Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 20 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#19037 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>LOL omg you are the master of diversion.
Please tell me why u choose to support evergreen with ur tithes.( and why that's ok with ur "homosexual" friends)
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#19038 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> just like she has no idea what I do outside this forum. That statement goes for both sides . You all dish out, but can't take it back very well
I'm taking what you're giving, but as for taking anything I've said about you back, in the immortal words of Dana Carvey playing George Herbert Walker Bush - "Not Gonna Doit....."

You're getting particularly nasty here tonight though... I wonder why your cult engenders so much emotion in you when challenged. And I wonder how you manage to handle the cognitive dissonance. But I do know that sand can work wonders in that regard... So I'm not particularly surprised.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#19039 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> I can do anything I like. The real question is what does that have to do with weather or not Mormons are Christian ?
If you can do anything you like, that's great for you. Not everyone has that option. Some are still fighting for that right. Mormons who say they are christians, must be christians or at least see themselves that way. What's the big deal if they are, or aren't? That really is something I couldn't care less about, and seems like a minor detail. The muslim question has been presented to you several times {because there are other topics on this thread} and you refuse to address it. So if you don't want to keep hearing it, you could answer, or take the fifth. But I will agree to not criticize your spelling if you do the same for me.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#19040 Nov 25, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm taking what you're giving, but as for taking anything I've said about you back, in the immortal words of Dana Carvey playing George Herbert Walker Bush - "Not Gonna Doit....."
You're getting particularly nasty here tonight though... I wonder why your cult engenders so much emotion in you when challenged. And I wonder how you manage to handle the cognitive dissonance. But I do know that sand can work wonders in that regard... So I'm not particularly surprised.
lol.. I wouldn't ask you to take back anything you have said, I would expect you to stand behind your convictions just as I stand behind mine. The statement meant you can't take the tongue lashing from others , you only dish out.
I.am a bit nasty tonight, but just like the rest of you, I'm only human.

“I will not keep calm”

#19041 Nov 25, 2012
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>If you can do anything you like, that's great for you. Not everyone has that option. Some are still fighting for that right. Mormons who say they are christians, must be christians or at least see themselves that way. What's the big deal if they are, or aren't? That really is something I couldn't care less about, and seems like a minor detail. The muslim question has been presented to you several times {because there are other topics on this thread} and you refuse to address it. So if you don't want to keep hearing it, you could answer, or take the fifth. But I will agree to not criticize your spelling if you do the same for me.
I don't recall criticizing your spelling. However to answer your question, yes I would vote for a Muslim if I thought he could do the job well. Elections aren't about religion.

Location hidden

#19042 Nov 25, 2012
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>If you can do anything you like, that's great for you. Not everyone has that option. Some are still fighting for that right. Mormons who say they are christians, must be christians or at least see themselves that way. What's the big deal if they are, or aren't? That really is something I couldn't care less about, and seems like a minor detail. The muslim question has been presented to you several times {because there are other topics on this thread} and you refuse to address it. So if you don't want to keep hearing it, you could answer, or take the fifth. But I will agree to not criticize your spelling if you do the same for me.
She can't do anything she likes..her morg will cast her to outer darkness if she does. Good luck having your questions answered..

Location hidden

#19043 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>lol.. I wouldn't ask you to take back anything you have said, I would expect you to stand behind your convictions just as I stand behind mine. The statement meant you can't take the tongue lashing from others , you only dish out.
Why do u pay money to exclude, shun and torment gay people?
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#19044 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> lol.. I wouldn't ask you to take back anything you have said, I would expect you to stand behind your convictions just as I stand behind mine. The statement meant you can't take the tongue lashing from others , you only dish out.
Well, if you mean that I'm not going to respond well to the kinds of juvenile bully playground insults that Crazy flings at me, count me as a non-taker. And if you agree with No Prize that what I advocate for children in terms of letting them be who they are amounts to contributing to their suicide, I'm not going to take that well either. As far as what I'm doing with you is that I'm noting the stark inconsistencies and inability to make a decision and the extreme tightrope acrobatics you're engaged in to make your cult jibe with what you think and know to be morally correct.

“I will not keep calm”

#19045 Nov 25, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
She can't do anything she likes..her morg will cast her to outer darkness if she does. Good luck having your questions answered..
No mortal being has the ability to cast me into outer darkness. You are wrong, yet again.

“I will not keep calm”

#19046 Nov 25, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do u pay money to exclude, shun and torment gay people?
I pay tithing, because it's a biblical commandment.

“I will not keep calm”

#19047 Nov 25, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you mean that I'm not going to respond well to the kinds of juvenile bully playground insults that Crazy flings at me, count me as a non-taker. And if you agree with No Prize that what I advocate for children in terms of letting them be who they are amounts to contributing to their suicide, I'm not going to take that well either. As far as what I'm doing with you is that I'm noting the stark inconsistencies and inability to make a decision and the extreme tightrope acrobatics you're engaged in to make your cult jibe with what you think and know to be morally correct.
Maybe you should try paying attention to what I type, as opposed to grouping me.
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#19048 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> No mortal being has the ability to cast me into outer darkness. You are wrong, yet again.
According to Joseph's Myth, he (ol' Horndog Joe) sits at the judgment bar with your cult's Jesus to judge you all.

Your Morg (meaning your morg's founder) Joey would then be in a position indeed to cast you into the outer darkness.
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#19049 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe you should try paying attention to what I type, as opposed to grouping me.
You first typed that I can dish it out better than I can take it back. When I said I am not taking anything back, you said I can't take tongue lashings. Hello...

You aren't making much sense, Sister...
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#19050 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> I pay tithing, because it's a biblical commandment.
In other words, she does it because she's told to....

She therefore allows them to have the power over her that regardless of her own thoughts in the matter, she does not wish to lose her sacred admission ticket to the International House of Handshakes. Because it's more important for her to do the passwords and the handshakes and to wear the underwear than it is that they torture and drive people to suicide. In other words... That's what really matters.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#19051 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> I don't recall criticizing your spelling. However to answer your question, yes I would vote for a Muslim if I thought he could do the job well. Elections aren't about religion.
Thank you, that was like pulling teeth.

“I will not keep calm”

#19052 Nov 25, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, she does it because she's told to....
She therefore allows them to have the power over her that regardless of her own thoughts in the matter, she does not wish to lose her sacred admission ticket to the International House of Handshakes. Because it's more important for her to do the passwords and the handshakes and to wear the underwear than it is that they torture and drive people to suicide. In other words... That's what really matters.
what part of biblical commandment did you miss ?
Most all religions follow the same commandment.

“I will not keep calm”

#19053 Nov 25, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
You first typed that I can dish it out better than I can take it back. When I said I am not taking anything back, you said I can't take tongue lashings. Hello...
You aren't making much sense, Sister...
I said you can dish it out, but not take it back. As in can't take the same thing in return. Seems pretty clear.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#19054 Nov 25, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
It always boggles my mind that people who claim to be able to whatever they like, think the world works that way for everyone. It also shows a very limited imagination.

Location hidden

#19055 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>I pay tithing, because it's a biblical commandment.
U pay tithes willingly..to people who marginalize people u care about? WHY?
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#19056 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe you should try paying attention to what I type, as opposed to grouping me.
I'm paying attention. Would you tell us, please, do you agree with the position the lds church has regarding homosexualality?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
colette draeger 17 hr RANSOM PRIDE 1
laura black Apr 29 hhhhhh 1
jews Apr 29 RANSOM PRIDE 1
Review: Slickrock Towing And Recovery (Nov '12) Apr 27 Upset tenant 26
Review: CMC Heating And Air Conditioning Apr 27 Kurt Cooks 2
Obama is pure evil. Apr 24 goodness 1
Centurylink really sucks Apr 24 dman 1
More from around the web

South Salt Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE