Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32003 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Care Enough To Google It

Yuba City, CA

#20202 Feb 15, 2013
All it takes is a quick Google of "Jewish Polygamy" to see why these pro-Sodomites are so upset they could choke on their vibrators.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#20203 Feb 15, 2013
Care Enough To Google It wrote:
From Scoffing Mocker University, Wikipedia:
"Natural cycle In-Vitro-Fertilization"
"IVF can be performed by collecting a naturally selected egg from woman’s natural menstrual cycle without the use of any drugs.
IT IS KNOWN as NATURAL cycle IVF.
The first test tube baby Louise Brown was born following NATURAL cycle IVF. "
==========
the NAME of the IN VITRO PROCESS most like that described in the Bible is *NATURAL IN VITRO*
==========
In Vitro Fertilization: The NATURAL Way
By Jacques Kadoch, MD
Fall 2005
There has long been a demand for an IVF technique that works on a woman’s natural cycle,
***without ovarian stimulation***.
----------
The answer is NATURAL cycle IVF.
----------
Increasing numbers of infertile couples are attracted to this alternative protocol, which seems to come closer to
the ideal IVF scenario:
to conceive an embryo with high implantation potential at the start of a single pregnancy – but with minimal medical intervention.
----------
History
Twenty-five years ago, Edwards and Steptoe achieved the first human pregnancy through IVF
*after transferring an embryo from a NATURAL cycle.*
*** In these early years, doctors had to depend entirely on the cycle’s NATURAL timing.
This meant that oocyte retrieval
***often took place in the middle of the night***
***under general anesthetic***
and required a laparoscopy.
----------
Note two of the above are mentioned SPECIFICALLY in the BIBLE DESCRIPTION of the CONCEPTION
of Jesus Christ
by his MOTHER
& FATHER.
----------
More ON WHY THIS IN VITRO is REFERRED TO as
"THE NATURAL WAY"
" With natural cycle IVF the treatment cycle relies on the spontaneous development of one follicle only and therefore the aspiration of only one egg from the follicle
(it is possible however that the cycle can have more than one egg or no eggs).
There is nothing new about natural cycle IVF, in fact Louise Brown, the world’s first ‘test-tube baby' was conceived using this method in 1978."
----------
So
of ALL the METHODS
of IN VITRO there is ONE type called
"THE NATURAL WAY"
That's often used for older fathers who have wives who are young, when the father already has children but wants one with the mother,
that involves the woman being in a deep sleep,
that involves doing the procedure late at night,
and involves fertilization of ONE egg produced.
Yeah words mean something.
The very method MOST LIKE that
described IN the BIBLE has a SPECIFIC
MEDICAL
NAME:
"NATURAL"
in vitro fertilization.
We told you it would be natural and it would be virgin.
You told us that's impossible.
Then again you also told us the Jews weren't polygamous for 4,000 years.
So yeah words mean something and it turns out the METHOD NAMED by MEDICAL SCIENCE as "THE NATURAL method"
is the one described near IDENTICALLY in the Bible.
But you insist that
God the FATHER
isn't the FATHER.
That Mary the MOTHER
didn't get IMPREGNATED
by the FATHER
of her SON
Jesus Christ.
By the NATURAL in vitro method.
"The natural Way" is not referring to an action. Brigham Young was not talking anything but a "natural action". You can play silly word games, but there is only one natural way to create a child. Any other argument is just ignorance on the part of a person trying to defend their cult. You and No Surprise should get together, he doesn't think married people have sex. He also thinks Adultery is OK if you claim to be a prophet of God.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#20204 Feb 15, 2013
“These name-titles all signify that our Lord in the only Son of the Father in the flesh. Each of the words is to be understood literally. Only means only; Begotten means begotten; and Son means son. Christ was begotten by an Immortal Father in the same way that mortal men are begotten by mortal fathers.” Bruce R. McConkie, Mormon Doctrine,1966, pp. 546-547

Read that again: "in the same way that mortal men are begotten by mortal fathers"

And again: "in the same way that mortal men are begotten by mortal fathers"

That would be by screwing. Any other claims is wishful Mormon fantasies. Your pitiful attempt to try and change the definition only shows an febble effort to try and saved a perverted church.
Care Enough To Google It

Yuba City, CA

#20205 Feb 15, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Words mean something."
Yeah they do. They mean "don't choke on your condom denying the reality of Mary being pregnant the way Joseph's neighbors would."
JOSEPH HID MARY because HIS NEIGHBORS WOULDN'T HAVE BELIEVED SHE COULD BE
PREGNANT without SEX,
TOO.
Care Enough To Google It

Yuba City, CA

#20206 Feb 15, 2013
That is WHAT the BIBLE SAYS: He HID HER because HE DIDN'T WANT ANYONE to KNOW
she was PREGNANT.

Because THEY

like YOU would VIGOROUSLY DENY

it is POSSIBLE without her
having SEX.

She was a virgin, she bore the child of GOD.

And there's not a thing you can do or say about it but howl the howl, of damned, evil, sodomite trash.
Care Enough To Google It

Yuba City, CA

#20207 Feb 15, 2013
LoL what a stupid, evil hillbilly.

Being in
***the precise position*** of Joseph's neighbors who ALSO would TRY to CLAIM SEX ACTIVITY TOOK PLACE violating the LAW of GOD
for her to be pregnant is

P.R.I.C.E.L.E.S.S.

You got a condom in your throat scoffer? Mocker?

You don't have much to say I didn't already hear from
JOSEPH'S
NEIGHBORS.
Care Enough To Google It

Yuba City, CA

#20208 Feb 15, 2013
"Yeah but... yeahBuT!"

Yeah we heard it all from Joseph's neighbors already: "It's impossible, yadaYada".

LoL that's what happens when you side with Satan. Unbeknown to you the very method used by Heavenly Father, is NAMED "The Natural Method" by MEDICAL SCIENCE.

!LoLoLoLoLoLoL!
Simply

United States

#20209 Feb 15, 2013
Cont'

4. We're the Only True Church

I usually told this lie during the first of seven 30-minute missionary lessons, which presented the Joseph Smith story. According to our script, Smith prayed in 1820 about which church to join. He claimed the Father and Son appeared and told him that all Christian churches of the day were wrong. Smith said he was forbidden to join any of them, that their creeds were abominable and their professors all corrupt. "They draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me," the Lord allegedly added. "They teach for doctrines the commandments of men" (Joseph Smith — History, verse 19). In subsequent lessons, I told prospects that Mormonism is the true church God restored through Smith.

But the Bible says such a restoration was unnecessary. Admittedly, there was partial apostasy after Christ's resurrection, but never a complete falling away. In fact, shortly before His crucifixion, Jesus promised that the gates of hell would not prevail against His church (Matthew 16:18). During my mission, however, I argued that the gates of hell did prevail against Christ's church.

Shortly after renouncing Mormonism, I learned a scriptural death blow to notions of universal apostasy. Addressing Ephesian believers 30 years after the Ascension, the Apostle Paul writes, "Unto [God] be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen" (Ephesians 3:21). God received glory in the Christian church from the time of Paul's writing to the present day, and He will receive such glory throughout all succeeding generations. Therefore, the church must exist from Paul's day throughout eternity. This annihilates Mormon claims of complete apostasy and makes restoration of Christ's church impossible.
Simply

United States

#20210 Feb 15, 2013
6. The Book of Mormon is Scripture

Joseph Smith claimed that the Book of Mormon is the most correct book on earth, adding that man would become closer to God by following its precepts than by obeying any other book ("History of the Church," Vol. 4, p. 461). Replace "Book of Mormon" with "the Bible" and Smith would have told the truth.

When teaching missionary lessons, I boldly maintained that the Book of Mormon is scripture. I spent myriad hours convincing prospects that it's a sacred record of Christ's activities in the western hemisphere. Yet many Christians I contacted realized the book "borrows" heavily from the Bible and other sources. And in stark contrast to the Old and New Testaments, virtually no archaeological and anthropological evidence supports the Book of Mormon. Why not? Because it's fiction. When Christians want to read scripture, they turn to the Bible.
Xenon Headlight

Columbus, OH

#20212 Feb 15, 2013
..........;_......”=,;/....}
..........;,,./`..../
...,,,___.
..........;_,,-”
,,_.......>-._\......
.....`=~-,
..........>--==``
..........<`.._|_,-&``. .......
Deuterium Blues

Columbus, OH

#20213 Feb 15, 2013
..........;_......”=,
...,,,___.
,,_.......>-._\......
.....`=~-,
..........<`…

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#20214 Feb 15, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
Joseph Smith said that there are men living on the moon who dress like Quakers and live to be nearly 1000 years old. Since he was wrong about the moon, is it safe to trust him regarding the way to Heaven?(The Young Woman's Journal, vol. 3, p. 263-264. See reprint in Mormonism -- Shadow or Reality? by Jerald and Sandra Tanner, p. 4.)
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

I know you hate to be informed by what was actually said, but read and weep. A paste from the web from me to you :)

This story surfaced in 1881. It was a third-hand account (this person heard it from that person who supposedly heard it from Joseph Smith). Even if true, it should be remember that during Joseph’s day, this was considered scientific fact. Sir Frederick William Herschel, a German-born British astronomer who discovered Uranus, argued that there must be inhabitants on the Moon. He also thought it possible that men lived below the Sun’s surface. And other scientists of that time claimed to have seen proof of life on the moon.

So, even if the story was true, for Joseph, Brigham Young and other prominent Mormons to state the same, only shows that they were men who read and accepted what scientists said.

As for the statement that they wore Quaker clothing. That remark was not made about the moon. It is unknown what planet or moon was being referred to and the Church does not make any conjecture.
Father overtime

Salt Lake City, UT

#20215 Feb 15, 2013
Simply wrote:
Cont'.
3. We're the Only True Christians
For decades, the Mormon Church has tried to blend with mainstream Christianity. Accordingly, during my mission a quarter-century ago, I worked hard to convince prospects that Mormons believe in the biblical Jesus. But Paul warned of deceivers who would lure Christians away from "the simplicity that is in Christ." These false teachers preached "another Jesus" and "another gospel" (2 Corinthians 11: 3-4) and were accursed (see Galatians 1:8-9). How interesting that Paul also cautions against false apostles, such as those in the Mormon Church (2 Corinthians 11:13-14).
So which Jesus and gospel do Mormons preach? While a missionary, I taught that Christ was the firstborn spirit child of the Father in a premortal life.(The remainder of humanity was born as spirits later in this "pre-existence.") But I didn't tell prospects this was a literal birth, the result of literal fathering, as Mormon prophets and apostles have claimed. If asked, I taught that the devil was born as one of God's noble spirit sons during the pre-existence, but had rebelled and started a war in heaven.
Consistent with Mormon doctrine, then, Christ and Satan are spirit brothers. But the Bible teaches that Christ is God (Isaiah 7:14; 9:6; John 1:1), that He has always been God (Psalm 90:2), and that He always will be God (Hebrews 13:8). Born into mortality some 2,000 years ago, Jesus is "God... manifest in the flesh" (1 Timothy 3:16). He is far grander and holier than "our Elder Brother," as Mormons dub Him. Jesus and Satan aren't spirit brothers, and true Christians don't believe such blasphemy.
Taking bible verses out of the entire context of the message again I see. You are not Christian. Satan is your brother, and Jesus brother too. The bible doesn't say so because the bible is an incomplete record.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#20216 Feb 15, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
What is going to happen on judgement day not ashamed?
... just as Cain... if we do don't do our DUTY and choose wisely, Heavenly Father can't show us favor... and we will be case out from his presence.
My guess is you will be judged on the way you have treated all of heavenly fathers children. We will be judged on our good deeds and bad. All of us have both. Im not particularly worried myself. I have kept his GREATEST commandment, to love one another. I can't speak for you.
Simply

Ballwin, MO

#20218 Feb 15, 2013
Cont'

8. People Can Become Gods

Given its explosive nature, this tenet was rarely shared with prospective converts. Missionaries try to entice people into Mormonism gradually, and presenting the doctrine of plural gods is seldom the best way. Several contacts learned the concept from their pastors or read about it on their own, but it was new to most prospects.

"Our Father in heaven loves us so much," I often said, parroting our lesson script, "that He provided a plan [Mormonism] for us to become like him." I didn't mention that Mormon godhood includes spirit procreation throughout eternity. Neither did I hint that the Mormon God was formerly a mortal man, had lived on an earth like ours, and had earned salvation through good works. However, such polytheism strips God of glory and sovereignty. No wonder the Bible condemns it so strongly. When discussing plural gods on my mission, I sidestepped Isaiah 44:8 whenever possible. "Is there a God beside me?" the passage reads. "Yea, there is no God; I know not any." Other verses amply testify that only one God exists in the universe (Deuteronomy 4:35, 39; 6:4; Isaiah 43:10-11; 45:21-23).

When confronted with these scriptures as a missionary, I usually countered with, "Those verses mean we worship only one God, that there's only one God to us." And if that failed, I lied further: "The Bible isn't clear on this subject. Fortunately, the Lord told Joseph Smith that mortals can become gods." Smith might have had a revelation, but not from God.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20221 Feb 15, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Try getting a temple recommend while smoking. If something is a "requirement" that would be the definition of a "commandment".
You and anyone else can twist this all you want. Smith, you know, the guy that phrased and instituted the WoW, he stated it didn't come by way of commandment.
If it had been a commandment, a whole lot would have changed in how things were being done in Smith's time instead of the 1920s and 30s.
More and more of the word of wisdom became a requirement to hold positions and finally to even be a member as time went on, as parts of it was defined/redefined to mean this and that.
Read the fricking history you didn't pay attention to in your 30 years as a Mormon.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20222 Feb 15, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need your level of requirement for facts to know he didn't marry them to shake their hands. Common sense works for those who haven't been brainwashed.
You're stuck between a rock and a wall with you're beliefs though.
On the one hand you say you know for a fact Smith married to have perverted sex.
On the other hand you won't convict yourself to stating how many of the women he married he married for perverted sex.
On the other hand Smith was factually pro-life. He authorized other elders to have several wives. They had children by those wives. Yet to explain lack of children from his own 30 plus wives, you wish to say Smith practiced birth control so not to have kids.
On the other hand at one point you believed he had living family from those wives till I showed you that was incorrect. That the relatives most claimed to be his were found to be lies perpetuated for over a century.
On the other hand you claim Smith married all his wives for perverted sex. Thirty wives in three years. Yet at one time you down played how much sex he was having to try explain the lack of children. Because I stated if he was a sex perv as you say he was, he had to be hitting those wives multiple times every single day for thirty years. So just twice a day for three years would be a minimim of 1000 times. And no kids.
You're own level of 'supposed' facts don't match you're own beliefs of Smith. You call him a sex perv but you down play how often he was having sex to explain the lack of kids. A sex perv is a sex perv. We have instances of them in our time to understand them to make a comparison to Smith. Look at Young, now to your wording there's a sex perv. He couldn't get enough and proved it by the dozens and dozens of children he had by his wives. Yet Smith had more than him in a shorter period of time and no kids.
You've brainwashed yourself to believe crap you can't even logically prove.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20223 Feb 15, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't see them go running to start a new church, and then use it to cheat on his wife, steal from the members, and screw the members wives.
There's absolute proof of somemore of your willful ignorant stupidity.
Smith didn't run off to start a religion after having his 'vision'. But that's okay by you if what you said wasn't actually true, just as long as your good Christian caring self can have something stupid and ignorant to say of Smith.
It's hearsay that he cheated on his wife but you don't care about that fact.
There is no factual proof he stole from his own members. There is no court case to show that ever happened. But you don't care. Having something foul to say is what's important to you.
And screwing other members wives, that's all hearsay but you don't have the honesty to admit it.
Keep it going dude...:)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20224 Feb 15, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, you believe whatever fairytale you want to make up. He was arrested for destroying a printing press. But violating Constitutional law was hardly the least of his crimes.
Why don't you ever read any actual Mormon history? The charge of 'riot' was for having instructed a mob to destroy that printing press. Yet you like always wish to seperate bits of information that go together to make a complete picture.
You proved you didn't know that when Smith had his boys go destroy that printing press, the charge brought against him for it's destruction was riot.
You knbow I really do go out of my way to show you the difference between using ignorance and using intelligence in debating but you seem not to have a clue of their difference.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#20225 Feb 15, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
I am about to use a word in the way it was truly meant to be used.
YOU are and Idiot.
I never said Jews did not practice Polygamy.
I know they did
I know some stole
I know some set up astar poles and had false Idols and bowed down to graven images.
And like Polygamy God never instructed them to do these things, nor did any of his prophets not once INCLUDING polygamy. In fact God commands us to do the opposite.
So if we are to follow your LDS illogical irrational thought process because Jews did it we can do it then we can murder commit Idolatry, steal, cheat, lie
So again I post in the truest meaning of the words definition,
YOU are and Idiot.
Moses made laws for polygamous relationships. Moses (most scholars state) recieved his laws from God. That means God gave laws to regulate polygamous marriages. That insinuates a support for polygamous relationships by God. Why? Because if God was trully against polygamy as you claim, he would have made laws against it for all Israelites. And he would never have made laws to regulate a thing you say he didn't support.

Firstborn Inheritance Rights

15 “If a man has two wives, one loved and the other unloved, and they have borne him children, both the loved and the unloved, and if the firstborn son is of her who is unloved,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Slickrock Towing And Recovery (Nov '12) Tue Outofstate 27
Birth Parents & Adoptees & Siblings Mon joanNYadoptees 1
News POLYGAMY: Utah Co. prosecutors want to see 'big... (Sep '10) Mon u need more meds 7
News Is this the year of women of color in politics? May 20 Lawrence Wolf 46
News MURDER: Man ordered to stand trial in aunt's sl... (Sep '10) May 18 Poo-Bear 5
News US court halts contentious law on contact lens ... May 18 AfricanAmerican 2
News Some LGBT residents critical of Utah anti-discr... May 13 Rainbow Kid 1
More from around the web

South Salt Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]