NOT send these people any money!!
You are 100% correct. They are Crooks! Stole my money!!'
Michael

Concord, Canada

#3 Sep 30, 2013
RE : Advantage Auto Sales Utah
Angie and William are 100% Correct
Canada Border Services is warning about a growing scam involving purchasing cars and bringing them into Canada from the United States.

Spokeswoman Lisa White says the scam involves a person who claims to be a salesperson for a luxury car dealership based in Utah.

That person tries to convince Canadian shoppers to pay for a vehicle online or over the phone.

They then send them phoney emails on CBSA letterhead that say the border agency needs to see an advance bill of sale or receipt before the vehicle can be brought into Canada.

White says at least two people in Saskatchewan were fooled by the crooks in cases that came to light in Calgary.

She says CBSA would never ask for advance documentation.

"We're being erroneously represented," she says.

Both cases involve "what we all believe to be the same individuals, the same scammers, using the same letters, the same tactics, the same border crossing."

She says CBSA doesn't get involved in the process until the vehicle physically crosses the border.

CBSA says there is no reason to believe the individual in question is a legitimate car salesperson and will deliver on the purchase.
Michael

Concord, Canada

#4 Sep 30, 2013
William wrote:
<quoted text>
You are 100% correct. They are Crooks! Stole my money!!'
Canada Border Services is warning about a growing scam involving purchasing cars and bringing them into Canada from the United States.

Spokeswoman Lisa White says the scam involves a person who claims to be a salesperson for a luxury car dealership based in Utah.

That person tries to convince Canadian shoppers to pay for a vehicle online or over the phone.

They then send them phoney emails on CBSA letterhead that say the border agency needs to see an advance bill of sale or receipt before the vehicle can be brought into Canada.

White says at least two people in Saskatchewan were fooled by the crooks in cases that came to light in Calgary.

Both cases involve "what we all believe to be the same individuals, the same scammers, using the same letters, the same tactics, the same border crossing."

She says CBSA doesn't get involved in the process until the vehicle physically crosses the border.

CBSA says there is no reason to believe the individual in question is a legitimate car salesperson and will deliver on the purchase.
Michael

Concord, Canada

#5 Sep 30, 2013
Angie wrote:

Ryan

Edmonton, Canada

#6 Oct 11, 2013
They stole $33000 from me
Allawy

Calgary, Canada

#9 Nov 19, 2013
Ryan, please contact me at 4 0 3-9 2 2-1 4 1 3
Ryan wrote:
They stole $33000 from me
Allawy

Calgary, Canada

#10 Nov 19, 2013
If you have been defrauded by Advantage Auto Sales Utah and you live in Calgary, please contact me at 4 0 3-9 2 2-1 4 1 3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 1 hr uiha 27,107
Utah man, 77, charged for sunbathing nude 10 hr -Lea- 11
(Mrs.) Marie Osmond Dec 20 Call me JC - really 2
female snapchst users. Dec 20 xragnerosx 1
last post wins! (Jul '11) Dec 18 Concerned_American 351
Utah Ophthalmologists Improve Vision During Cat... (Nov '13) Dec 16 Pavlos Lombardi 3
Are vitamins from USANA worth price? (Mar '08) Dec 12 Tagumpay 217

Avalanche Warning for Salt Lake County was issued at December 22 at 5:38AM MST

South Salt Lake Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

South Salt Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

South Salt Lake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in South Salt Lake

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:34 pm PST

NFL 1:34PM
What to watch for in Broncos-Bengals 'MNF' tilt
NBC Sports 2:15 PM
Arians says he's leaning to starting QB Thomas against 49ers - NBC Sports
Yahoo! Sports 2:47 PM
Orlando Franklin: It's Super Bowl or bust for the Broncos -- and every other team in the NFL
Bleacher Report 3:26 PM
Denver Broncos vs. Cincinnati Bengals: Live Score and Analysis for Denver
Bleacher Report 3:56 PM
Denver Broncos vs. Cincinnati Bengals: Live Score, Highlights and Analysis