Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 32,005

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#18985 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Now you see sugar dumpling, that is where you are wrong. You will notice that nomo never denied hating Mormons. I can understand how you can hate a practice but not the people as a whole, however in this case you are just wrong. You are right, there is a lot of good in me. Just as i'm sure there is a lot of good in most all people. I don't have a cult manual to preach from so all I can say to that is, I haven't a clue what you are talking about.
You can think what you like, I couldn't care less, just don't pretend that ol' Nomo isn't a Mormon hater. Which is a term I don't normally throw around. She hates everyone who doesn't believe EXACTLY as she does.
At least NOW you're honest about what Evergreen does to homosexuals: "I couldn't care less..."
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#18986 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
The word cult can most widely be defined as a group of People who hold the same religious beliefs.
In that regard: YES we are a cult. Along, with Baptist, Methodist, Catholics, ect.
Cults can be defined as those with unorthodox practices, however if is not the sole definition.
The end.
You finally admit that you're a cult now (albeit in your trademark wishy-washy way). Now have a look (if you dare) at just why we call your group a cult: Warning: This video is a classic. Note the late 60's/early 70's Moog synthesizer... Switched-On Cults!

Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#18987 Nov 25, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha...totally true. U wouldn't believe some of the names and the spelling of those names of kids I've taught over the years:)
My all time favorite was Vulva Mae.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#18988 Nov 25, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Assumptions make u an ASS.
Ur cult torments it's gay children, shuns them, rejects them, throws them away. And u Molly idiot smile sweetly and tighten ur blinders.
I always smile.sweetly, I have no blinders though. People of many religions do that. I personally do not, but don't act as though only Mormons shun homosexuals. It depends on the person not the religion and you know that as well as anyone does.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#18989 Nov 25, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>You finally admit that you're a cult now (albeit in your trademark wishy-washy way). Now have a look (if you dare) at just why we call your group a cult: Warning: This video is a classic. Note the late 60's/early 70's Moog synthesizer... Switched-On Cults!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =mnNSe5XYp6EXX
I bet she didn't dare:) LOL

“I will not keep calm”

#18990 Nov 25, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Assumptions make u an ASS.
Ur cult torments it's gay children, shuns them, rejects them, throws them away. And u Molly idiot smile sweetly and tighten ur blinders.
Your personality makes you an Ass. You are one to talk about assumptions. I've never assumed a thing about you.

“I will not keep calm”

#18991 Nov 25, 2012
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Hate is an ugly word, used flagrantly on this thread. But right or wrong, it does elicit passion, as does love or caring. So the real opposite of love would be indifference. You know, the constant statement used where "you couldn't care less" that's indifference and that can be really ugly. Shows a real lack of empathy.
Nomo is the one who originally used the word hate. I simply mentioned she is no better than those she accuses of hate. Why are you not saying the same thing to her ???? Biased much ?

“I will not keep calm”

#18992 Nov 25, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
At least NOW you're honest about what Evergreen does to homosexuals: "I couldn't care less..."
I mentioned evergreen??? Nope.

“I will not keep calm”

#18993 Nov 25, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
You finally admit that you're a cult now (albeit in your trademark wishy-washy way). Now have a look (if you dare) at just why we call your group a cult: Warning: This video is a classic. Note the late 60's/early 70's Moog synthesizer... Switched-On Cults!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =mnNSe5XYp6EXX
I have always said that by definition all religious organizations are a cult. That is why the word doesn't bother me in the least.

Location hidden

#18994 Nov 25, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>My all time favorite was Vulva Mae.
Poor thing!!

CHAZDEEDEE!! Hahahaha

Location hidden

#18996 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>I always smile.sweetly, I have no blinders though. People of many religions do that. I personally do not, but don't act as though only Mormons shun homosexuals. It depends on the person not the religion and you know that as well as anyone does.
Yada Yada...turn ur head til ur neck breaks. It happens in front of ur face and u "See Nothing."

Location hidden

#18997 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Your personality makes you an Ass. You are one to talk about assumptions. I've never assumed a thing about you.
Hahaha..omg, are u really that confused? Just keep sweet, it suits u better.

“I will not keep calm”

#18998 Nov 25, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet she didn't dare:) LOL
Didnt dare do what ?? My assumptions????? Lol you assume to know all about me and what I would or would not do. You are an idiot. Oh wait that's right, this is the only place people pay attention to you. Haha in real life you are probably just a scared little kitten.

“I will not keep calm”

#18999 Nov 25, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yada Yada...turn ur head til ur neck breaks. It happens in front of ur face and u "See Nothing."
after reading my personal stories of how I have stood beside my homosexual friends, even a boyfriend, held his hand through it all the fact that you would say that just proves what a true bitch you are.

Location hidden

#19001 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> after reading my personal stories of how I have stood beside my homosexual friends, even a boyfriend, held his hand through it all the fact that you would say that just proves what a true bitch you are.
Ooooooh" BITCH"..ur gonna have to skip the wonder bread and tap water next week. U can stand beside people u care about and support their torment. All at the same time..how do u do that?
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#19002 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> I always smile.sweetly, I have no blinders though. People of many religions do that. I personally do not, but don't act as though only Mormons shun homosexuals. It depends on the person not the religion and you know that as well as anyone does.
And since so many others also shun homosexuals, that means Mormons are also correct to shun homosexuals... Is that what you're saying?

I want to get you on the record for this...
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#19003 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> I have always said that by definition all religious organizations are a cult. That is why the word doesn't bother me in the least.
Yet you brought it up here over a week ago when you specifically engaged me as I was telling the truth about your cult.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#19004 Nov 25, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> Nomo is the one who originally used the word hate. I simply mentioned she is no better than those she accuses of hate. Why are you not saying the same thing to her ???? Biased much ?
I am biased regarding somethings. I was just making an observation. Nomo has never used the word hate in any conversations with me. You, on the other hand, referenced that word the first sentence you ever spoke to me. You hated. You do tend to use the word often.
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#19005 Nov 25, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooooooh" BITCH"..ur gonna have to skip the wonder bread and tap water next week. U can stand beside people u care about and support their torment. All at the same time..how do u do that?
Except it's no longer the Holy Bread of Wonder anymore, they had to switch to Pepperidge Farms.

“I will not keep calm”

#19006 Nov 25, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
<quoted text>
And since so many others also shun homosexuals, that means Mormons are also correct to shun homosexuals... Is that what you're saying?
I want to get you on the record for this...
Good glad you are getting this on record. Just make sure it is verbatim. I know how you like to switch stuff around. I'm gonna say it real slow for you.
It . Is. Not. Ok. For. ANYONE. To shun homosexuals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 13 min NoMo 15,333
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 2 hr WasteWater 639
Jason Derek Brown 16 hr Victor Manuel Gerena 1
Home-schooling parents relieved over passage of... (Mar '14) Tue Brenda Stiles 2
Why LDS wives dislike sex (Apr '10) Mon HornyLDSwife 13
Review: SLC 1st Class Locksmith (Feb '14) Sep 28 flapjak911 2
Police seek person of interest in SLC homicide Sep 27 mom guera 1
South Salt Lake Dating

more search filters

less search filters

South Salt Lake Jobs

South Salt Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

South Salt Lake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in South Salt Lake

Personal Finance