I don't see anyone trying to solve any of those problems, do you?? They're all too busy claiming that keeping the gays from legally marrying will somehow solve all these problems that are the exclusive domain of straight couples.<quoted text>
1. It's important to me. All other things being equal, a mother and father provide the optimal family.
2. I think they care very much. Why do you think they don't? Do you think two people that have grown apart should stay together?
3. Yes, that's very sad. A product of our educational system. The good news is it's not representative of typical family life.
4. Maybe in your biased mind. In reality, society is very concerned with those issues. Reality is something that escapes many homosexuals.
5. Why don't you and your partner create your own? If I were a child the last thing I'd want my elementary school classmates to know is I have two dads and no mom. "THE HORROR" could be very real for that child.
When was the last time a gay couple "accidentally" had a child they didn't want? When was the last time a gay person married four different spouses, had children with all of them, and then kept right on dumping them and starting again with another spouse?? When was the last time a gay person went on The Maury Povich Show to see if they could find out which one of the three dozen people they'd been having regular unprotected sex with is their baby-daddy?? When was the last time a gay couple had a kid that they didn't want and dumped it on the foster care system to raise?? When was the last time a straight couple had their children taken away from them because someone else's religion doesn't approve of straight parents??
When you can demonstrate to me how keeping gay couples from legally marrying will resolve any of those heterosexual problems, let me know, okay?