Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Read more: CNN 32,003

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Read more

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#20071 Feb 12, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
-Whom was the Bible testifies of in John and Isaiah, if not about those regarding The Book of Mormon?
Read my post again, I've already given you the answer to those questions.
-THE GOSPEL is doing just as what was prophesied of bring the other sheep into one fold, and one shepherd. The Church of Jesus Christ is the fastest growing church in the world... and the church is spreading to all over the earth.
Mormon wishful thinking. http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/...
John 10:15-16
15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
Yes, the Jews and the gentiles.
-YOU know the facts about the learned man not being able to read the Book of Mormon before it was translated. YOU know he said I cannot read it. Yet, Joseph Smith a young man with minimal education and wealth was able to... and he said I am not learned.
He said the whole affair was a hoax on the part of Joseph Smith to swindle money.

"'The whole story about my pronouncing the Mormon inscription to be reformed Egyptian hieroglyphics is perfectly false. Some years ago, a plain, apparently simple-hearted farmer called on me with a note from Dr. Mitchell, of our city, now dead, requesting me to decipher, if possible, the paper which the farmer would hand me. Upon examining the paper in question, I soon came to the conclusion that it was all a trick—perhaps a hoax.... I have frequently conversed with friends on the subject since the Mormon excitement began, and well remember that the paper contained anything else but Egyptian hieroglyphics."

http://www.utlm.org/onlineresources/anthonlet...
Isaiah 29:11-14
11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:
12 And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.
13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:
14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.
You must read the Entire chapter to see that Gods' people have hardened their hearts & the warning that is being given here is not going to be harkened to & the simile here is giving some one a sealed book full of important info & they say they can't read it because the book is sealed or like giving the book to someone who can't read!!! That's all. Context, son, context.
-JS endured many trials and hardships because he did as he was instructed by the Lord. It does not matter if you believe if or not... God said it was so, and it is so.
Enduring hardships is not an indicator of truth. Many people have endured worst hardships then Joseph Smith for causes you would even claim is of the devil. It proves nothing.
Mormon cult

Salt Lake City, UT

#20072 Feb 12, 2013
I wonder what mormons thinks of Joe smith firing shots and killed two people and was also smoking and drinking before the so called martyr as the mormons prefer to call his death....Any thoughts mormons? Was he sweeping the word of wisdom under the rug for a bottle a wine....Just like how polygamy is discontinued for the time being..,.and we know its not dismissed all together since they still consider D & C 132 as scriptures...any idea mormons??
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#20073 Feb 12, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget the LDS for the moment. The fact of the Bible is we read instances of monogamy or what we interpret to be monogamy. But another fact of the Bible is that many prophets/leaders/kings of the Israelite people partook in polygamous marriages. Another fact is a lot of these men were called righteous men and good men while engaged in these relationships. We know in one instance God gave a man who already had several wives, God gave him the wives of a dead king to have. We know polygamy is recorded to have happened as far back as the time of Adam while he was still alive.
The summery is that God not only endorsed monogamy, but when it served God's purposes and reasons, God endorsed polygamy also.
Deny it or take it as the Bible reveals it is up to you.
Again all this attests to his you have no idea why they were consider righteous.

That is because you believe its by Works and what you do.

But these men you reference were righteous in spite of their ACTIONS and deeds.

If you are to argue that we can be Polygamists because David was and he was also considered Righteous before God then clearly Adultery, Murder are OK too.

YOU miss it by a mile.

When David was confronted with the consequences of his his Sins Polygamy Murder he was repentant and truly Sorry and knew only God by Grace and Mercy could save him and create renew heart and soul in him.

He knew he was completely helpless to change his ways and only God could make him clean righteous as he was too far gone and no amount of good deeds after the fact could.

Read Psalm 51 again for the first time.
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#20074 Feb 12, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Another important fact that you forgot to read from my post was my following statement contained in that post you read every line in...
//// copied directly from that post (Post #20026)
The only way to have the TRUTH and I mean the FULL TRUTH is to go back to the ORIGINAL BIBLE...
it had the fullness.
Once it was broken up and taken away from and added to and modified it became NOT the ORIGINAL.
It is necessary for us to take ALL writings into account that ARE
O.R.I.G.I.N.A.L.
There is still more out there.
The Book of Mormon is just one of the O.R.I.G.I.N.A.L. writings discussed here. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is about the writings that originated from the Nephites in the Book of Mormon.
This again shows you know nothing of ancient texts and statistics.

We have sufficient Ancient texts of the Bible some 6000+ we have all the writings of Early Church fathers quoting these books as scripture that with out the ancient texts we can put together a complete NT just from their writings and when we do not one doctrine is in question when compare to ancient manuscripts.

Statistically from all these sources we can state the Bible of today is 99.99% the original.

So we have the Original Bible, God is GREAT when he says not even one stroke of his word can be lost no, even if Heaven Hell could pass away his word would not because he will not he is eternal thus his WORD.

I don't know what God you have put your faith in but he is not the God of the Bible who is Awesome and All powerful and nothing NOTHING can stop him and when he says he will preserve his word HE DOES.

This truth is contrary to the lies of the LDS false prophets.

Thus LDS are not Christian
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#20075 Feb 12, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice dodge and side step. Scared to prove your points?
What I know is you turned down a challenge. Scared to face your own sources? Scared to go through their testimonies?
I will state again and give you a chance to put your money where your mouth is.
"So paste just four (4) of your first hand accounts from your 'eye witnesses' and lets discuss the validity of what they said shall we?"
Remember, FIRST HAND ACCOUNTS. No rumours. No second or third or fourth hand accounts. list FOUR (4) FIRST HAND EYEWITNESS ACCOUNTS you claim exist. Not list them or be your own liar that you claim they exist, but maybe you can't list them because you can't find what you claim exists.
Waiting..........
done 3 times the links where you can find them are there if you truly a seeker of truth.

AS I stasted before if I cut and paste you complain if I don't you complain.

YOU are intolerable, you are uneducated in Theology and Church History you are fool.

I will continue to post documented verifiable proof that LDS are not Christians.

You well I would be a dumb dumb like you to continue this folly with you.

Mormons are not Christians stand by for the irrefutable FACTS that demonstrate this TRUTH

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#20076 Feb 12, 2013
Who was "John Foxe" & what the "Foxe's Book of Martyrs" is about

http://www.foxes-book-of-martyrs.com/history....

---

Get a Free PDF Download of Foxe's Book Of Martyrs:

http://manybooks.net/titles/foxej2240022400-8...

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20077 Feb 12, 2013
RE: Coptic Christianity - persecuted and controlled by Roman Catholics - confront the Islamic faith

http://www.gotquestions.org/Coptic-Christiani...

http://www.greatsite.com/timeline-english-bib...

"By 500 AD the Bible had been translated into over 500 languages. Just one century later, by 600 AD, it has been restricted to only one language: the Latin Vulgate! The only organized and recognized church at that time in history was the Catholic Church of Rome, and they refused to allow the scripture to be available in any language other than Latin. Those in possession of non-Latin scriptures would be executed! This was because only the priests were educated to understand Latin, and this gave the church ultimate power… a power to rule without question… a power to deceive… a power to extort money from the masses. Nobody could question their “Biblical” teachings, because few people other than priests could read Latin. The church capitalized on this forced-ignorance through the 1,000 year period from 400 AD to 1,400 AD knows as the “Dark and Middle Ages”.

Pope Leo the Tenth established a practice called the “selling of indulgences” as a way to extort money from the people. He offered forgiveness of sins for a fairly small amount of money. For a little bit more money, you would be allowed to indulge in a continuous lifestyle of sin, such as keeping a mistress. Also, through the invention of “Purgatory”, you could purchase the salvation of your loved-one’s souls. The church taught the ignorant masses,“As soon as the coin in the coffer rings, the troubled soul from Purgatory springs!” Pope Leo the Tenth showed his true feelings when he said,“The fable of Christ has been quite profitable to us!”

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20078 Feb 12, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copts#Foundation...

Encyclopedia Information on the different varieties of Coptic Christianity.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#20079 Feb 12, 2013
"During the middle years of the twentieth century two important but very different collections of ancient religious texts were unearthed in Palestine and Egypt: the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Nag Hammadi Library"

http://gnosis.org/library/dss/dss.htm

Marysville, CA

#20080 Feb 12, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Now all you're doing is showing me how childish of a little mind you really have. And to think I was giving you some credit for having a level of intelligence that you have totally now proved beyond a reasonable doubt you don't have.
You paste others words.
You call childish names.
You speak like a little child having a rant on the play ground.
My apology for thinking I was speaking to an adult, my sincerest apologies.
Newsflash: Pot call Kettle black. LOL!!!
vcb

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

#20081 Feb 12, 2013
vcb

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

#20082 Feb 12, 2013
&li st=PL1F12AF622A03004D
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#20083 Feb 12, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
"During the middle years of the twentieth century two important but very different collections of ancient religious texts were unearthed in Palestine and Egypt: the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Nag Hammadi Library"
and not one of them changed our present day bible all manuscripts of the Bible confirmed that they were accurate.

That speaks to God and confirms his words not one STROKE shall be erased.

What is mind boggling is the Mormon notion that for some 1700 years God did not have the power to maintain his word as he said he would and some Adulteress Pedophile polygamist guy who died in a shoot out in jail who used a magic top hat and magic glasses to translate a Golden book of Mormon that if real would have been to heavy to lift for one man, that nobody saw no witnesses was needed to get us back on track. Whose cult then claimed all Black men are black because they were Neutral in Heaven during Lucifer's fight with his brother Jesus and apparently I did good because I am white and its just recently Blacks now can go in the temple contrary to B.Y. words if a black enters the temple should be torn down.

Alice in Wonderland folks Alice in Wonderland is more believable that this cult.

Marysville, CA

#20084 Feb 12, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I love non-thought out posts like yours :)
The reason Christianity isn't Christian is because they deny several essential doctrines of the early church that Jesus set forth himself. Modern Christians find excuses not to believe in there existence which proves their nothing but fake wannabes.
Modern Christians deny the existence of apostles, prophets, seventies, revelation by and through prophets and apostles, they don't believe a bishop needs to be married. They don't believe a deacon needs to be married. Most Christian churches have no position but a minister. Most don't have missionaries. Most don't believe in baptism by immersion. Many don't believe a baptism is needed at all. Many teach a doctrine of faith and preach against works and faith.
Modern Christianity is a fraud of what early Christianity was once. And those are facts Jack.
I would love to hear more of your crack thinking. What "essential" doctrines" can't be found? It isn't getting a temple endowment, because that has never been taught. It isn't "eternal marriage" despite any claims of yours, because it was taught against. The problem for you is that you can't accept the plain English of it. It isn't the need for modern Apostles because nowhere does the scriptures speak of a need for them. This is also proven by the fact that as the original Apostles died, they were not replaced. The other Apostles could have ordained more at any time, if they were needed. It isn't the need for modern prophets because there wasn't even one prophet in the days of the early church. It isn't the teaching that we can become gods, because God has clearly stated that there will be none after him. And the fact the Devil was kicked out of heaven for wanting to be like God. That only proves that Mormonism is the devils plan, not anything to do with Jesus Christ.

Just what are these "essential" teachings and please, for once, give actual scripture to prove it and not your Mormon fantasies.

Marysville, CA

#20085 Feb 12, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
If you know the Bible so well, then why don't you know the history of it?
This is not taught by the Mormon Church. It is strictly Biblical history.
/////
Christ set up his Church "The Church of Jesus Christ" during his ministry. Money, power, and evil changed it.
Then came the Dark Ages.
The Roman Catholics forbid anyone without "their authority" to own a copy of the Bible... for monetary purposes.
"The original languages of Hebrew and Greek, and the 1,000 years of the Dark & Middle Ages when the Word was trapped in only Latin". This was done to ensure people did not have the ability to possess the knowledge of the Word of God on their own for their own agenda. The only way to obtain the knowledge or power was to pay for it.
All of the different break offs of the different Christian Church's came as a result of the Dark Ages. That is why there are Different Christian sects NOT different Christian GODS.
The Church Jesus originally set up was corrupted because of the Roman Catholics and their agenda. Their agenda and their corruption was finally exposed by Martin Luther...
"Luther declared his intolerance for the Roman Church’s corruption on Halloween in 1517, by nailing his 95 Theses of Contention to the Wittenberg Church door. Luther, who would be exiled in the months following the Diet of Worms Council in 1521 that was designed to martyr him, would translate the New Testament into German for the first time from the 1516 Greek-Latin New Testament of Erasmus, and publish it in September of 1522... In the 1530’s he would go on to publish the entire Bible in German."
HOWEVER, when it started being distributed... they were "burned as soon as the Bishop could confiscate them, but copies trickled through and actually ended up in the bedroom of King Henry VIII. The more the King and Bishop resisted its distribution, the more fascinated the public at large became. The church declared it contained thousands of errors as they torched hundreds of New Testaments confiscated by the clergy, while in fact, they burned them because they could find no errors at all. One risked death by burning if caught in mere possession of Tyndale's forbidden books."
To read more about this PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION FROM THIS SITE. From the Knowledge I've obtained in studying religions in college, through years of research... this site is very thorough and correct.
http://greatsite.com/timeline-english-bible-h...
The only way to have the TRUTH and I mean the FULL TRUTH is to go back to the ORIGINAL BIBLE...
it had the fullness.
Once it was broken up and taken away from and added to and modified it became NOT the ORIGINAL.
It is necessary for us to take ALL writings into account that ARE
O.R.I.G.I.N.A.L.
There is still more out there.
The Book of Mormon is just one of the O.R.I.G.I.N.A.L. writings discussed here. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is about the writings that originated from the Nephites in the Book of Mormon.
Making issue with JS in any way shape or form has always been the desire of corrupted men.
So you think Jesus was a liar? A false prophet?
Matthew 16:18
I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.

Well, according to you, the LDS church, and Joe Smith, Jesus was wrong because the gates of hades did overcome it for 1,500 yrs. Mormonism thinks Christian is a club that you must have the right membership to. That has nothing to do with it. It is the persons relationship to Christ that is the deciding factor on a persons salvation.

Marysville, CA

#20086 Feb 12, 2013
vcb wrote:
As there was no Islam before the time of Muhammad, that claim is about the most ignorant thing I've heard all day.

Marysville, CA

#20087 Feb 12, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
and not one of them changed our present day bible all manuscripts of the Bible confirmed that they were accurate.
That speaks to God and confirms his words not one STROKE shall be erased.
What is mind boggling is the Mormon notion that for some 1700 years God did not have the power to maintain his word as he said he would and some Adulteress Pedophile polygamist guy who died in a shoot out in jail who used a magic top hat and magic glasses to translate a Golden book of Mormon that if real would have been to heavy to lift for one man, that nobody saw no witnesses was needed to get us back on track. Whose cult then claimed all Black men are black because they were Neutral in Heaven during Lucifer's fight with his brother Jesus and apparently I did good because I am white and its just recently Blacks now can go in the temple contrary to B.Y. words if a black enters the temple should be torn down.
Alice in Wonderland folks Alice in Wonderland is more believable that this cult.
Apparently God lies to the Mormons all the time:
Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.

Yet they claim they believe in Jesus while calling him a liar the whole time.

Marysville, CA

#20088 Feb 12, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
And not one thing in them supports the teachings of the LDS church.
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#20089 Feb 12, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently God lies to the Mormons all the time:
Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.
Yet they claim they believe in Jesus while calling him a liar the whole time.
You speak (write) a lot of truth logically and backed up with scripture you never know might catch on with some of these LDS

But at the end of the Day I believe most already know its a fairy tale at best, where I live in Canada is 60% Mormon, I grew up with Mormons some today still very good friends, I know where they stand as they do I.

But what comes out from them in deep quiet honest moments is that to leave is to leave a very tight knit family that truly love each other and take care of each other. For sure they know Family

To stand up and say hey we are good family people but got our theology all messed up is tough as they have radicals that will make it hell for them in their community.

So to admit it publicly is very tough situation for the average LDS.

Prayer is the answer for an average LDS to take a stand for the truth will have a price I have never known

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#20091 Feb 12, 2013
Mormon cult wrote:
I wonder what mormons thinks of Joe smith firing shots and killed two people and was also smoking and drinking before the so called martyr as the mormons prefer to call his death....Any thoughts mormons? Was he sweeping the word of wisdom under the rug for a bottle a wine....Just like how polygamy is discontinued for the time being..,.and we know its not dismissed all together since they still consider D & C 132 as scriptures...any idea mormons??
It's called self defence. Men were armed and firing through the door at what they thought were unarmed men. That proves the mob was set to commit premeditated first degree murder.
The first murder they committed was Hyrum Smith. That's called a cold blooded killing when you kill an unarmed man.
Smith thought he was going to die and stated he was being led to a slaughter as a lamb. Remember what Peter did the first time his life was threatened? He ran. He didn't stay around to become a martyr. When Jesus was being taken to Jail, remember what Peter did? He pulled a sword from it's scabbard and tried unsuccessfully to half the skull of a guard, but missed and cut his ear off.
Know what that proves and insinuates? Peter, the faithful loving apostle of the Lord walked about armed with a very sharp sword. And more likely the apostles were armed to.
So I don't find it odd that Smith thinking he was about to die and has a chance to arm himself does it. I don't find it odd that while a angry mod is firing blindly through a door to murder the men inside, I think it was right as rain for Smith to fire off that pistol in self defence. I think it's to bad that all six rounds didn't go off wounding/killing four or five men. I think that believing the prisoners were armed, they would have turned tale and ran. The out come would have been very different.
And to my memory, I don't remember Smith teaching it was a sin to drink wine from time to time. Prophets and leaders in the OT drank it. Jesus made some for a wedding.
So what now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Horny in Salt Lake (Dec '12) Apr 15 cowboydaddy 5
Birth Parents & Adoptees & Siblings Apr 14 joanNYadoptees 1
Review: Slickrock Towing And Recovery (Nov '12) Apr 11 travis tippetts 25
Review: Elite Pay Global (Jun '14) Apr 11 Mrgpd 3
West Valley Gang Bangers.. (Nov '08) Apr 10 yg Bobby 67
News Top Mormons outline support for marriage for ma... Apr 8 Evilgelicalling 47
News Salt Lake City Mayor Ralph Becker to oversee na... Nov '14 Ace McMillan 2
More from around the web

South Salt Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]