Officer cleared in Sugar House dog sh...

Officer cleared in Sugar House dog shooting

There are 4 comments on the KSL-TV story from Aug 1, 2014, titled Officer cleared in Sugar House dog shooting. In it, KSL-TV reports that:

SALT LAKE CITY &#8212 The officer who shot a dog while searching for a missing child acted within department policy, according to an internal affairs investigation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSL-TV.

Judy

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 Aug 1, 2014
WOW.... I believe this officer could of used a stun gun. This persons dog died as the result of gross neglect by over reacting. WOW for the second time.
Rtyj

Salt Lake City, UT

#2 Aug 12, 2014
So, police department policy is kill any dog that attacks you when you enter private property. Don't stun it, don't shoot to wound, kill it and that is policy. That is ridiculous policy. Who made this policy? I want that name!
Rtyj

Salt Lake City, UT

#3 Aug 12, 2014
So police department policy is shoot to kill a dog attacking you when you enter private property; not stun, not shoot to wound, just kill it. Ridiculous! Who made this policy? I want that name!
aggravated

Ogden, UT

#4 Aug 22, 2014
From what has been in the news lately, it isn't just dogs that police feel justified in shooting!

Most of us consider our pets as living, feeling, well loved, members of our family. The police feel this way about police dogs. Look at how they react when someone shoots a police dog. They should not be surprised then, that people are outraged at the callous disregard this policeman had for the life of this dog.

We seem to be turning into a "shoot first, think about it later" kind of country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Episcopalian bishops seek end to 'unholy trinit... 7 hr JR Bailey 1
Mad Max: Fury Road is an Insanely Intense Movie... Sun Culture Auditor 1
June twisted-sex, 2015- It was NEVER about "Love" Sat Far seeing man 1
News Big tractor stolen from Utah construction site Jun 25 Emerald 4
News Salt Lake City Mayor Ralph Becker to oversee na... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Ace McMillan 2
News Fake Cops Execute a Very Illegal Search and Sei... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Judy 1
News Police Arrest Prime Suspect in 3 Armed West Jor... (Sep '09) Jan '14 terrill 11
More from around the web

South Salt Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

South Salt Lake Mortgages