Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31997 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#20937 Mar 3, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
Dana,
I've never seen your penis because you don't have one... stupid!
LOL is that the ONLY reason why??
I'm fairly certain Dana does in fact have a Penis. However your statement speaks volumes about you. Seriously, your body is nothing to be ashamed of. Have a little fun. It would make you much less anal.

“I will not keep calm”

#20938 Mar 3, 2013
Snerdly Whiplash wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like a mormon, falsely putting words into a person's mouth in a dishonest attempt to discredit anything they might post that threatens the church. I have never said it is ok for anyone to lie!
And I don't believe it is right for anyone to lie. I don't know Dana, but I do know that if he is actually lying, which I doubt very much, he learned it here:
http://www.exmormon.org/lying.htm
Please don't assume sport is the poster child for Mormonism. Most of us Mormons are actually normal.

“I will not keep calm”

#20939 Mar 3, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
HER father is a BISHOP...
No, his father was a bishop.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#20940 Mar 3, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I have no questions for you and I respectfully disagree with your statement that your church teaches of an OMNIPRESENT GOD.
Here is what your church actually teaches:

The historical Jesus taught of the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel as the ONLY GOD according to the Judaism that he was raised in:
Deuteronomy 6:4 (New International Version,©2010)
"4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one."
GOD is ONE and GOD is all that is real. We are either one with GOD as Jesus taught or we are simply dust in the wind whirling around in this universe which is an illusion of projection of a greater reality.
The key to who we are is stated in Genesis 1:27 (New International Version,©2010)
"27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them. "
Since GOD is all that exists, logically we are a part of GOD since there is nothing else. And when we understand the holographic nature of this projection that most of humanity calls reality it all makes perfect sense and is a real mind blower!
What the historical Jesus did was to teach an enlightened form of Judaism based on the OMNIPRESENT GOD and our place in GOD. It is only in the understanding that GOD is all that exists that these two statements found in the Greek Scriptures make any sense:
Acts 17:28 (New International Version,©2010)
"28 For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, "We are his offspring"
and:
Ephesians 4:6
New International Version (NIV)
"6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all."
What is amazing is that we are beginning to confirm this to be so scientifically.
We have been able to confirm that this universe is a projection of a greater reality. In itself it has no substance.
You can easily prove this to yourself by becoming familiar with the nature of matter and how it is manifested:
http://www.spaceandmotion.com/Physics-David-B...
The only reality is GOD. Science has proven GOD exists. Scientists don't call the field of consciousness that projects this and other universes GOD, but most of humanity would use the word "GOD" to describe this one field of consciousness that manifests all things once they have experienced GOD'S reality and their relationship to GOD for themselves.
I agree with all of the scriptures you posted. They make sense to me within the way I see the Godhead. However, I think we could benefit from taking a closer look.

Yes, we do believe in a separate Father, Son, and holy Ghost. Why would they be listed as such in scripture if they were a single entity? They are one in every way imaginable except physically joined.

This is why in Genesis chapter 1 we see God saying "26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

God didn't say "let me make man in my image." He said let "us" make man in "our" image.

Absolutely, the Lord is one like you posted, just as the Holy Ghost is one, and God the Father is one.

Location hidden

#20941 Mar 3, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>

The key to who we are is stated in Genesis 1:27 (New International Version,©2010)
"27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them. "
Since GOD is all that exists, logically we are a part of GOD since there is nothing else.
Summing up the previous post for you:
Just re-read Genesis 1:26 and it becomes apparent that there is more than just God involved. There is an "us" and an "our", meaning that there was more than just God as a single entity involved.

Location hidden

#20942 Mar 3, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Mormon hypocrisy at it's finest. If making money off the history of Mormonism is a sin or just wrong, here is a whole web site dedicated to doing wrong: http://deseretbook.com/
Let's not forget FARMS: http://www.byubookstore.com/ePOS/form=robots/...
DARE DAY IS PEDDLIN' LIES FOR DA MORON CHURCH!
I don't see any thing for free there!
Mormonism, just in it for the money.
You can find most of FARMS' material online for free at their website:
http://www.fairlds.org/

Also church distribution for basic church materials is much cheaper. For example, a basic bible is $2. Some literature and pamphlets are even free. If you just look at the prices, you can see they are not in it for the money.

http://store.lds.org/webapp/wcs/stores/servle...

Since: Aug 10

Hollis Center, ME

#20943 Mar 3, 2013
Most mormons are conservative anyhow. Its not possible to be Christian and conservative, so the answer is no!

Location hidden

#20944 Mar 3, 2013
FFS- wrote:
Most mormons are conservative anyhow. Its not possible to be Christian and conservative, so the answer is no!
Why is it not possible to be Christian and conservative?

“I will not keep calm”

#20945 Mar 3, 2013
FFS- wrote:
Huh ?

Since: Aug 10

Hollis Center, ME

#20946 Mar 3, 2013
It is not possible to truly be Christian and be a conservative. The two religions contradict one another in their core beliefs and core values!

More than any other topic, Jesus preached LOVE....Conservatism's very basis is founded in hatred. Just look at the things the conservatives on Topix say...they hate everyone!

Christ preached forgiveness, conservatives are incapable. How many times have you heard a conservative say something like "hang em all", "round em up", or "we should just nuke em"?

Christ told us that we should give to the poor....shirt off your back...etc, Conservaives HATE the poor and DESPISE giving them anything

It is impossible to be both Christian and conservative. I suggest you choose one or the other and stick with it!

“I will not keep calm”

#20947 Mar 3, 2013
FFS- wrote:
It is not possible to truly be Christian and be a conservative. The two religions contradict one another in their core beliefs and core values!
More than any other topic, Jesus preached LOVE....Conservatism's very basis is founded in hatred. Just look at the things the conservatives on Topix say...they hate everyone!
Christ preached forgiveness, conservatives are incapable. How many times have you heard a conservative say something like "hang em all", "round em up", or "we should just nuke em"?
Christ told us that we should give to the poor....shirt off your back...etc, Conservaives HATE the poor and DESPISE giving them anything
It is impossible to be both Christian and conservative. I suggest you choose one or the other and stick with it!
Why must you treat people as groups and not individuals. Many people lean more toward conservative or liberal views with some gray area in between. That has nothing to do with their belief as to if Christ did or did not die for them.
CareEnougToGoogl e it

Live Oak, CA

#20948 Mar 3, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol, please show us one place in the Old Testament God commands the Israelite nation to practice polygamy. I'll wait.
I TOLD the world you're a Satanic, lying sociopath,
LYING: because you CAN.
You: LIE: and say: "The Lord never commanded polygamy."
Denying nearly FOUR THOUSAND YEARS' LEVIRATE MARRIAGE commanded by GOD unto the ENTIRE NATION Israel.
----------
Adult men in Israel, under the law of Moses, were commanded to marry, with some exceptions: civic/military/religious duty, etc.
Therefore the law commanding marriage to wife of a dead brother, meant polygamy MUST occur:
as it did on a REGULAR basis, being a COMMANDMENT.
Elders were commanded: by GOD: to try to talk men into it: and punish a man who won't.
Deuteronomy 25:
"25:5 If brethren dwell together, and one of them die, and have no child, the wife of the dead shall not marry without unto a stranger:
her husband's brother shall go in unto her, and take her to him to wife, and perform the duty of an husband's brother unto her.
25:6 And it shall be, that the firstborn which she beareth shall succeed in the name of his brother which is dead, that his name be not put out of Israel.
25:7 And if the man like not to take his brother's wife,
then let his brother's wife go up to the gate unto the elders, and say,
"My husband's brother refuseth to raise up unto his brother a name in Israel, he will not perform the duty of my husband's brother."
25:8 Then the elders of his city shall call him, and speak unto him: and if he stand to it, and say, I like not to take her;
25:9 Then shall his brother's wife come unto him in the presence of the elders, and loose his shoe from off his foot,
***and spit in his face***,
and shall answer and say,
"So shall it be done unto that man that will not build up his brother's house."
25:10 And his name shall be called in Israel, The house of him that hath his shoe loosed.
==========
The LAW COMMANDS.
The law commands the Elders to TALK to MEN about why they won't obey
The law commands the punishment be ***THE WOMAN SPIT in HIS FACE***
***The law commands from THEN ON he be known as one who WOULDN'T OBEY the COMMANDMENT***
Satanically possessed,
heterosexuality hating,
pathological liars,
will of course try yet to claim it isn't in their Bible.
As we see it is.
CareEnoughToGoog leIt

Live Oak, CA

#20949 Mar 3, 2013
If you wonder why Satan goes to the trouble of darkening human souls, possessing men until they
completely lose their minds: to just LIE; be caught

and LIE AGAIN: be CAUGHT: and LIE some MORE,

learn what it is, Satan despises so.

Mormon.org

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#20950 Mar 3, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet even then Jesus did help anyone who asked for it, Jew or Gentile. And even if you are 100% correct, there is a huge difference between 3 yrs and 150 years. But Smith had no excuse, the Bible was clear on the subject. That isn't restoring anything, that is making it up as you go along.
Consider this tid-bit of information: The RCC that was the one and only Christian church for a good 1500 plus years, to this date they have never had a single black pope.
Consider this tid-bit of information: not a single apostle was a black African, they were all Jews and probably varying shades of brown. So not only was Jesus discriminating in colour for his first 12 apostles, he was also racially and ethnically discriminating in who he chose for his initial 12 apostles.
Discrimination is a tough thing to define as good or bad at times, know what I mean?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20951 Mar 3, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>
... blah, blah, blah...
How does anything you say have to do with Mormonism?

I will practice the Church Standards the way the Church tells me to, the way the Lord Jesus Christ wants me to... not like you, the way you pick and choose to.

There is nothing wrong with exposing true agendas.

If Dana chooses to be here saying these horrendous things about the Church then her agenda needs to be exposed.

If you are here saying you will not obey Church standards the way you have done in the past and then claiming that YOU ARE MORMONISM... then you need to be addressed to.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20952 Mar 3, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Mormon hypocrisy at it's finest. If making money off the history of Mormonism is a sin or just wrong, here is a whole web site dedicated to doing wrong: http://deseretbook.com/
Yet you condemned a guest for making money by recycling aluminum, plastic, and bottles (which included soda and beer bottles).

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20953 Mar 3, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter clearly changed the rules from the time of Acts 10 onward. Jesus helped everyone that ask for it. You failed. The early prophets also practiced polygamy, and that was forbidden in the NT church, and whether it was Old or New Testament, it was never a condition for ones salvation like Smith claimed. You only demonstrate how much Smith wasn't a prophet.
My original response was from this statement of your's: "Yet they were discriminated against for 150 yrs. How could this have happened with prophets and apostles who were suppose to be receiving direct revelation from God? That is a whole lot of "limited light".
My answer was that to be critical of LDS leaders was to critical in the same exact manner against men in the Bible that ARE called prophets and leaders of God himself. There is no room for such a critical out look against LDS leaders when the same critical out look can be found for many Bible prophets and leaders. Understand? From the opposition point of view, you have only proved/demonstrated prophets/leaders in the Bible actually weren't prophets/leaders.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20954 Mar 3, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way... you are selling Anti-Mormon garbage (which is not Church authorized) then you are coming here making your points that Mormonism is "bad".

You have misrepresented yourself the entire time I have been in this forum. That is the same as a lie. Saying look at your words but speaking them out your bum!

//

You are two faced.
You are a liar.
You misrepresent facts about your hidden agenda.
You have no credibility.

At no time on this forum have I seen you say My Mormon Father the Bishop is dead... no instead you said My father is a Mormon Bishop.

See... give the whole story, the whole truth... if you want credibility.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20955 Mar 3, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion of my standing as a Christian is of no concern of mine, as you your views of what is and is not Christian usually comes from the intellect of a crack smoker. Smith screwed his wives. He was a pig, and a pervert.
If you were an actual Christian, honest comments from others watching your behavior and or listening to your speech that reflect your claim as being a Christian, those comments would be important for self improvement. That is if you were interested in self improvement as a Christian.
And continued childish immature, idiotic and plain simple stupid comments like this prove my point of you and your position as what you're not concerning being a Christian by it's common definition.
"..usually comes from the intellect of a crack smoker. Smith screwed his wives. He was a pig, and a pervert."
Arnie

Las Vegas, NV

#20956 Mar 3, 2013
Mommy2Bof3 wrote:
We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
We believe that man will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam's transgression.
We believe that through the Atonement of Christ all mankind may be saved by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel.
We believe that the first principals and ordinances of the gospel are first, faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, second, repentence; third, baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, laying.on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the gospel and administer the ordinances thereof.
We believe in the same organization that existed in the primitive church, namely apostles, prophets pastures, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.
We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.
Yes Mormons do believe in Jesus Christ, but not the Jesus Christ the bible teaches about. Their Jesus obtained Godhood, the Jesus the rest of us believe was God from the beginning. John 1:1 states In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. To my Mormon friends The word Word is one of the many names that Jesus Christ was referred to. God Bless you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm getting over you! 21 hr Noah 2
Review: Haaga Mattress (Nov '15) Wed cool dealzz 3
voting for trump 2016 thread Wed anonymous 1
Trump Wed Paris 20
ancestry findagrave MICHELLE 46983123 Aug 19 KATRINA SMITH 3
Review: Pinky's (Apr '13) Aug 18 Greg 7
Are Aliens Real, if so are they nice or mean? (Oct '12) Aug 16 chance lo co 18

South Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance