Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32065 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#33336 Apr 9, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I have also heard similar things. I know of the tombs. Saw a couple documentaries about them. Their still discovering tunnels and many have become flooded and entrances to others caved in.
I heard the Catholic church has some real goodies in their libraries like writings of Jesus being married and having a family and what happened to various apostles and writings of the apostles not included in the Bible. But because certain things written in the writings they couldn't use the rest or else reveal their own doctrines compromised.
I watched a documentary about a historian visiting what was the first Catholic Church ... and he was looking for documents (scrolls).... he walked upon a priest who was BURNING the scrolls... knowing he was looking for them. He stopped him he acquired the partial scroll that was not burned.

It's sad that people don't want the world to know the entire truth that the Lord has given us. It's sad that people would burn the word of God and try to stop it from going forth... but that is how Satan works.

There are some very good documentaries. I have heard of a scroll that talked of Mary Madelin as being his wife... I do not know if this is true... but it came from Bible Historians who don't make things up just to be popular... because if they are found to be wrong they look bad so they make sure what they print or say is accurate or what they believe to be accurate.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#33337 Apr 9, 2014
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, that Catholic church what a stinker, corrupt from the get go. Just wondering, have you found me an appliance not made off the sweat of slave labor yet?
Your post is just childish...

#1) One of the Apostles/a Disciple of Jesus Christ started the Catholic Church. It was St. Peter... BTW then when he came to Rome they martyred him.

#2) The Catholic Church started out being a true Church of Jesus Christ... but when the Popes started changing things from Gods word it was not of the Lord any longer.

#3) We are having an intelligent discussion... at least 3 of us... regarding the Lords word and history...

and your post "Just wondering, have you found me an appliance not made off the sweat of slave labor yet?" just has nothing to do with Christianity or the History of it.

You are trying to get No Surprise riled up so everyone gets off topic... if you don't like the discussion then don't listen to it. However, if you want to learn a little about History and Christianity than follow the discussion. But, stop being childish... it's not becoming at all.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#33338 Apr 9, 2014
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>I watched a documentary about a historian visiting what was the first Catholic Church ... and he was looking for documents (scrolls).... he walked upon a priest who was BURNING the scrolls... knowing he was looking for them. He stopped him he acquired the partial scroll that was not burned.

It's sad that people don't want the world to know the entire truth that the Lord has given us. It's sad that people would burn the word of God and try to stop it from going forth... but that is how Satan works.

There are some very good documentaries. I have heard of a scroll that talked of Mary Madelin as being his wife... I do not know if this is true... but it came from Bible Historians who don't make things up just to be popular... because if they are found to be wrong they look bad so they make sure what they print or say is accurate or what they believe to be accurate.
Really? Was it a reenactment? I watched a reenactment documentary the other day about aliens. It's amazing how real everything looks.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#33339 Apr 9, 2014
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Was it a reenactment? I watched a reenactment documentary the other day about aliens. It's amazing how real everything looks.
And you are off topic and you are just a loon...

No... I don't believe in Aliens... and Yes I see you scheme to get the discussion of Christianity. You really suck at it btw.

God is my co-pilot !!!

now I understand why you are such a loon because... Space Aliens are your co-pilot !!!

Location hidden

#33340 Apr 9, 2014
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>And you are off topic and you are just a loon...

No... I don't believe in Aliens... and Yes I see you scheme to get the discussion of Christianity. You really suck at it btw.

God is my co-pilot !!!

now I understand why you are such a loon because... Space Aliens are your co-pilot !!!

So it was a reenactment. I thought so.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#33341 Apr 9, 2014
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, that Catholic church what a stinker, corrupt from the get go. Just wondering, have you found me an appliance not made off the sweat of slave labor yet?
No phone calls, no letters, no emails and you come back wanting to rehash how you're against big business using/selling slave labor products you have been buying all your life? Plllleaseee ;)P

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#33342 Apr 9, 2014
NoMo wrote:
You hateful bigots. Your cult is truly despicable.
http://m.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/thenew... #!/entry/breaking-utah-quietly -seeking-emergency-relief-to-h alt-existing-lgbt,5345b4350253 12186cf3a072
How are you any different? If this was polygamy that had been legalized in Utah and polygamy parents had began adoptions once denied them and then had the decision of marriage overturned, you'd be on the courthouse steps with a sign denouncing polygamous marriages with the word adoption and a red circle with an x on it for no adoptions by polygamous parents.
Being a prejudicial bigot is one thing.
But calling others prejudicial bigots while your a self proven prejudicial bigot yourself, you have no room to cast any verbal stones.
pearl

Sandy, UT

#33343 Apr 9, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
No phone calls, no letters, no emails and you come back wanting to rehash how you're against big business using/selling slave labor products you have been buying all your life? Plllleaseee ;)P
So you can't figure out a way to call me a hypocrite without holding Christians to that same standard? Come on, where's some of that "twisted logic"? You know your constitution legalizes slavery, so you could use that as a legitimate way to endorse forced labor. See I'm helping you.
pearl

Sandy, UT

#33344 Apr 9, 2014
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post is just childish...
#1) One of the Apostles/a Disciple of Jesus Christ started the Catholic Church. It was St. Peter... BTW then when he came to Rome they martyred him.
#2) The Catholic Church started out being a true Church of Jesus Christ... but when the Popes started changing things from Gods word it was not of the Lord any longer.
#3) We are having an intelligent discussion... at least 3 of us... regarding the Lords word and history...
and your post "Just wondering, have you found me an appliance not made off the sweat of slave labor yet?" just has nothing to do with Christianity or the History of it.
You are trying to get No Surprise riled up so everyone gets off topic... if you don't like the discussion then don't listen to it. However, if you want to learn a little about History and Christianity than follow the discussion. But, stop being childish... it's not becoming at all.
Oh you mean Peter, the rock that Jesus built his church upon. The one ordained by Jesus, the first pope of the true church of Jesus, the one the gates of the netherwordl shall not prevail against? Yeah, I know who he is. You know I've been to the basilica, toured the Vatican, attended catechism, baptized and confirmed. It cute, though naive, that you assume I reject Christianity because I don't know history. It's because I do know history that I reject Christianity. You're knowledge of history goes back only two thousand years, and follows only one small faction of history. That's all you acknowledge. There's much more history regarding the evolution of God than you seem to realize.
I do ask questions to get the christian perspective, so on a side note, do yo think your mother was evil?
pearl

Sandy, UT

#33345 Apr 9, 2014
I see my spelling and grammar was especially bad in the previous post. Sorry folks. I was hoping to learn more than just how bad my grammar is, but I've been on this thread for over a year now I have yet to hear something I haven't heard before. But I do find how susceptible, easily influenced and willing to grasp at straws people become when trying to make a belief fit into reality. Now take Mouse for instance, she has had a rough life and has every reason to seek justice which I'm sure helps with her testimony. How hard it would be to think that the abuse she has gone through wouldn't be rectified in the end, or that perhaps she physically suffers her karma now for allowing her children to be abused. Hard pills to sallow for sure, especially for the weak among us. So who here thinks we are indeed our brothers keeper?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#33346 Apr 9, 2014
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
So it was a reenactment. I thought so.

No it was not a reenactment... take your crazy presumption and go back to the looney bin.

I said in my original post it was a documentary.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY the original post....

"I watched a documentary about a historian visiting what was the first Catholic Church ... and he was looking for documents (scrolls).... he walked upon a priest who was BURNING the scrolls... knowing he was looking for them. He stopped him he acquired the partial scroll that was not burned.

There are some very good documentaries. I have heard of a scroll that talked of Mary Madelin as being his wife... I do not know if this is true... but it came from Bible Historians who don't make things up just to be popular... because if they are found to be wrong they look bad so they make sure what they print or say is accurate or what they believe to be accurate."

Thank you for your diligence!

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#33347 Apr 9, 2014
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Oh you mean Peter, the rock that Jesus built his church upon. The one ordained by Jesus, the first pope of the true church of Jesus, the one the gates of the netherwordl shall not prevail against? Yeah, I know who he is. You know I've been to the basilica, toured the Vatican, attended catechism, baptized and confirmed. It cute, though naive, that you assume I reject Christianity because I don't know history. It's because I do know history that I reject Christianity. You're knowledge of history goes back only two thousand years, and follows only one small faction of history. That's all you acknowledge. There's much more history regarding the evolution of God than you seem to realize.
I do ask questions to get the christian perspective, so on a side note, do yo think your mother was evil?
So... you're a catholic... ahahaha.... that's awesome!@

First, he started the Catholic Church yes... he was a Prophet of the Lord.... AND the Catholic Church MURDERED him.

TELL ME WHY DID THEY MURDER THEIR FIRST POPE?

TELL ME WHY DID THEY TRANSLATE THE BIBLE FROM A LANGUAGE THAT PEOPLE COULD READ AND UNDERSTAND...

THEY TRANSLATED IT INTO LATIN

KILLED MOTHERS AND DAUGHTERS FOR SAYING THE LORDS PRAYER

BOILED PEOPLE TO DEATH IN OIL BECAUSE THEY WOULD NOT RECANT

BURYING PEOPLE ALIVE

THEY BURNED THE BIBLES AND MURDERED THE PEOPLE THAT BELIEVED IN JESUS CHRIST....

YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE AN IDIOT....

THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IS THE REASON FOR THE DARK AGES...

YOU TELL ME TAKING THE GOSPEL AND CHANGING IT SO PEOPLE COULD NOT UNDERSTAND IT... IS RIGHT...

YOU TELL ME DIGGING WYCLIFF UP YEARS AND YEARS AFTER HE DIED AND WAS BURIED.... AND BURNED HIM AND THREW HIM INTO THE RIVER BECAUSE HE WAS IN THE PROCESS OF TRANSLATING THE BIBLE BACK INTO A LANGUAGE FOR THE PEOPLE...

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#33348 Apr 9, 2014
I understand now Pearl...

You don't believe people should have the Bible...
You believe murdering Christians is okay because they would not recant.

You have fun with that.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#33349 Apr 9, 2014
If it was the 1 true Church... why are there over 250 Christian Churches that Branched off from the ROCK that 1 true Church?

Because the people became corrupted...

Do you support the Church of Rome for murdering Jesus Christ also?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#33350 Apr 10, 2014
All those Churches broke away from The Catholic Church that was the ORIGINAL Church... but when it became corrupted...

we ended up with the Dark Ages.

I assume you believe that is okay too, right?

If it was true there would not be over 250 Churches breaking away from the one true Church that KILLED THE PROPHET St Peter when he came to ROME.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#33351 Apr 10, 2014
You know your constitution legalizes slavery, so you could use that as a legitimate way to endorse forced labor. See I'm helping you.

Now let me help you a little more "The Bible goes back for 5500 years or so... not 2000... you don't know your history... before we came you couldn't even write... we had to teach you how to scratch your name in the mud with a stick.

You keep believing in your Catholicism and I'll keep believing in my Mormonism.

That's all I have to say to you...

No there is one last thing I need to say to the whore of Babylon...

//
You question my life... at least I didn't whore my way through life. You are the weak. I'm a survivor. You don't know my history... you know tiny little parts dear.

You want to ask questions of my life... why don't you sort your own life out first.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#33352 Apr 10, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a stupid statement.
That isn't proving me wrong.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#33353 Apr 10, 2014
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Question; why do you feel a need to be so snide, rude and disrespectful to people? Why do you feel this need to make fun of people and put them down with sarcastic statements? Is that how your parents treated you? Is that who you learned those negative things from? I'm just curious.
As to Mouse's statements of writings being burned/hidden etc by the Catholic church, did you hear the latest that the Catholic church in 2012 was one of the first to call out fraud and lies and stated... "A papyrus fragment of “The Gospel of Jesus’s Wife” that was dismissed by the Vatican as a “clumsy forgery” has been authenticated as being the real thing from about the 7th century? It's the fragment that Jesus speaks of Mary being his wife that had the Catholic church and most of Christianity laughing as a forgery by someone in our era.
Now they aren't laughing. Now they're making comments to it's genuine content and trying to prove what it claims isn't what was written but had a different meaning.
Unfortunately when the early church of Rome fathers were getting rid of any and all writings that went against their 3rd and 4th century logic that Jesus wasn't married and all priestly positions were to be had by celibate males as they believed Jesus was also celibate, they didn't get all the info out there that existed that they tried to destroy.
That may be to much for you to digest so I'll stop now.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#33354 Apr 10, 2014
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>So you can't figure out a way to call me a hypocrite without holding Christians to that same standard? Come on, where's some of that "twisted logic"? You know your constitution legalizes slavery, so you could use that as a legitimate way to endorse forced labor. See I'm helping you.
See, you just proved you don't really read in context what I write. Nomo and Dana are Christians and I hold them to standards I do for you when their being a hypocrite. And being a hypocrite as you inferred doesn't have to come under any one circumstance be it religion or not concerning religion.
You're a hypocrite plain and simple. You're the example of the person in a protest line carrying a sign that you're against big business buying and or selling forced labor products. Than with the same hypocrisy you brand others of, you go home and use your forced labor products you have been buying all your life that you have no problem using day in and day out. So though you're against forced labor, you legitimize and endorse forced labor every single day. And to you, your hypocrisy is a tasty, justifiable drink. But heaven forbid if anyone else does as you do knowingly or unknowingly because you'll be there to call them a hypocrite as you are but make excuses for being to justify your hypocrisy.
See, I'm helping you to understand yourself :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#33355 Apr 10, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't proving me wrong.
No it isn't. And I take back what I said. Your statement wasn't stupid. It was made out of ignorance.
You said... "And who consider the DSS scripture? Not the LDS church."
The DSS contain some of the oldest manuscripts of what are in the Bible that exist to date. That would directly and indirectly make them scripture,
Scripture in this case are the writings in the Bible that are based on other writings that aren't in the Bible. Those writings would also be called scripture because what is in the Bible, was taken from those writings. Understand?
The written works that the Bible is based on are also called scripture because the Bible works were copied from them and thus also called scripture.
The DSS contain exact scriptural versions of some of the books in the OT. Those are now the oldest known versions of what is in the OT. That would make them scripture because they are exact copies of those manuscripts in the later versions of the Masoretic that are considered scripture and the Septuagint that is also considered scripture.
The DSS do contain manuscripts and fragments of writings that are also not scriptural. Do you understand the differences?
In ignorance you are stating the works that verify what is in the Bible is scripture, to you isn't scripture. So to you what is in the Masoretic text and the Septuagint and now within the DSS aren't scripture. But to you what is in the Bible is scripture. Understand your confusion? If the Bible is scripture, the sources verifying what is in the Bible has to be scripture also.
You're trying to do that separation thing again and it just doesn't work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White men! Date a woman with bi-racial kids? (May '11) 6 min Danbo 81
News Mormons: We are Christians, too (Apr '07) Fri Katherin 28,894
why mormon missionaries have sex with married w... (Jun '12) Fri Robin 34
Utah sucks Thu Jonathon Warren 1
Vote for Hillary Nov 29 Anne 71
Mitt Romney is a turd Nov 26 Tyresa 26
Review: Parker Welding (May '14) Nov 25 techsilly 6

South Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance